The Moltzen March continues!

X-Pac

Re: The Moltzen March continues!

Post by X-Pac » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 10:20 pm

KingOvKingz09 wrote:... moltz has proved himself time & time again...
why do you people not want him in 7 ? ....
read the posts

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 10:32 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
mtd wrote:moltzen is a gun. i dont think enough credit has been given to him as a result of our wins. his direction and ability with the ball is 2nd to none. if he keeps this up he should seriously be considered for nsw.
As a Queenslander, I hope they pick Tim Moltzen

LMAO!!!!! :wahoo:
you say that now chief you say that now...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 11:44 pm

Geo. wrote:Geez we won.....

Moltzen in 7 will do me.....Until Thurston's available
Why do you want Thurston? Last week you said Moltz will be the Australian halfback.

Ron, you keep focusing on Moltz 1 try assist. That was in the last 10 seconds of the game. Surely Moltz did more than that for you to trumpet given that he had such a good game. Once you take that assist away, his stats dont look nearly as impressive.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 11:57 pm

Moltzen was ok today, far from great and didn't have a great influence on the game. Farah and Benji were the two playmakers who really got stuck into Canberra in the second half. I like Moltzen in the halves and he'll certainly stay there for the time being but I hope he starts to come into his own over the next few weeks. Benji has talked him up no end this season and I'd really like to see him own that right hand side of the field. He's certainly got room for improvement.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 12:01 am

willow wrote:Moltzen was ok today, far from great and didn't have a great influence on the game. Farah and Benji were the two playmakers who really got stuck into Canberra in the second half. I like Moltzen in the halves and he'll certainly stay there for the time being but I hope he starts to come into his own over the next few weeks. Benji has talked him up no end this season and I'd really like to see him own that right hand side of the field. He's certainly got room for improvement.

Thats a fair call and echoes my thoughts albeit in a more moderate tone.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 1:26 am

Moltzen doesn't have to control the game. He does not have to dominate. With Benji and Robbie you have the most dominating 6 and 9 in the game. They demand the ball and they are getting better at organising the football team.Moltzen just has to provide an option and be controlled and capable.

I really believe he is a better fit then Lui. Counting against Lui in my opinion are a couple of things which might seem a little dubious, but are valid points. The first being Ryan is looking very solid and reliable at fullback, where as Moltzen was all over the shop. The second being Marshall and Moltzen live together, they obviously have a strong bond and these little things count in building an understanding and combination.

I am far from sold on Moltzen as a halfback. However with the dynamics of his team he is a far better option then Lui at this moment. Lui will be a better half and may be already. However this season i would much rather our combination stay the same. For mine, the results do speak for themselves.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 6:49 am

Eddie wrote:Moltzen doesn't have to control the game. He does not have to dominate. With Benji and Robbie you have the most dominating 6 and 9 in the game. They demand the ball and they are getting better at organising the football team.Moltzen just has to provide an option and be controlled and capable.

I really believe he is a better fit then Lui. Counting against Lui in my opinion are a couple of things which might seem a little dubious, but are valid points. The first being Ryan is looking very solid and reliable at fullback, where as Moltzen was all over the shop. The second being Marshall and Moltzen live together, they obviously have a strong bond and these little things count in building an understanding and combination.

I am far from sold on Moltzen as a halfback. However with the dynamics of his team he is a far better option then Lui at this moment. Lui will be a better half and may be already. However this season i would much rather our combination stay the same. For mine, the results do speak for themselves.
All very valid points and references Eddie. Well said!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 6:50 am

not only do we seem to be winning with moltzen at half back, how dangerous was he with ball in hand?

i was at the game and every time he had the ball we either mad a half or clean break.

his kicking was alright, but benji and robbie seem to be taking care of general play kicking anyway
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 7:03 am

I agree with the above 3 observations. I see some positives in Moltzens game at 7 but they really evolve more around Benji and Robbie. This combination has an element of confidence to it. I see Benji not gettin involved as much, I see Benji standing as a wider/deeper 2nd reciever and I see Robbie taking quicker passes out of dummy half rather than doing his usual step up and pass closer to the line. With Benji's involvement being more quality, it is also allowing Robbie to pick when he will take his runs or kicks.

