Fitzy - what the??

jirskyr

Re: Fitzy - what the??

Post by jirskyr » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 11:56 am

Allan Towle wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:
jirskyr wrote:It just seems we don't need the 4th benchie at the moment. Sounds stupid, but it doesn't seem to have mattered whether it was Fitzy or Mataka or Moors, we just didn't need an extra rotation.

The team finished firing on all cylinders today, it proves we weren't in need of another sub.
just because some players play 80 minutes doesnt mean they should, you cant go wrong with having an extra forward on the bench
Which means if we did lose someone like Ellis or Heighington, or both; we would be in a lot of trouble.
I don't disagree. All I am saying is if Moors was on the bench yesterday, he probably would have only been given 5 minutes. The bulk of our forward pack can play 60+ minutes so it seems Sheens is happy to use the last slot as backs coverage.

Personally I think Fulton and Flanagan are more than adequate backs coverage. But with the team's fitness and strong finishing benchie #4 won't get much game time. Heck benchie #3 yesterday got, what, 10 minutes?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 3:22 pm

IMO we would be in much bigger trouble if a forward went down injured than if the same thing happened to a back.

For that reason alone I want four forwards on the bench.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Tue 06 Apr, 2010 1:15 am

benjibrotown wrote:I think the reason why he doesnt put Tamuata on the bench is because he doesnt want him only playing 3 minutes of football per week. Arana is only a young bloke and having him playing absoloutly no footy every week would be silly.
This is the answer. Fitzy is out there in case something happens to one of the backs. So, the goal is that he doesn't play, because none of the backs breaks down. Fitzy is perfect for this role because he isn't a developing player who needs to play each week. If Fitzy sits there all season it doesn't matter. If Taumata or Lazarus sat there all year it would be a disaster for them.

And, we don't have the time for another forward, Liam, Robbie and Gareth at least should play 80 minutes. Heighno can play 80 if needed. Fifita and Flanagan don't get enough time as it is, let alone rotating Moors or someone in there as well. We only need 16 players.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Footy Head Goodness

Post by Footy Head Goodness » Tue 06 Apr, 2010 8:16 am

Sheens had yet another shocker.....if we lost he would be slaughtered on the forum even more so. Luckily we won, despite using 15 1/2 men.