Curtis Sironen

haberfield tiger

Re: Curtis Sironen

Post by haberfield tiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:44 pm

he's a kid give him a break..Good to see our NFI coach looking after our up and coming talent... Tough crowd..

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:52 pm

Give him a break, he was thrown in at the deep end by coaches who have NFI and his father had the opportunity to a/ have a season in Hawaii playing American Football in the College system and then b/ had a season playing Reggies and c/ was mentored by a former Australian coach, I know there were great expectations for him him but 30 years ago the NSWRL was far from the cut throat edge the NRL is today!.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 8:37 pm

I thought he was better this week and last (not that I thought he was that bad to begin with. A few things people seem to forget

- He tonight played his 10th first grade game in the backrow
- He didn't play any of his junior career in the backrow
- He only turned 21 less then a month ago
- He was injured for the first half of the season affecting his momentum and preparation
- He is being made to play the full 80 mins most weeks
- He is still making 75 meters a game and 23 tackles
- He is playing in a side that is very disrupted, dispirited and which has struggled for any momentum esp in the 2nd half of the season

Given all of that I think he has been doing a really good job and see the great potential in his running, passing, kicking, vision, etc

methods

Post by methods » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 8:40 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:I thought he was better this week and last (not that I thought he was that bad to begin with. A few things people seem to forget

- He tonight played his 10th first grade game in the backrow
- He didn't play any of his junior career in the backrow
- He only turned 21 less then a month ago
- He was injured for the first half of the season affecting his momentum and preparation
- He is being made to play the full 80 mins most weeks
- He is still making 75 meters a game and 23 tackles
- He is playing in a side that is very disrupted, dispirited and which has struggled for any momentum esp in the 2nd half of the season

Given all of that I think he has been doing a really good job and see the great potential in his running, passing, kicking, vision, etc
Stop it your making too much sense you may insult a few around here

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm

I agree with Boonboon2 and I think he is doing a decent job now.

MAFIA

Post by MAFIA » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 9:23 pm

What leg he is NOT an nrl 1st grade player that simple the name sucked us all in

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 10:57 pm

Don't rate him. There is something there but I don't think it's fantastic or special maybe it won't even surface?. Hope we didn't pay him to much on his extension.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 12:55 am

I think he's got a lot of promise. Bit premature to judge at the moment but from the lower grades he has been a good player.

I do think some are a little harsh on him by putting the microscope on him so closely in such a poor season decimated by injuries (to himself also, but if you remember in the nines he was very solid making a nice break etc).

Give him some time. Everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion but these constant Sironen threads are beginning to be a little annoying. There are other players which are much more of a concern than this 21 year old kid.

coventry bear

Post by coventry bear » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 1:33 am

He is still a kid and he makes the odd mistake. I can forgive the kids making the odd mistake but when you have guys like Blair and Lawrence making them consistently over a couple of seasons then picking them every week is unforgiving!

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 7:44 am

His youth gives him an excuse for the moment, I think. We should persevere with him and help him develop ...and he sure needs some development. There's no excuses left for some of the supposed "leadership group" in this club. It's "leadership" by name only. They're the ones making the basic errors on a regular basis. Disgraceful. No other word for it. Do they really expect us to forget and forgive? If they do, they're deluded as well as arrogant and selfish.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 8:26 am

He's got plenty of potential but the glimpses of realising that are too few and far between. He's the type of player who has suffered from not having a good reserve grade to play and develop his first grade game.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 01 Sep, 2014 11:37 am

To me he looked burnt out on Saturday night. Either because he is too young to handle NRL or he is asked to play too many minutes, or both.

Yes, he did some okay things (mainly with ball in hand) but off the ball he looked less than interested.

MAFIA

Post by MAFIA » Mon 01 Sep, 2014 12:49 pm

This bloke needs to go back a grade like star cup and get his act together

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 01 Sep, 2014 1:13 pm

He's still 20?

We are asking too much of him by making him play 80 even when we have 4 forwards on the bench. It's quite stupid of potter.

When he started I thought he would make a great backrower and tbh I see glimpses of Dwyer in him as well.

Just like our other young players, he lacks consistency which is expected but he gets lazy and is simply too unfit.

He's had a crap year.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

barra

Post by barra » Mon 01 Sep, 2014 2:13 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Just like our other young players, he lacks consistency which is expected but he gets lazy and is simply too unfit.Posted using RoarFEED V.4
This is what I don't get. At this point of the season the players should be in peak fitness... but they look anything but!

Curtis looked like he wouldn't blow out a candle at around 20 min mark. Then struggled through the next 60.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 3:57 am

Can we please stop with the Siro-bashing threads, they make my eyes bleed.

Step 1 - Siro is rubbish, why do people like him.
Step 2 - Yeah, his Dad got him the spot.
Step 3 - No, lay off him, he's just a kid, rest of team is playing rubbish too,
Repeat

BORING