We declined when Farah went off

VanillaThunder

We declined when Farah went off

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:39 pm

As many others have said, we were also missing two international forwards plus Keefy who was immense. It certainly wasn't on Halatau's shoulders. Halves made plenty of poor choices.
Sue was huge early on too but seemed to tire, maybe he needs to hold back for the first 20 and inject himself when the props rotate.
All credit to Buchanan, but Lodge will provide more go-forward when he returns too.

I'd expect Robbie to play 80 next week, but Dene does provide a somewhat level head in his absence where the youngsters still can't be trusted 100% to run our offence.
Another forward on the bench wouldn't go astray either. Hard to play Santi and Halatau together.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 3:11 pm

I can see Lodge providing the perfect balance if he starts at lock. He can still run aggressively like Taupau does so we would still have 3 powerful props starting the game. When KG needs a rest, Taupau comes on. Then Ava for Lodge.

And maybe KG then back on for Woodsy before halftime.

This way we still have at least one of our key forwards on the field at all times.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 3:37 pm

I have said it before and I will say it again,Luke has to control the game when Robbie is off,once again he was lost once Robbie went off...what does that say..we have a very good play maker in Drinkwater who will at least try things,Luke has not the confidence yet to take control...it is also affecting Moses...albeit Luke is a kid and has to learn,we are also a team that has to win games to be a force...Souths,Dogs and Storm will eat us if we don't challenge them...Luke Brooks is an out and out playmaker with high expectations placed on him,time to stop being a kid and start doing a mans job...TT always has been hard but fair....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 3:20 am

Eddie wrote:
bonstonker wrote:
terrible analysis going on in here.
We played Saints an the Titans. Almost like starting with a couple of byes.

I can say though that we have scored 0 points with Farah off the field so far this season. We had probably a combined 5-6 sets inside the 20s during that period.

Lets see how it holds up against the better sides, before you claim it do be "terrible analysis"
game plan was obvious by taylor while farah is off to barge it forward which we did successfully in both games.
starting the half going back to basics and earning your right to spread it.
sounds like a good structure to me.

against both teams we dominated field position with the forwards consistently making over 10m per hitup.
against the dragons we had 20 plays inside the dragons half.the dragons had 6 inside ours.
against the titans a similar story,16 inside the titans half and 5 for the titans inside ours with 4 of those coming courtesy of a moses penalty.
taylor brought farah back on when they got a repeat set and richards scores.

in no way did the teams play decline while farah was off.
looked like a team playing exactly to the coaches instructions.

halatau and the bench forwards did their job.

and they did not have the ball inside the 20 for a combined 5-6 sets.
14 plays was the total number from both games.

doesn't matter if this holds up against the better sides,the analysis is about the games already played and what the outcome was.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 8:09 am

Too hard to gauge what will happen in future...worry about it when it happens.
JT may adopt a horses for courses gameplan....or he may stick solid.
Lots can happen in 20 mins, teams can have 75% posession - either way...Ive seen the raiders
pile on 24 point in 9 minutes in 6 sets....I think the rest will do Robbie wonders, hopefully we benefit much more later in the season

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 8:44 am

I agree Ink, also goes with much of the reasoning JT said in the post game interview, and I think JT is really encouraging a team ethic more than we've had in recent seasons where the load gets shared, everyone has to contribute etc etc

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 9:32 am

Black Orange White wrote:Halatau was not the problem even if he wasn't great. I don't know why our best forwards and Farah ever sit out at once. Also, Moses and Brooks were very ordinary and rely too heavily on James Tedesco to carry them. It's the reason we fall apart when he gets injured.
I remember the Rabbitohs a few years ago having Asotasi and a few of their other gun forwards on the bench at the same time and it was costing them games. The media caught on and i remember Sterlo and Gus being quite critical of their interchange routines during the commentary.

Can anyone remember if it was Taylor who was in charge during that period ? Something tells me it was

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...