*Live game thread* Spoilers!

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1114
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

*Live game thread* Spoilers!

Post by shakey4d » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:54 pm

jirskyr wrote:Golden point has to go, it becomes a farce how the refs pocket the whistle and teams just lie offside for 10 mins. It's scrappy, ugly football.

You don't normally get two shots at winning a game, Brooks had all the time in the world with an open set of uprights 73rd min, that was our moment and we didn't take it. My biased memory tells me Tigers are one of the worst teams at grabbing the vital chance.

Also gotta say Farah really mucked up the last few sets, once we got within a few to go, despite the Graham (or Tolman) offside, he should have just got rid of it for a kick, not fooled around trying to milk the penalty. He milks so hard now, refs just ignore him. He went the wrong way two other sets, we were having hit-ups out wide on tackle 4, how is a bloke supposed to take a decent shot if we don't cart it up the middle?
Agree with this. Golden point is an absolute farce. Its not exciting its horrible, boring, predictable football. I'd prefer a draw.

We panicked and were lost on a few occasions when setting up for shot. Farah looked like he was still looking around for Patty :p

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0


User avatar
NJLM78
Member
Member
Posts: 2719
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:00 am

shakey4d wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Golden point has to go, it becomes a farce how the refs pocket the whistle and teams just lie offside for 10 mins. It's scrappy, ugly football.

You don't normally get two shots at winning a game, Brooks had all the time in the world with an open set of uprights 73rd min, that was our moment and we didn't take it. My biased memory tells me Tigers are one of the worst teams at grabbing the vital chance.

Also gotta say Farah really mucked up the last few sets, once we got within a few to go, despite the Graham (or Tolman) offside, he should have just got rid of it for a kick, not fooled around trying to milk the penalty. He milks so hard now, refs just ignore him. He went the wrong way two other sets, we were having hit-ups out wide on tackle 4, how is a bloke supposed to take a decent shot if we don't cart it up the middle?
Agree with this. Golden point is an absolute farce. Its not exciting its horrible, boring, predictable football. I'd prefer a draw.

We panicked and were lost on a few occasions when setting up for shot. Farah looked like he was still looking around for Patty :p

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

I don't say this as a Tigers fan because they are terrible at golden point, but I could never understand what was wrong with games finishing in a draw and taking one point each.

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Knuckles » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 7:13 am

Geez it hurts when we lose like that ... You'd think a bloke would get used to it but no, not the case. Anyway, just have to saddle up again next week and hope the boys can get over the line. All part of being a Wests Tigers supporter I spose :roll:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29664
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 Mar, 2015 8:31 pm

TJL wrote:
underdog wrote:Most of you on here should piss off back into fairweather territory.
Fairweather GFed, Pies supporter since '74 FFS. Nobody and I mean nobody gets done after leading by 18.
2009 Newcastle led WESTS Tigers 24 - 6 16mins to go ...Final result Wests Tigers 26 Knights 24
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sun 29 Mar, 2015 9:06 pm

NJLM78 wrote:
shakey4d wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Golden point has to go, it becomes a farce how the refs pocket the whistle and teams just lie offside for 10 mins. It's scrappy, ugly football.

You don't normally get two shots at winning a game, Brooks had all the time in the world with an open set of uprights 73rd min, that was our moment and we didn't take it. My biased memory tells me Tigers are one of the worst teams at grabbing the vital chance.

Also gotta say Farah really mucked up the last few sets, once we got within a few to go, despite the Graham (or Tolman) offside, he should have just got rid of it for a kick, not fooled around trying to milk the penalty. He milks so hard now, refs just ignore him. He went the wrong way two other sets, we were having hit-ups out wide on tackle 4, how is a bloke supposed to take a decent shot if we don't cart it up the middle?
Agree with this. Golden point is an absolute farce. Its not exciting its horrible, boring, predictable football. I'd prefer a draw.

We panicked and were lost on a few occasions when setting up for shot. Farah looked like he was still looking around for Patty :p

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

I don't say this as a Tigers fan because they are terrible at golden point, but I could never understand what was wrong with games finishing in a draw and taking one point each.
Well there was nothing wrong with it for 90 odd years, but some genius decided to fix what wasn't broken and change it just to p--- everybody off, clubs and supporters alike!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen


User avatar
Pierre M7
Member
Member
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:53 am
Location: Burwood

Post by Pierre M7 » Sun 29 Mar, 2015 10:02 pm

Geo. wrote:
TJL wrote:
underdog wrote:Most of you on here should piss off back into fairweather territory.
Fairweather GFed, Pies supporter since '74 FFS. Nobody and I mean nobody gets done after leading by 18.
2009 Newcastle led WESTS Tigers 24 - 6 16mins to go ...Final result Wests Tigers 26 Knights 24
it was actually 24-10 with 15 to go
"One flick and they're gone"

Image

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29664
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 Mar, 2015 10:08 pm

Pierre M7 wrote:
Geo. wrote:
TJL wrote:
underdog wrote:Most of you on here should piss off back into fairweather territory.
Fairweather GFed, Pies supporter since '74 FFS. Nobody and I mean nobody gets done after leading by 18.
2009 Newcastle led WESTS Tigers 24 - 6 16mins to go ...Final result Wests Tigers 26 Knights 24
it was actually 24-10 with 15 to go
Oh yeah..my bad.....It was this Newcastle game...24 points: Wests Tigers came from 24–0 down after 26 minutes to win 36–32 against the Newcastle Knights on 11 August 2001 at Campbelltown Stadium.

Plus a host of others

26 Points: North Queensland Cowboys came from 26–0 down at halftime to win 36–28 against the Penrith Panthers on 29 May 1998 at Penrith Stadium
26 Points: Penrith Panthers came from 32–6 down after 53 minutes to draw 32–32 against the New Zealand Warriors on 1 August 2009 at CUA Stadium
24 Points: St. George Illawarra Dragons came from 34–10 down after 57 minutes to win 36–34 against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles on 29 August 2004 at Oki Jubilee Stadium
24 Points: South Sydney Rabbitohs came from 28–4 down after 52 minutes to win 29–28 against the North Queensland Cowboys on 28 June 2008 at Dairy Farmers Stadium
24 Points: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks came from 24–0 down after 31 minutes to win 30–28 against the Sydney Roosters on 5 July 2014 at Allianz Stadium
23 Points: Penrith Panthers came from 31–8 down after 53 minutes to win 32–31 against the Wests Tigers on 4 June 2000 at Penrith Stadium.
22 Points: Parramatta Eels came from 22–0 down at halftime to win 34–28 against the Penrith Panthers on 17 July 2010 at CUA Stadium.
22 Points: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks came from 22-0 down after 43 minutes to win 24-22 against the Brisbane Broncos on 28 June 2014 at Suncorp Stadium.
20 Points: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles came from 26-6 down after 51 minutes to win 36-26 against the Penrith Panthers on 29 May 2005 at Brookvale Oval.
20 Points: Parramatta Eels came from 20–0 down at halftime to win 24–20 against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles on 21 March 2010 at Parramatta Stadium.
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

User avatar
Pierre M7
Member
Member
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:53 am
Location: Burwood

Post by Pierre M7 » Sun 29 Mar, 2015 10:10 pm

Yep there's been so many big come backs now in the modern game
"One flick and they're gone"

Image

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29593
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Mar, 2015 5:53 am

Nothing wrong with a draw.

There used to be usually one team lucky, and relieved to be grabbing one point....while the other would often be rueing the fact they didnt grab both

Post Reply