Timmy Simona

ricksen

Re: Timmy Simona

Post by ricksen » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:48 am

Thought he looked pretty quick on that run tbh, and I say that as someone a little concerned over his lack of pace earlier in the season. He's had several niggles with his ankles and calves this year, so happy to give him the benefit of the doubt anyway.

In general though, he's become a really good centre at NRL level. Very rarely gets outpointed these days, even by the likes of Ferguson and Hodges recently.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 2:09 pm

Reckon he has enough speed and is one classy player who is notable by his absence.
We always loose when he is unavailable.
His touches generally are all quality.
Beaten on the outside by Chambers last week came again and ankle taped him.
We need another center of his quality.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 4:32 pm

Doesnt like Traffic [prefers more freedom/open space] and has Average Reads in Defence.

He is more suited to Fullback or Wing at this level.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 4:42 pm

I have replayed that run a couple of times today and see nothing to be concerned about regarding his pace. He had a hell of a lot of work to do before getting into full stride, and then was only just caught by one of the quickest in the game.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:38 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Doesnt like Traffic [prefers more freedom/open space] and has Average Reads in Defence.

I disagree, I think he does quite well in traffic. He did a great job to create the full line break where Teddy almost scored, he's also beaten his man on a number of occasions this year without good ball - the try against the Warriors comes to mind.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 7:26 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Doesnt like Traffic [prefers more freedom/open space] and has Average Reads in Defence.

I disagree, I think he does quite well in traffic. He did a great job to create the full line break where Teddy almost scored, he's also beaten his man on a number of occasions this year without good ball - the try against the Warriors comes to mind.
Simona is great in the centres but he is equally as good on the wing.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 5:06 pm

stevetiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Simona is great in the centres but he is equally as good on the wing.
I prefer him on the wing. A great finisher.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 5:27 pm

jirskyr wrote:

I reckon he goes pretty good in traffic but is best one-on-one. Has a great quick-step which gets the defender slightly off balance, that's when he fends and goes.

Often works a treat, he can do all that in a very small space.

Re speed, he ran down Uate fairly easily.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 6:16 pm

These are the times im glad the forum doesnt coach the team.

If you take Simona out of the centres there is no one in the club better than him at this point in time who could take his place.

Who cares if he can play a bit of wing or is more suited, at the Wests Tigers he is our number one centre. End of story.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 6:35 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:These are the times im glad the forum doesnt coach the team.

If you take Simona out of the centres there is no one in the club better than him at this point in time who could take his place.

Who cares if he can play a bit of wing or is more suited, at the Wests Tigers he is our number one centre. End of story.

Here Here!! No better centre at the Tigers than Simona, full stop!!

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 6:40 pm

Simona is our best center, he is very good in attack - his quick step and acceleration are his main weapons. He is also good in defense, he matched/outplayed some of the best NRL centers e.g. Lyons, Croker etc. His best position is the one he played most of his carrier - center.
However, this forum has still not fully recovered from 'Sheens syndrom' :(
For example: ATM the best FB in NRL to center, our best center to wing, Lovett/Halatau to center :bash
close to 'the best of Sheens': 'terminator' Ryan to 2nd row, 'brick hands' Lawrence to 5/8 etc.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 9:01 pm

i think he's managed to anger all his opposition centers

chambers, ferguson, leilua all seemed to have had it in for him lol
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 9:10 pm

Very strong & skillful one on one...defense could be better, great pace...needs early ball - great player

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 4:40 am

You blokes have Tiger Syndrone... Content with players who have 2-3 good games a year, simply because they wear the Tiger Jumper.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 6:17 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:You blokes have Tiger Syndrone... Content with players who have 2-3 good games a year, simply because they wear the Tiger Jumper.
I think Simona is consistently good.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 7:08 pm

The Myth ..well at least he is putting a few games together that is a positive .

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 9:36 pm

Very good centre but injury prone. Rate him highly he is not the reason we are running near last.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 20 Aug, 2015 7:08 am

We seem to do better when he is in the team and that could mean one of two things,
1---he is a really important cog in the machine
or
2---when he is not their,his replacement or replacements are not up to scratch

I think its a bit of both