Naiqama

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Naiqama

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 11:37 am

What a game for him last night! Natural finisher, explosive runs and safe most of the time under the high ball. I for one am glad he has resigned for two more seasons, has to be in our top 3 players this year performance wise.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 11:48 am

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:What a game for him last night! Natural finisher, explosive runs and safe most of the time under the high ball. I for one am glad he has resigned for two more seasons, has to be in our top 3 players this year performance wise.
Don't think i'd go that far, but he's been solid as a rock. Noffa has a battle on his hands to get back into the side. Think he might come back in the centres at the expense of Lawrence.

On Kev, he's always looked the goods in the limited opportunities he had at Newcastle and Penrith. Not sure why at his age he hasn't played more fg.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:21 pm

I've always been a fan of Kev.
Always thought he was hugely under rated at the knights and again at the panthers.
Met him and his brother a bunch of times and he's an absolute legend.

I'm so glad he's with us for a few years, expect big things.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 1:01 pm

I predict he will be named buy of the year at season's end :D
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 1:09 pm

He is very strong for a smaller player. He's not afraid of a tough carry.

At least you know he wants it to hang in there for so long waiting for an opportunity

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 1:15 pm

when a bomb goes to his side it feels like a 50/50 chance.
usually it is a drop from the opposition that let's us off and not naiqama out leaping the opposition.
which is why i want noffa back at wing when he is fit again.

with that said,i have felt since the sevens that he should be our right centre.
was that his first touch at centre when he made the long break.
our right edge is suddenly explosive with him at centre and more set plays must be added with teddy sweeping right side and naiqama off his right shoulder.
i also believe this will open things up for moses and give him genuine options with the ball.

his composure in defense also makes the decision an easy one to make.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 2:03 pm

bonstonker wrote:when a bomb goes to his side it feels like a 50/50 chance.
usually it is a drop from the opposition that let's us off and not naiqama out leaping the opposition.

our right edge is suddenly explosive with him at centre and more set plays must be added with teddy sweeping right side and naiqama off his right shoulder.
i also believe this will open things up for moses and give him genuine options with the ball.

This is exactly how I see the situation. SImona and Richards (but get someone fast to replace Richards soon) and Naiqama and Nofo on the right.

marzie

Post by marzie » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 2:39 pm

stevetiger wrote:

This is exactly how I see the situation. SImona and Richards (but get someone fast to replace Richards soon) and Naiqama and Nofo on the right.
x2

Except for the replacing richards part

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 3:16 pm

On the money there, Bon.
If Moses had those two outside of him we would be able to switch our attack - instead of relying on the left for 95%of the game.
As you say, also gives Tedesco more options.

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 3:30 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:What a game for him last night! Natural finisher, explosive runs and safe most of the time under the high ball. I for one am glad he has resigned for two more seasons, has to be in our top 3 players this year performance wise.
Don't think i'd go that far, but he's been solid as a rock. Noffa has a battle on his hands to get back into the side. Think he might come back in the centres at the expense of Lawrence.

On Kev, he's always looked the goods in the limited opportunities he had at Newcastle and Penrith. Not sure why at his age he hasn't played more fg.

Coach Taylor said in the press conference that he was arguably our best player this year thus far. I tend to agree with the coach.

I used to work in a bar in Newie, out of all the knights that frequented the place he and his brother were always welcomed by my staff (cant say that for most of the others that hanged out there). The brothers were always very respectful to the girl staff, they didnt drink, they would come to play poker, have 3 or 4 waters and leave. Never a problem with them. Few of the others knights players I could tell ya some stories.

Im very glad he is with the Tigers and showing he has the goods to be a regular first grader for many years to come.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 3:45 pm

I don't care where Kevvie plays as long as he plays. There is always a chance something good will happen when he has ball in hand with even a little space to work with.

His effort and commitment are huge, and should be inspirational to his team mates - they are inspirational to watch.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 8:19 pm

So you're thinking:

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Naiqama
4. Simona
5. Richards

This would work well. Hoeter and Rowdy provide solid backup.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 9:08 pm

Hoeter has had 2 great games in 1st grade
In different positions. At this point he should be there somewhere unless his form drops

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 10:24 pm

Another 6-8 rounds until Nofa is fit to come back to firsts. By then no one knows what could have happened.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 7:05 am

Like Bon I worry every time a bomb goes to him. He has a few mistakes in him. Despite being involved in the three tries, I actually thought the Dogs game wasnt one of his best this year. Too many errors for me.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 7:25 am

Milky wrote:Another 6-8 rounds until Nofa is fit to come back to firsts. By then no one knows what could have happened.

They were talking 4 weeks a couple of weeks ago. Has there been an injury update I have missed?

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:10 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Milky wrote:Another 6-8 rounds until Nofa is fit to come back to firsts. By then no one knows what could have happened.

They were talking 4 weeks a couple of weeks ago. Has there been an injury update I have missed?
No but he still needs some fitness after that

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:42 am

Until Noffa is fit with an 80 min game in NSW Cup under his belt. I'm happy to go with this current backline, that beat a depleted Bulldogs side. They can only beat who the opposition put up against them and they did that well.
The next opposition backline will different matter, but after what they showed against the Dogs..they deserve a crack at one of the comps best backlines.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4
in Ivan we distrust