Pies : Where do you buy your favourite and what is it

General Social Discussion
Doc Tiger

Re: Pies : Where do you buy your favourite and what is it

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 06 Apr, 2018 9:55 pm

underdog wrote:
Sat 20 Dec, 2014 2:06 pm
20 minutes north of the Gold Coast - Yatala Pie Shop - middle of an industrial area near Beenleigh (Lock your cars, lads!) but it's pretty amazing.

http://www.yatalapies.com.au/

and when I was in NSW - Robertson Pie shop - great place to stop if you are doing a drive to the Southern Highlands.

https://plus.google.com/108511287595289 ... l=au&hl=en

Both of them are absolutely off the hook.

Enjoyed many a Robertson pie and they are brilliant.

The Mrs and kids were at Yatala pie shop today but I was working so missed out unfortunately.

I'd throw another in Denmark Bakery in South West WA. They're freakin delicious too.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 07 Apr, 2018 8:02 am

Uncle Tom's pies on the Old Pacific hyway outside Mullumbimby is an old favourite. Have a few fancy Asian types as well as Aussie classics. But there apple pies are at least one inch deep plus an inch of cream on top with terrific pastry, also apricot fill.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:35 am

I'll back up Yatala Pies, their curry chicken is absolutely delicious.
Another little gem if you ever find yourself in the little country town of Fernvale, 20 minute drive from Ipswich, is Fernvale Bakery. Not only are their pies fantastic but they have a huge range of other sweets and savouries. Can't go wrong.
Also... Beefy's do a great pie! Steak, bacon and cheese. And if you get a meal deal, they have the biggest serve of chips so it's really good value for money.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:02 pm

The steak and kidney at the Berry Bakery on the south coast takes some beating ..... as do their sausage rolls.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 8:52 pm

Don't eat em, bad for you!

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 8:46 am

Had a pie from a franchise called Banjo's.. I'm sure they're around the country but this was at Glendale here in the Lake Maq / Newcastle area....

Went there yesterday. Really enjoyed. Worth a try if there is one in your area.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.