Pat Richards "lose" carry

Tigerheart_returns

Pat Richards "lose" carry

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:48 am

beats me how they ruled on that one! Whilst I am fully supportive of the player carrying the ball having a secure hold, the number of times I have seen it been called in favour of the player holding the ball is 100 to 1. But then again, so were the chances of losing a scrum against the feed... :roll:

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:24 am

They even replayed the hit on Lawrence before the scrum was fed and still didn't overturn it.
Loose carry pigs arse was hit in the melon and had to come off under the concussion rule.
They had it for us yesterday.
These refs should be forced to do Press Conference's like Coaches.
Bloody protected species.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:26 am

The problem with calls such as a loose carry versus the ball being stripped is that it is very subjective and can vary from referee to referee. The second Newcastle player in the Richards tackle does come in contact with the ball but even after numerous viewings from the video refs it was decided that it was a loose carry. I can live with the decision, however there are numerous occasions during a game that the on field refs judge when the ball comes loose in a tackle that it warrants a penalty even though subsequent replays may suggest differently. Unfortunately, unless we view every infringement countless times to assess whether a penalty is warranted we just have to accept a refs interpretation as the alternative will have the game taking 3 hours to complete.

Gray

Post by Gray » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:35 am

Beautiful Scott had his other arm trapped behind his back in the tackle from what I remember anyway. So he couldn't have held it more secure if he wanted to?

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:47 am

The current interpretation in 95% of times is that that is a strip. Now i have no issue with them doing a n NRL wide reinterpretation, which has to be done explicitly and consistently across the entire NRL.

The other issue was that if it was a loose carry, then it would've been also knocked on by Smith.

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:00 pm

"The current interpretation in 95% of times is that that is a strip."

Correct - that is my point. Even the commentators were saying that the referees had gone against their own "rule" so to speak..

Amongst too many (useless) apps, we may need to develop one that explains ref's calls, me thinks...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:19 pm

foreveratiger wrote:They even replayed the hit on Lawrence before the scrum was fed and still didn't overturn it.
Loose carry pigs arse was hit in the melon and had to come off under the concussion rule.
Sorry guys wrong thread :oops: :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 18 May, 2015 8:48 pm

Demonborger wrote:The current interpretation in 95% of times is that that is a strip. Now i have no issue with them doing a n NRL wide reinterpretation, which has to be done explicitly and consistently across the entire NRL.

The other issue was that if it was a loose carry, then it would've been also knocked on by Smith.
My problem is Phil Gould saying that it came loose while Smith was trying to make a tackle, when clearly he was just swiping at the ball.

Anyway between that call and the Lawrence KO i was yelling at the TV all afternoon and now my family hates me

mightymagpie

Post by mightymagpie » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:04 pm

The loose carry/strip rule ruins the game as its open to each referees interpretation. The rule should be if the ball comes loose its play on - emphasis on the ball carrier to secure the ball.
But under the current rules 99 times out of 100 that would have been deemed a strip. I was furious watching that. And just to make it worse Moses and Nofa I think get penalised for a strip in the next set when the Knights lost the ball in the tackle.
But after all that I don't think that call cost us the game - it was all the errors

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:13 pm

It's loose...just sayin...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:15 pm

Geo. wrote:It's loose...just sayin...
It was a loose lose lol

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:19 pm

foreveratiger wrote:They even replayed the hit on Lawrence before the scrum was fed and still didn't overturn it.
Tell it like it is FT. Agree with all of that. :rant

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:27 pm

I have no problem with them calling it a loose carry however Smith's hand hits the ball and therefore it was a knockon and is ruled a knockon on every occasion I have seen this happen.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:47 pm

They have been very consistent in ruling strips or knock on in instances such as these. There is no doubt the ball touches smiths hand- if patty was trying to pass, isn't it an accidental knock on from smith?

Either way, it was the wrong decision. Can't remember if it went to video ref?

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:16 pm

mightymagpie wrote:The loose carry/strip rule ruins the game as its open to each referees interpretation. The rule should be if the ball comes loose its play on - emphasis on the ball carrier to secure the ball.
But under the current rules 99 times out of 100 that would have been deemed a strip. I was furious watching that. And just to make it worse Moses and Nofa I think get penalised for a strip in the next set when the Knights lost the ball in the tackle.
But after all that I don't think that call cost us the game - it was all the errors

It wasn't even the ref's interpretation, the ref called it no try.

The video ref overruled them

I'm almost done with this sport, I swear no other game has to put up with these monumental stuff ups Every. Single. Week

JRD

Post by JRD » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:16 pm

diedpretty wrote:I have no problem with them calling it a loose carry however Smith's hand hits the ball and therefore it was a knockon and is ruled a knockon on every occasion I have seen this happen.
100% correct

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 19 May, 2015 4:44 am

Geo. wrote:It's loose...just sayin...
And it annoys me no end, so any chance of remedying it?

Loose carry my arse, anyone swiping at the ball like Smith did will knock it out, just about without fail. Worse still, he was the second man in and knocked the bloody thing forward as well.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 7:12 am

Demonborger wrote:The current interpretation in 95% of times is that that is a strip. Now i have no issue with them doing a n NRL wide reinterpretation, which has to be done explicitly and consistently across the entire NRL.

Thats the issue. It doesn't matter whether its a strip or not, its still a knock on. Ridiculous ruling. Same thing happened at the other end of the field about 20 mins later and they got us for a strip.