Mitch Moses

goldcoast tiger

Re: Mitch Moses

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 3:47 pm

barra wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:
VanillaThunder wrote:Good to hear Ava has had an offer at the very least. It'd be nice to have that solid piece of paper but we'll take what we can get for now.
Back on topic, not too fussed by the money Moses or Brooks are on. The salary cap is in line to go up, halves generally command the most money and if they both live up to their potential then (in two years time, mind you) they'll well and truly be worth it.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Its debatable but not comfortable with this.
A massive gamble hoping 2 young halves come good in 2 years time and paying them on hopes.

It was mentioning on Sterlings show Moses has option in 2017.
I have heard 600k but if this is not correct how much is it.

Maloney or Hodgo if on similar money would win us games on their kicking games alone.
And sadly it looks like Mosrs detracts fom Brooks game and they don't seem to compliment each other.
No NRL club shows this much faith in 2 young halves with poor kicking games when other player are available .
We should have went with one and signed an experienced player with kicking game and stuck the other in seconds.
Magic this is a sign of the times I reckon. A sign of how desperate all clubs are in regards to securing good halves, so in some degree this was a 'hands-off' to others.

Also a sign of how the players - especially young ones - seem to think these days. It seems that most good youngsters are quite ambitious, and often quite impatient as well. If they don't get shown 'the love' they don't want to hang around to wait their turn. Young fellas with all sorts of voices in their face all the time, especially their manager I would think.

It's easy to say what we shoulda/coulda in hindsight - and for what it is worth, I agree that the best option might have been to keep both, add another quality half and let one of the young guns mature in reggies. But the reality is that I doubt that was an option, both in regards to the first couple of comments, coupled with what we could afford.
Magic,
the report that I read a couple of weeks ago was that BOTH Moses, and Brooks have a $600,000 option in their favourfor 2017.
While if they both , or even one improves to the stage that they are worth that amount by the end of 2016, then that may be money well spent.

The problem however , is that if they do lift their performances to that level, then we won't be the only club that will be interested,
And it could turn into an auction, which we possibly couldn't win.

At that time , if they're playing well , but we lose them to another club( or clubs). well it's no longer money well spent, and we are back to square one, with no quality halves for 2017. After playing all this time with rookie halves

I just don't see how the club put themselves in the position where they don't have any leverage to keep them if wanted , in 2017. ( except than to up their offer. )
On the other hand, if they don't Improve over next season, they can still put out their hand for 1.2 million dollars of our cap
It's all their way

It's nice to be able to just put a blanket tag on them, that they will be great, but even though they may be, that means nothing , if another club throws even more money at them, and they go where the money is ,
I know some players will stay for less money, it happens. But these days, that is getting rarer. As far as the players themselves, it's in their own interests to earn as much as they can, while they can, and you can't blame them
I've had reservations for most of the year, but will admit that Moses has picked up his game at times over the last few weeks. The biggest worry is that when one of them plays well, the other seems to go missing a bit
Hopefully, they"l both get better and better, and if that's the case, that we can retain one or both.
This is not a shot at either Brooks or Moses themselves, but I fail to see how WTs have left themselves in such a vulnerable position , after what will be three years of persisting with a pair of young players.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 3:58 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
barra wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:
VanillaThunder wrote:Good to hear Ava has had an offer at the very least. It'd be nice to have that solid piece of paper but we'll take what we can get for now.
Back on topic, not too fussed by the money Moses or Brooks are on. The salary cap is in line to go up, halves generally command the most money and if they both live up to their potential then (in two years time, mind you) they'll well and truly be worth it.

Its debatable but not comfortable with this.
A massive gamble hoping 2 young halves come good in 2 years time and paying them on hopes.

It was mentioning on Sterlings show Moses has option in 2017.
I have heard 600k but if this is not correct how much is it.

Maloney or Hodgo if on similar money would win us games on their kicking games alone.
And sadly it looks like Mosrs detracts fom Brooks game and they don't seem to compliment each other.
No NRL club shows this much faith in 2 young halves with poor kicking games when other player are available .
We should have went with one and signed an experienced player with kicking game and stuck the other in seconds.
Magic this is a sign of the times I reckon. A sign of how desperate all clubs are in regards to securing good halves, so in some degree this was a 'hands-off' to others.

Also a sign of how the players - especially young ones - seem to think these days. It seems that most good youngsters are quite ambitious, and often quite impatient as well. If they don't get shown 'the love' they don't want to hang around to wait their turn. Young fellas with all sorts of voices in their face all the time, especially their manager I would think.

