Cherrington

MacDougall

Re: Cherrington

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 8:08 pm

Who's got a good enough memory to remember when Farah came into first grade? He was doing short stints off the bench just like Cherrington is now and when he took the starting jersey he didn't become an 80 minute player straight away, he had Halatau interchanging with him.

Cherrington will be a special player imo. He is a level headed, well spoken leader type. We should invest in him, though Jacob Liddle is also very good.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 8:57 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
king sirro wrote:Hi doesn't dominate in defence yet. Looks very good in attack but does concede metres in defence. Halatau should have come back on for Lovett
The score with Cherrington on the field was 16-10 tigres.

With halatau at 9 it was 32-0

His defence can't have been that bad

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
That's a very simplistic way of gauging things...and highly inaccurate.
Cherry does have a way to go in defense. ..He is a developing.player after all

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:03 pm

MacDougall wrote:Who's got a good enough memory to remember when Farah came into first grade? He was doing short stints off the bench just like Cherrington is now and when he took the starting jersey he didn't become an 80 minute player straight away, he had Halatau interchanging with him.

Cherrington will be a special player imo. He is a level headed, well spoken leader type. We should invest in him, though Jacob Liddle is also very good.
I remember Farah debut very well sitting behind the posts near Mary st. He did take a while to become an 80 minute player like all hookers. ..no exceptions. So Cherrington will be the same.

I wonder when he was replaced if it looked like he needed it. Can't tell from watching TV. .he may have been blowing hard. Or he may have been traveling well and Taylor just stick to his interchange plan.

I don't know the answer but I must admit it does seem that Taylor has an interchange plan each game and he sticks with it rather than actually judging the game on its merits at the time.....that in itself smacks of no imagination
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:05 pm

Sully wrote:Great game in attack and with more time and another preseason he will get better in defence, he will be a future star.

I got to sit next to his Family at Leichhardt when he made his debut and heard his mum say that his manager wants him to leave the Tigers as he is stuck behind Farah. If that is the choice I would say bye bye Robbie as he will be great for many years to come.
Then his manager is an idiot. Many years to come? He's 31 and had two serious injuries this year. He's no great odds to make it to 2017. If he's playing origin next year I think Cherrington gets a fair bit of game time next year depending on the draw.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:06 pm

MacDougall wrote:Who's got a good enough memory to remember when Farah came into first grade? He was doing short stints off the bench just like Cherrington is now and when he took the starting jersey he didn't become an 80 minute player straight away, he had Halatau interchanging with him.

Was Robbie coming on for the great Darren Senter?

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:19 pm

in 2016 Cherrington will be ready for FG...If I were the WT I would have the balls to let Farah go after this year...would solve much of our cap issue and set ourselves in a new direction for 2016 and beyond.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:22 pm

alexaki wrote:in 2016 Cherrington will be ready for FG...If I were the WT I would have the balls to let Farah go after this year...would solve much of our cap issue and set ourselves in a new direction for 2016 and beyond.
What would we pay him out with ? Subway vouchers ??

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:27 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
alexaki wrote:in 2016 Cherrington will be ready for FG...If I were the WT I would have the balls to let Farah go after this year...would solve much of our cap issue and set ourselves in a new direction for 2016 and beyond.

I've been collecting buttons...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:29 pm

Geo. wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

Hope you've got some rare ones :roll

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:36 pm

Think i've finally put my finger on it regarding Brooks, he likes a hooker who darts out and gets him going forward and brings him onto the ball, he 's way more effective when he's doing this than receiving the ball deep or wide, Brooks is dangerous around the ruck with short passes and Moses is better with deeper wider plays or bullet longer passes that get players outside their man (if we ever have outside backs good enough and that stay on the park long enough). Cherrington is the type to provide that but he's not an 80min player yet. But when we get going forward like that we can really put on points quickly if JT will let them play.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:07 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Geo. wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

Hope you've got some rare ones :roll

Haha.. ignorance is bliss.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:19 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong. Nobody would pay what we are for Farah, so if we released him we would then have to top up his contract from his next club to make up the difference. That then counts towards our cap. I thought that's what has got us in all this trouble now?

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:27 pm

Farah has been a good servant and our best player by far for at least the last 4 years.
His value will depreciate as he gets older therefore we will be paying top dollar for the last 2 years. He is still an origin level player and is lightyears ahead of Cherrington. The timing is perfect but they need to lock up Cherrington past 2017.

That said Farah and Tigers mutually agreeing to part ways so he can have a title shot makes sense for our useless club and the player. Given we are getting back to back spoons Farahs salary would be better used signing 3 solid first graders in the back row and centre positions. The real problem is if we release players we will sign no one.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:28 pm

Cherrington is good and needs to come off the bench for the remainder of the season. Lovett and Milone should change career now, they're not FG players now matter which way you look at it.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:19 pm

He has good potential, though makes some ordinary choices in attack / distribution.

Were my eyes deceiving me, I'm not convinced he grounded the ball for his try.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 8:43 am

I'm loving what I'm seeing from Mr. Cherrington.
Absolute future super star.

He needs to be part of our long term plan / future.

1. Tedesco

6. Moses
7. Brooks

9. Cherrington

Imagine what that spine can accomplish...
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 9:42 am

:)
jirskyr wrote:He has good potential, though makes some ordinary choices in attack / distribution.

Were my eyes deceiving me, I'm not convinced he grounded the ball for his try.
So im not alone, i didn't think he did either and i was waiting for another replay or someone from commentary to say something but everything just went quiet then they went to an add, seemed like a slight tech malfunction. I want to see it again, i never saw the ball on the ground.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:10 am

Here is a thought. Cherrington to hooker, Farah to the second row or lock with Lawrence and Marty.

If Cherrington gets tired, then Farah moves up to hooker and a reserve (Ava/Dean)? comes on.

Farah has lost his spark out of dummy half and Cherrington is great out of there. Farah is a great tackler and will stiffen up our middle.

There was no doubt that our backline looked a lot better ( except for Milone and Lovett ) when Cherrington was playing.