NAIQAMA

stevetiger

Re: NAIQAMA

Post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 10:44 am

Russell wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Black Orange White wrote:He is what he always was, a mediocre-average player who should be your 4th-5th best back in a good side.
Fact is we havent got a superstar Centre or Winger
Always been average at our club
Reddy
Leilua
Lote
Ashyford

All average at best but did their jobs well.

We need a Daniel Vidott, Blake Ferguson, players who still manage to find the line our boys fail to.
Didn't see Ferguson (SOO) do anything against our no frills backline.
One claim to fame was pushing Simona in the chest - and got pushed back.
Don't need players with attitude - we need players with talent and commitment.
Ferguson was up against Simona. Simona is a gun. If we had a backline full of players at Simona's level we wouldn't be where we are at now.

If SImona had a gun winger outside of him we would have scored a lot more points throughout the season on that side.

In another thread a lot of us (me included) are stating that Tedesco is our best player. He is. I think Simona is close to if not our second best.

marzie

Post by marzie » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 11:36 am

stevetiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
Black Orange White wrote:He is what he always was, a mediocre-average player who should be your 4th-5th best back in a good side.
Reddy
Leilua
Lote
Ashyford

We need a Daniel Vidott, Blake Ferguson, players who still manage to find the line our boys fail to.
Ferguson was up against Simona. Simona is a gun. If we had a backline full of players at Simona's level we wouldn't be where we are at now.

If SImona had a gun winger outside of him we would have scored a lot more points throughout the season on that side.

In another thread a lot of us (me included) are stating that Tedesco is our best player. He is. I think Simona is close to if not our second best.
I agree. He's become so solid defensively as well.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 11:41 am

Simona spent 2 years in the NSW Cup after debuting against the Knights at Leichhardt. Now Rowe has spent a while in NSW Cup gaining confidence and refining his game. Perhaps there is something to this?

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 4:12 pm

Simona is a beast.
He & Tedesco are the mainstays of a lethal backline.
A bit more tweaking in regards to the others around them and we'll be contenders!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 27 Jul, 2015 6:55 pm

I thought he went okay and looked better in the centers then a few of the younger blokes who have played there. The Roosters have the best centre combination too. He had heart and aggression.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 27 Jul, 2015 8:08 pm

Steve - not sure if you thought I was having a go at Simona - I wasn't.

I was saying as also in another thread - how good our backline went against an almost SOO backline.

I mentioned Ferguson got back from Simona what he gave - a shove in the chest.

They did good for an average of 22 years.

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 28 Jul, 2015 6:18 am

stevetiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
Reddy
Leilua
Lote
Ashyford

Simona is a shining light, liked the way he wouldn't be intimidated by Ferguson but aside from that his attack and defence are very good and determined, hope he avoids injuries for a good while.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 28 Jul, 2015 10:07 am

If i were to take off the tiger coloured glasses i'd say Simona has been pretty average this season. A lot of injuries, poor defence and how many line breaks + tries has he actually scored? The answer? Not many. He's better than our other backs, but as we know, that's a very low standard anyway.

They're all simply too small for NRL. You can carry 1-2 small members in your backline, but not 3-4, especially with young halves and small and weak backrowers like Lovett.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 28 Jul, 2015 10:27 am

Simon should be on the wing next year.

2. Nofo
3. Fresh Prince
4. ?
5. Simona

Should look for a decent centre to come in. Not sure who's out on the market, but we should be looking for a quality strike centre along with a second rower.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Tue 28 Jul, 2015 8:38 pm

Don't need to look for a centre we have huge prospects in Watson Helata/Marion Seve both got resigned same time this year need to put our focus on a few second rowers

1.Teddy
2.Nofo
3.Kev
4. Seve/Helata
5. Simona