Willow's match report and player review

MacDougall

Re: Willow's match report and player review

Post by MacDougall » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:52 am

willow wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Hey Willow. I've started writing match reports at Leagueunlimited.com and if I ever do up a Tigers one, can postmark it with one of your awesome photos?
Yeah that's cool, they're SMH photos anyway mate!
Oh in that case I can't, thanks anyway!

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 29 Mar, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks Willow, as always. Sounds like we were great.

One interesting stat I noticed was that Robbie made 24 tackles, when he usually makes 34 or so. This suggests that Gibbs/Galloway etc did more work than usual in the centre of the ruck, OR that Parra didn't run into the centre of the ruck, therefore there were fewer tackles to make. I've been wondering for some years whether it was really sensible to have Robbie making 35-40 tackles and expect him to remain sharp in attack as well.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 29 Mar, 2010 7:35 pm

Paris Cobbs wrote:Thanks Willow, as always. Sounds like we were great.

One interesting stat I noticed was that Robbie made 24 tackles, when he usually makes 34 or so. This suggests that Gibbs/Galloway etc did more work than usual in the centre of the ruck, OR that Parra didn't run into the centre of the ruck, therefore there were fewer tackles to make. I've been wondering for some years whether it was really sensible to have Robbie making 35-40 tackles and expect him to remain sharp in attack as well.
The Tigers really dominated the ruck mate, and the defensive workload was shared a bit more evenly as a result. No surprise Farah had his best game of the season as a result.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:55 am

and it was good farah didnt kick for touch - those mistakes hurt and can cost a game.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

alien

Post by alien » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:58 pm

Lote did get outjumped by Reddy but our centre turned his back on the ball and wasn't watching the ball and he should have helped Lote out.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Wed 31 Mar, 2010 2:54 am

willow wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:Thanks Willow, as always. Sounds like we were great.

The Tigers really dominated the ruck mate, and the defensive workload was shared a bit more evenly as a result. No surprise Farah had his best game of the season as a result.
Thanks W.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.