Gidley Charged..

happy tiger

Re: Gidley Charged..

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 May, 2015 7:56 am

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
I'm talking about the charge not the possible penalty or even the possible return of the ball

Seeing the ball spill happened after the contact to the head I can't understand at the least why the ball wasn't returned to the player who would replace Rowdy

We see it when players get serious leg or neck injuries when a player puts the ball down beside him when they are injured
i think thats exactly right. i was surprised that given lawrence only dropped the ball following the head shot that they didnt retain possession. as you say, it happens all the time.
The Tackle was not complete...simple
Well seeing it has been classed as an illegal tackle the tackle was completed the moment Gidley made contact with his head
Yeah lets go back and replay the game from that point... :roll:[/quote]

Your missing the point (or maybe the point is missing you ) but the video ref could see either way that Rowdy was struck in the head by Gidley's arm

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 19 May, 2015 8:46 am

happy tiger wrote:
Your missing the point (or maybe the point is missing you ) but the video ref could see either way that Rowdy was struck in the head by Gidley's arm
If my Aunty had balls she would be my Uncle....It SHOULD have been a PENALTY...but at the TIME they deemed otherwise ...Rowdy was deemed to loose the ball in the tackle hence Badge packed a scum...Newcastle loose and feed...that is the point...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Tue 19 May, 2015 11:31 am

WT should put 130k aside and get the coach to blow up every second week in the media,has worked wonders for Storm,Dogs,Manly,Broncos whose coaches have intimidated the refs and NRL.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 May, 2015 11:38 am

Surprised Lawrence wasn't charged for a grade 3 headbutt on Gidley's arm.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 May, 2015 11:46 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Surprised Lawrence wasn't charged for a grade 3 headbutt on Gidley's arm.
Well if Rowdy misses a week after the cognitive tests CB technically he did

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 19 May, 2015 3:40 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Seems like I'm the only one who thought that wasn't a penalty. I remember looking at it in normal speed and thought Lawrence ducked his head too early to go to ground

A little off topic but I hate how high tackles are usually a one way street- there have been so many cases where players put their own head in a dangerous position (not always to earn a penalty). I think afl has a rule against that where if you put your own head in a dangerous position, it's a penalty against you.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
AFL's only a semi contact sport, they just want blokes standing upright and throwing the ball away when someone grabs their jumper. God forbid anyone might drop their head and shoulder and actually run into the defender.

I don't mind that it's a bit of a one way street; the impetus is on the defender to make a safe tackle. I'm not a fan of lazy swinging arms when a defender isn't able to get their body in line. It's no good making 20 sloppy tackles then crying to the ref when you catch someone's head as they drop. It's like the third man in lifting the legs, just cos it doesn't usually go wrong doesn't mean you can cry accidental when you up-end a bloke.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 19 May, 2015 5:02 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:s***, even Maxwell and Hayne wouldve given that a penalty... Time for someone to Tackle the Badge!!!
Quoted on another forum - so dont know how accurate - "not won a game with Badger as a ref since 2010". Hard to not get cynical about referees.