Really should have won by a lot more

TigersFan4Life

Really should have won by a lot more

Post by TigersFan4Life » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:57 am

I don't want to put a downer on the game but IMO the Tigers should have won that game by at least thirty points.

The big positive from the game was the superb defense but they blew at least three or four try scoring chances and made other errors in attack that allowed a woeful Parramatta team to stay in the game.

It disturbed me that despite the fact the Tigers had dominated they were still only leading 19-12 with ten minutes to play, and that was after Lote's acrobatic try just a couple of minutes earlier. Benji's poor goal kicking didn't help, either.

If it had been a more ruthless team such as the Storm or Dragons playing us we might not have won, and we'd be making more of those posts about what a dumb team the Tigers are.

Again, as I said, I don't want to put a downer on the win. I'm just being realistic. They should have crushed the Eels in a fashion similar to how the Dogs destroyed the Roosters. I'm hoping that in future games we'll see better execution and killer instinct from the Tigers when they have an opponent at their mercy.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:58 am

You have to recognise that ok Parra attack was a bit crap their defense is till considered one of the best in the comp.

Stop trying to pick holes!

Eye of the Tiger

Post by Eye of the Tiger » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:40 am

Also it was 5 trys to 2.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:53 am

i thought we done well enough, if only benji kicked those goals the score would of looked better for us.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 5:24 pm

Roosters missed over 50 tackles and dropped the ball every few minutes. Parra's defence was pretty good - they just had a very limited attack without Mortimer. With good kicking it should have been at least 27-12 or 29-12.

For me it was exactly the kind of win we needed at this stage of the season, do the tough stuff and let the points come naturally. Same again this weekend would suit me.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah...tell that to the blokes that had Wests Tigers 13+..........

Sorry staks.... :oops:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...