Austin deserves the six jersey

diedpretty

Re: Austin deserves the six jersey

Post by diedpretty » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:43 am

TIGER wrote:5/8s are runners first and foremost all the great 6s were and will always be strong runners mostly with a leathal step and fend. Blake has both and he's developing an uncanny knack of knowing when to have a crack at the line, his percentage rate of attempts v line breaks must be high.
I agree - at this stage of his career he reminds of Fittler when he first started - great runner of the ball. good positional play but average passer and kicker. Fittler improved those skills over time to become a great and classic 5/8.
Just on Fittler - I'd love to have him involved here as halves coach - he has a soft spot for the Tigers and is genuinely interested in developing young players. I reckon we should be putting out feelers.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:50 am

I agree re Fittler and would love to see him here. He'd need a very soft spot to come here though.
"Quality Stupidity"

barra

Post by barra » Mon 01 Sep, 2014 11:22 am

NT Tiger wrote:I listened to the Raiders game on live stream. I heard two names again and again. Austin and Tapau. In my book, Austin is doing enough to keep the 6 jumper.
Even more obvious at the game NT.

Austin has been playing better than the senior players and better than the junior players. I would stick with him at starting 6 for next year, Brooks at 7.

alex

Post by alex » Mon 01 Sep, 2014 11:39 am

Moses would need one helluva huge off-season to be given the #6 jersey in Round 1 next year. Austin deserves it hands down. If we keep screwing him around with this utility tag I wouldnt blame him to seek opportunities elsewhere, and I'm scared that will really come back to bite us in the backside.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 4:07 am

Austin one of the few bright lights of season 2014. Puts in 100%, seems to single-handedly pull the team back into the contest when everyone else is struggling for impact.

Give the guy a full season at #6 and see what might happen.