Now Mr Moltzen appears to have a link where all this works and we are looking very dangerous. I'd like to see Molz take more of the 5th tackle options and more importantly, work the reset. And I'd like to see Moltz work the forwards up the field either side of himself and the ruck. This will allow Benji more quality time to see our other strike weapons involved more.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 9:03 am

southerntiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Geez we won.....

Moltzen in 7 will do me.....Until Thurston's available
Why do you want Thurston? Last week you said Moltz will be the Australian halfback.

Ron, you keep focusing on Moltz 1 try assist. That was in the last 10 seconds of the game. Surely Moltz did more than that for you to trumpet given that he had such a good game. Once you take that assist away, his stats dont look nearly as impressive.
Cause I rate Moltz just below him...

Whose the Australian Halfback incumbent...

We will see when they go head to head this week.....can't wait.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 9:11 am

Moltzen will never play representative football at 7. If he could play his natural position of 5/8 then maybe he would break into rep footy down the track, but i cant see him doing it as a halfback. He just doesnt play that normal halfbacks game.

He really went missing yesterday, i was a bit disapointed. When he did have the ball, you could see the class he has, but at one point in the 2nd half i thought to myself, where the bloody hell is Moltzen? I think we can blame Farah for that a bit as Robbie really took over everything and was at first reciever a hell of a lot. Too much think.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 9:31 pm

When Moltzen wants the ball, he gets it. I think that speaks volumes.

Lets remember Cooper Cronk wasn't anything special when he was first playing in the 7 for Melbourne. Where as Moltzen's impressed from the outset. He can only improve.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 06 Apr, 2010 8:34 am

ron burgandy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:he got those playing up in the line as a half back, you do watch the games right?
Ron, you have it wrong again. He got those playing Fullback, chiming in at 2nd /3rd reciever.

This is whats expected from Fullbacks in todays game.

Dont point the finger at people to having agenda's, when its obvious YOU have a Moltzen agenda!!!

nah im pretty sure the one for ayshford v manly he was playing as a half, maybe you should watch the game again, lui wasnt doing the job required and moltz took over on that right hand side

and my agenda is going with the tried and proven, moltzen is this, lui and lazarus arent and i wanna see the tigers in finals footy again

if you love moltzen,then that is fine.good to see players getting supported.
alot of people do.
i like the chemistry that benji and moltzen have.i value that alot.
and yes,right now he should be starting in the halves.
what lui has to do with this thread i do not know.

but when it comes to facts,it is time for you to pull your head in.
you telling people to watch the game is a joke.
lui was the halfback he received the ball from against manly for the ayshford try.
lui was the one who put moltzen away for the 60m break earlier in the game.
the other positive play moltzen had was on the left side and was a classic wests tigers inside ruck ball involving the FULLBACK.

moltzen wasn't great on the weekend.
2 times moltzen threw a ball that resulted in a turnover and canberra points the set after.
moltzen got lucky when he rushed out of the line and came up with nothing when they threw it over the sideline .
going by your logic of lui and moltzen after the manly game,moltzen wasn't getting the job done on the right side considering farah stayed in the backline for the 100m try and benji set up the 2nd fulton try.

these moltzen threads are getting as silly as the good old fwo threads.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 06 Apr, 2010 8:42 am

sense as always bon....chemistry I like it...

I might just start a MWO for good measure.....

Moltzen World Order......members welcome....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

domster

Post by domster » Tue 06 Apr, 2010 8:51 am

Last weekend was not Moltzens best game by any means - seemed fairly quiet. But if it is not broken (we have never lost a game with him in the halves), why try to fix it?

alien

Post by alien » Tue 06 Apr, 2010 7:48 pm

southerntiger wrote:No you can only count games when Tim was in the 7 right?
Rubbish. He played halfback in that game against the Cowboys and played very well. That was the game he made a dummy and ran right through and scored a try. He was at first receiver.