It's easy to say what we shoulda/coulda in hindsight - and for what it is worth, I agree that the best option might have been to keep both, add another quality half and let one of the young guns mature in reggies. But the reality is that I doubt that was an option, both in regards to the first couple of comments, coupled with what we could afford.
Magic,
the report that I read a couple of weeks ago was that BOTH Moses, and Brooks have a $600,000 option in their favourfor 2017.
While if they both , or even one improves to the stage that they are worth that amount by the end of 2016, then that may be money well spent.

The problem however , is that if they do lift their performances to that level, then we won't be the only club that will be interested,
And it could turn into an auction, which we possibly couldn't win.

At that time , if they're playing well , but we lose them to another club( or clubs). well it's no longer money well spent, and we are back to square one, with no quality halves for 2017. After playing all this time with rookie halves

I just don't see how the club put themselves in the position where they don't have any leverage to keep them if wanted , in 2017. ( except than to up their offer. )
On the other hand, if they don't Improve over next season, they can still put out their hand for 1.2 million dollars of our cap
It's all their way

It's nice to be able to just put a blanket tag on them, that they will be great, but even though they may be, that means nothing , if another club throws even more money at them, and they go where the money is ,
I know some players will stay for less money, it happens. But these days, that is getting rarer. As far as the players themselves, it's in their own interests to earn as much as they can, while they can, and you can't blame them
I've had reservations for most of the year, but will admit that Moses has picked up his game at times over the last few weeks. The biggest worry is that when one of them plays well, the other seems to go missing a bit
Hopefully, they"l both get better and better, and if that's the case, that we can retain one or both.
This is not a shot at either Brooks or Moses themselves, but I fail to see how WTs have left themselves in such a vulnerable position , after what will be three years of persisting with a pair of young players.
And that is why we need HT - is it not?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 4:22 pm

If it comes down to just money, Telltails, then yes, we need more money, but it makes no difference as to where it comes from. A nice fat TPA from HT would do the same job , only better , as it wouldn't come under our cap, as owner he couldn't do this. And we couldn't go over our cap, especially as the NRL are a part of the club .
However this isn't a HT post( there's one already, )

My point was that the club needs to make sure in the future that everything isn't in the players favour, especially when the reward for the club( if any) is to come at a later date, after time and money has gone into development

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 4:38 pm

Thanks for confirming that guys.

This aint good for our club. Both are not winning us games atm and like someone said when one plays well the other doesn't and if they get good they might be gone anyways.

Both are showing promise but our attack is breaking down in the halves atm causing team to be predictable and hence not wearing opponents down thats why we often don't do well SH of games.

And to think we were slow to sign teddy!

A hodgo or Maloney with their kicking game alongside one of them wpuld work wonders and improve their game.

Now we are committed but they aren't so were do we go from here?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 4:46 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Thanks for confirming that guys.

This aint good for our club. Both are not winning us games atm and like someone said when one plays well the other doesn't and if they get good they might be gone anyways.

Both are showing promise but our attack is breaking down in the halves atm causing team to be predictable and hence not wearing opponents down thats why we often don't do well SH of games.

A hodgo or Maloney with their kicking game alongside one of them wpuld work wonders and improve their game.

Just have to wait and hope.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 7:04 pm

sparro wrote:You're 100% wrong Milky Moses and Sirro both will receive 600k 2017 plus THEY have the option to stay.....I know its hard to believe .Ive never heard of such contracts given to Rookies...Why do u think they sacked Grant Meyer....He got them into this salary cap mess...Why u think they wont drop Moses back to NSW Cup....cause they're paying him a fortune......The West Board left to sort out this mess....
Absolutely do not believe those figures.

660k for both of them, maybe

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 7:27 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Thanks for confirming that guys.

Mitchell ain't gonna go anywhere - he is a true Wests Tiger, I suspect Luke is as well.

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 7:30 pm

I still think the figures tossed up are false sorry, Brooks has no manager, nor does Moses. When Brooks came off contract he asked his dad to get him a decent deal, he wants to stay at tigers and not go anywhere else. I doubt tigers would have came out and given them 600k each, maybe between the two yes.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 7:41 pm

Milky wrote:I still think the figures tossed up are false sorry, Brooks has no manager, nor does Moses. When Brooks came off contract he asked his dad to get him a decent deal, he wants to stay at tigers and not go anywhere else. I doubt tigers would have came out and given them 600k each, maybe between the two yes.
I think you are on the money Milky - not them.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 7:54 pm

Milky wrote:I still think the figures tossed up are false sorry, Brooks has no manager, nor does Moses. When Brooks came off contract he asked his dad to get him a decent deal, he wants to stay at tigers and not go anywhere else. I doubt tigers would have came out and given them 600k each, maybe between the two yes.

