Martin's punch..

Geo.

Re: Martin's punch..

Post by Geo. » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 4:58 pm

I still LOVE him...but it was dumb...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:26 pm

I haven't got a problem with him acting aggressively. He is a part of a pack that including Woods are best described as pillows. Having said that it was a dog hit so a week off....6 is ridiculous Sirro, absolutely stupid.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 11:11 am

Love the guy, but it was a dog act that i don't want to see any WT player do, it was totally unnecessary and not a good look for our game, on that note what i thought was a worse look was his pretend bite attempt, what is going on in his head, he's acted this way a few times this season post scuffle i.e the finger across the throat and the cocked punch on a few occasions, it's silly and he doesn't need it in his game.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 11:15 am

TIGER wrote:Love the guy, but it was a dog act that i don't want to see any WT player do, it was totally unnecessary and not a good look for our game, on that note what i thought was a worse look was his pretend bite attempt, what is going on in his head, he's acted this way a few times this season post scuffle i.e the finger across the throat and the cocked punch on a few occasions, it's silly and he doesn't need it in his game.

FRUSTRATION....it can cloud your judgement,heat of the moment stuff like what he did is crazy,but he is still human and a very good one at that...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 11:22 am

inglis, slater and those sort of players do it whenever they get a chance at a player prone on the ground.
I have no dramas with Tapau doing it - he just has to make sure he doesn;t hit the player in the head.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 2:00 pm

stryker wrote:I haven't got a problem with him acting aggressively. He is a part of a pack that including Woods are best described as pillows. Having said that it was a dog hit so a week off....6 is ridiculous Sirro, absolutely stupid.
I reckon one week for the hit, one week for it being deliberate and 4 weeks for being a dog
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 3:05 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:
lathami wrote:Get over it 'king siro' what a name?!?
What about the swinging arm gidley gave Lawrence which didn't even give a penalty!
A sinbin your kidding, it was ugly but he was trying to knock the ball out. Is it tapaus fault that Maloneys head looks a lot like the football??
On a side note, how poor is tapau going all the talk on how good he is, and nothing since rabbits game. Again a bit of a hoax, but he should be coming on after 20min not starting!
Marty's hit was terrible and dumb, I'm actually glad he was binned and hope he gets a week or 2 then JT makes him come back via reggies to wake him up. His talk walking off etc was a joke as well. Very dumb.

For one of the more senior and a rep player it's hardly the example he should of being setting whilst we were getting thumped.

He is a myth for me, everyone talks about Brooks, Moses, Sirro etc but Marty is actually worse than all of them. He hasn't stepped up and is good for a decent game 1 in 5, he might make a good hit up or 2 but then fades right out of it. I actually think he has reached his potential as well which is saying something. With the interchange reducing next year he is a player that should be better suited off the bench rather than starting but with the limited minutes he plays how would he fit into the team. He isn't a starting NRL quality backrower/lock IMO due to his inability to play longer than 25min spurt and lack or consistency. He isn't worth a top line money contract over 350k either based on this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Yes he really is a crap International player!! To much kool-aid for you I think.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 3:37 pm

Assuming he is suspended, who will JT replace him with given he plays lock, a chance for someone in reserves or 20s to get a go or will it be Santi? Any suggestions ?

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 3:56 pm

cunno wrote:Assuming he is suspended, who will JT replace him with given he plays lock, a chance for someone in reserves or 20s to get a go or will it be Santi? Any suggestions ?
I think if Farah is back, he may well put Dene there Cunno, but who knows? Santi will probably be thereabouts. For all his purported potential, Lamar Liolevave has been a huge disappointment - I was hoping he was going to make a backrow spot his own this season.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 5:25 pm

ricksen wrote:I remember George Rose made a very similar hit on Fitzhenry back in rd 1, 2010.
Exactly the same results - teams came together for a push and shove, Rose for 10 in the bin.

Was a low move from an understandably frustrated player. As per Trent Robinson, it was unnecessary.
Trent Robinson should shut his hole. Many of his players throw the same cheap shots week after week ie: Waerea-Hargreaves, and Nuuasala in the years he played for the Roosters but old beesting head Robinson never said their behaviour was 'unnecessary'. He is trying to become a Wayne Bennett clone.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 6:43 pm

Taupau is one of those players you'd hate if he didn't play for your team.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 6:48 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Taupau is one of those players you'd hate if he didn't play for your team.
I agree with that. He's like our Klemmer/JWH.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 7:34 pm

Flippedy wrote:
cunno wrote:Assuming he is suspended, who will JT replace him with given he plays lock, a chance for someone in reserves or 20s to get a go or will it be Santi? Any suggestions ?
I think if Farah is back, he may well put Dene there Cunno, but who knows? Santi will probably be thereabouts. For all his purported potential, Lamar Liolevave has been a huge disappointment - I was hoping he was going to make a backrow spot his own this season.
Good point Flippedy, the possible return of Farah could well influence what happens. As for Lamar I have also been disappointed he is a fair lump of a lad but doesn't seem to be consistently switched on cognitively.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 9:12 pm

I'd like to see Fine get a go off the bench with Halatau starting at lock assuming Farah is fit. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Santi straight in otherwise.

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 27 Jul, 2015 5:50 am

VanillaThunder wrote:
I'd like to see Fine get a go off the bench with Halatau starting at lock assuming Farah is fit. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Santi straight in otherwise.

Like you VT I'm hoping JT gives someone else a go but I suspect he will go with the default replacements and if they are the most deserving than fair enough however if not give some new blood a chance.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 27 Jul, 2015 7:24 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Taupau is one of those players you'd hate if he didn't play for your team.
Without a doubt. Couldn't stand a bar of Hill, Hoppa and Field when they played for Manly but didn't mind them when they played for WT. Taupau started reading his own press months ago and his form has gone downhill from there, mind you he doesn't have many blokes in the pack helping him out either.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 27 Jul, 2015 3:15 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
TIGER wrote:Love the guy, but it was a dog act that i don't want to see any WT player do, it was totally unnecessary and not a good look for our game, on that note what i thought was a worse look was his pretend bite attempt, what is going on in his head, he's acted this way a few times this season post scuffle i.e the finger across the throat and the cocked punch on a few occasions, it's silly and he doesn't need it in his game.

FRUSTRATION....it can cloud your judgement,heat of the moment stuff like what he did is crazy,but he is still human and a very good one at that...
Well said TT. Things happen on the field. I wouldn't swap Kapow with anyone else. Love him.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 27 Jul, 2015 3:29 pm

king sirro wrote:
stryker wrote:I haven't got a problem with him acting aggressively. He is a part of a pack that including Woods are best described as pillows. Having said that it was a dog hit so a week off....6 is ridiculous Sirro, absolutely stupid.
I reckon one week for the hit, one week for it being deliberate and 4 weeks for being a dog
I'm sure Marty feels bad and apologised to Maloney after the game anyway. I don't mind too much since it was only Maloney , a sneaky, dirty player himself. :mrgreen: