Garbage

Spartan117

Re: Garbage

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:08 pm

Good honest Thread with some insightful discussion.

I agree that we as fands and the club should in no way really be that impressed.

Panthers put 40 on the Titans, We should have put another 20 on the Drags last night.

However, we should take the 4 points.

Young team, new coach, this will help the cause

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:17 pm

Flippedy wrote:
willow wrote:
MacDougall wrote:We flogged Souths last year. We'll flog them again. Souths to get a reality check.
I admire your enthusiasm but Souths are the form team at the moment and play to plan better than any other side. We'll need to replicate our first 25 minutes for the full 80, and I don't think we are capable just yet. We drift in and out of the game too easily which comes down to lack of experience, particularly the halves who are not yet seasoned first graders.
Yep, what Souths did to a star studded Roosters outfit yesterday was stunning! Don't kid yourself Mac, we're in trouble next week, but as long as we give a good account of ourselves, I'll be happy.
IF Souths play against us they did against the Rorters, and IF we play as we did against the Dragons, then yes, I agree, it could get a little ugly next week.
However, Souths were 'up' for their clash with Roosters who are, without doubt, their biggest threat to another premiership. I doubt that they will have quite the same attitude against us - it's just a natural let down taking on a team perceived to be of lesser ability. Secondly, we will be as 'up' as we can be - and for the full game (or until we've been psychologically put out of the game). So I expect a closer game than many anticipate. Long odds against a win, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:37 pm

yeti wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
willow wrote:
MacDougall wrote:We flogged Souths last year. We'll flog them again. Souths to get a reality check.
I admire your enthusiasm but Souths are the form team at the moment and play to plan better than any other side. We'll need to replicate our first 25 minutes for the full 80, and I don't think we are capable just yet. We drift in and out of the game too easily which comes down to lack of experience, particularly the halves who are not yet seasoned first graders.
Yep, what Souths did to a star studded Roosters outfit yesterday was stunning! Don't kid yourself Mac, we're in trouble next week, but as long as we give a good account of ourselves, I'll be happy.
IF Souths play against us they did against the Rorters, and IF we play as we did against the Dragons, then yes, I agree, it could get a little ugly next week.
However, Souths were 'up' for their clash with Roosters who are, without doubt, their biggest threat to another premiership. I doubt that they will have quite the same attitude against us - it's just a natural let down taking on a team perceived to be of lesser ability. Secondly, we will be as 'up' as we can be - and for the full game (or until we've been psychologically put out of the game). So I expect a closer game than many anticipate. Long odds against a win, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.
They took us for granted last year and we embarrassed them, I doubt that they'll make that mistake again.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:14 pm

I believe that Drinkwater would make a big difference to this team. Good defender and tactical kicker. Can really lead a team around the park.

I don't know if it is only me but is Farah down on form? Still good defence but his attack is not what it was.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:37 pm

bonstonker wrote:
innsaneink wrote:So we beat a team by 16 points....only having to play well for 25 minutes, tells me where saints are....also tells me where we are
Last week...titans and all their dramas....we scrape home by 1....

I dunno about the rest of you, but I reckon that was crap....the way we started, our defense was strong and our forwards were terrific...attack flowed naturally from it....but then it was all just garbage...such a dissapointing final 45/50 minutes

These two teams weve played will finish 14, 15 0r 16.... I think JT wont be happy
i don't understand your thread ink.
new coach and during the off season you talk about having patience with the team.
come round 2 and you start this thread.

for me,our defense is ok,though still yet to be challenged by a team with a decent attack.
forwards look great.

just waiting to see if brooks and mosses can get close to the hype.
Yeah I shouldve taken a moment...or a night.
Was just disappointed from one half to the next...as I said somewhere today in this one...plenty for them to work on hope the kids learn from it

I think JT might learn some halftime stuff too...hopefully

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 5:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
bonstonker wrote:
innsaneink wrote:So we beat a team by 16 points....only having to play well for 25 minutes, tells me where saints are....also tells me where we are

I dunno about the rest of you, but I reckon that was crap....the way we started, our defense was strong and our forwards were terrific...attack flowed naturally from it....but then it was all just garbage...such a dissapointing final 45/50 minutes

These two teams weve played will finish 14, 15 0r 16.... I think JT wont be happy
i don't understand your thread ink.
new coach and during the off season you talk about having patience with the team.
come round 2 and you start this thread.

for me,our defense is ok,though still yet to be challenged by a team with a decent attack.
forwards look great.

just waiting to see if brooks and mosses can get close to the hype.
Yeah I shouldve taken a moment...or a night.
Was just disappointed from one half to the next...as I said somewhere today in this one...plenty for them to work on hope the kids learn from it

I think JT might learn some halftime stuff too...hopefully
Yeah I think we were all expecting much more from them in the second half after such an explosive first 25 minutes. It was highly disappointing that they couldn't drive the nail into the coffin of an inept Dragons side and at least score a couple of tries in the second stanza. Still, the positive to take from it is our defence, I guess.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 6:50 pm

Garbage is too strong a word. Wests Tigers teams of old would have gone on a touch footy holiday in the 2nd half of that match.(Followed up by self congratulatory curtain call before the media).

I was glad to see a bit of control and restraint for once. We missed a few sitters, shanked most goal kicks. It should've been 50-4. Also JT is trying to get the team ready for Origin time when Robbie and Woods are away for 3 matches. Not an easy thing to do and keep winning.

No injuries, and our off night was against a rubbish side. Goodnight.
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:05 pm

i know Ink slept on it - but i have to agree - 2nd half was crap - as to be arrogant.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:56 pm

I watched the replay tonight and thought about how the Tiges could have put another 20 on the Dragqueens in the second half...I realised that there was a lack of controlled football and more of "what will we do now "especially with Farrah on the bench...JT may be experimenting with the kids,however in my opinion Drinkwater would of come up with some tactical plays that I think Brooks lacks at the moment...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:58 pm

brooks & tedesco - they get us points -

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:07 pm

bottom line - Ink called it for what it was. great call. we better wake up come 4pm Sunday.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:59 pm

We certainly could have used Drinkwater in the second half TT. Shame we can't have him in the side as well, at the moment. But he'll get his chance soon i'm sure.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 12:14 am

He won't get his chance unless one of Moses and Brooks get injured or suspended. I can't see either of them getting dropped at all even if they have a few total howlers. They'll just get the "you have to expect that from young guys" treatment. Gotta persevere.