Moses and Brooks appear very loyal to WTs and more importantly to their team mates. I find it hard to believe some of our supporters immediately believe these young men would be disloyal to a club which has nutured them from a young age via the mighty Balmain Tigers.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 8:23 pm

Milky wrote:I still think the figures tossed up are false sorry
Yep. No proof whatsoever with those figures.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 8:58 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Milky wrote:I still think the figures tossed up are false sorry
Yep. No proof whatsoever with those figures.
Agree 100%

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 9:48 pm

Russell wrote:
sparro wrote:You're 100% wrong Milky Moses and Sirro both will receive 600k 2017 plus THEY have the option to stay.....I know its hard to believe .Ive never heard of such contracts given to Rookies...Why do u think they sacked Grant Meyer....He got them into this salary cap mess...Why u think they wont drop Moses back to NSW Cup....cause they're paying him a fortune......The West Board left to sort out this mess....

Russ, it was in the same report from Marina Go when she was talking about the three yrs salary cap mess. And stated by the journo who wrote the story, and it stated that the option is in their favour.
And it was on one of the football segments on Brisbane radio about a week later.and as others have said on fox, Seeing it was part of the article that Marina was in, I would imagine that if it was wrong, that at some time she would have made sure it was retracted or denied. As they have lately backed away from some of what she said about not being able to buy players.
At no time on the two occasions was Sironens or anyone else's name mentioned.
That's the figures that were used, so if you haven't seen or heard it how do you know that it's wrong. . I'm just telling you what was said, as are others that saw it on Fox

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 10:01 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:

Moses and Brooks appear very loyal to WTs and more importantly to their team mates. I find it hard to believe some of our supporters immediately believe these young men would be disloyal to a club which has nutured them from a young age via the mighty Balmain Tigers.
Paws once again you jump to conclusions, I at no stage mentioned anything about the kids being disloyal to the WTs, it was about the contracts if those reports were true,and the possible ramifications if those facts were right( and as I said , I've seen no retractions or denials anywhere about them.
And why would you think that It would be disloyal for them to look elsewhere if they had the chance at that time. ?
They have a finite time to make as much as they can from the game, and as long as they have fulfilled their end of their contract , they like any players, have to do what's best for them, and get as much as they can, while they can.
Clubs show little loyalty to players, once they no longer want someone, So players have to look at their own future. No one else will
But if you have seen a denial of those reports , please tell us where.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Tue 18 Aug, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 11:23 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:

Russ, it was in the same report from Marina Go when she was talking about the three yrs salary cap mess. And stated by the journo who wrote the story, and it stated that the option is in their favour.
And it was on one of the football segments on Brisbane radio about a week later.and as others have said on fox, Seeing it was part of the article that Marina was involved in, I would imagine that if it was wrong, that at some time she would have made sure it was retracted or denied. As they have lately backed away from some of what she said about not being able to buy players.
At no time on the two occasions was Sironens or anyone else's name mentioned.
That's the figures that were used, so if you haven't seen or heard it how do you know that it's wrong. . I'm just telling you what was said, as are others that saw it reported on Fox

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 11:35 pm

Apology!!
Sorry, I had the wrong article, however the content was correct. It was actually in a post started by Ricksen on the 25 July.

"SMH article, Wests Tigers adamant they are on track for top four finish in 2017"
As I'm almost computer illiterate , I don't know how to put a link, but it's in Ricksens post, for anyone who wishes to read it.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Tue 18 Aug, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 7:46 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:

Paws once again you jump to conclusions, I at no stage mentioned anything about the kids being disloyal to the WTs, it was about the contracts if those reports were true,and the possible ramifications if those facts were right( and as I said , I've seen no retractions or denials anywhere about them.
And why would you think that they would be disloyal to look elsewhere if they had the chance at that time.
They have a finite time to make as much as they can from the game, and as long as they have fulfilled their end of their contract , they like any players, have to do what's best for them, clubs show little loyalty once they don't want someone, players have to look at their future. No one else will
But if you have seen a denial of those reports , please tell us where.
You are the one claiming to have facts, you prove him wrong with your "reports", not having a dig but i am intersested.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 10:15 am

I too saw this report somewhere recently and was shocked.
What's Marty and teddy worth then?
What about the friction this will cause from others knowing theres no money left for them?
Good young players but have major reservations about them ever being good enough to organize team.

With these numbers they will be loyal because nobody else will offer more.