Who cheated and turned on the radio?

TheDen

Re: Who cheated and turned on the radio?

Post by TheDen » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:26 pm

Had Manly 1-12 into Tigers 1-12 so spewing about the last try

BRET

Post by BRET » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 12:01 pm

Silly me wasted time by being on facebook from 3pm ( I did avoid the forum though) - big mistake! I saw people venting on facebook about how poor we were playing. I was not happy about those spoilers!
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 12:03 pm

Typical over-reaction.

Looked like utter spastics after the game I am assuming

BRET

Post by BRET » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 12:16 pm

Yep I am sure they were made to eat their words.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 12:35 pm

Why?
At the time I'm sure they were right, we were hopeless.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 3:04 pm

If we were playing a quality side I would have checked the score, but not against canberra. Like us, you can never call them home with minutes left on the clock.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 3:13 pm

9 games are terrible. Should all be live. Pathetic in 2010 that we don't get all the games live, it's ridiculous.

domster9

Post by domster9 » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 6:14 pm

I cheated after 15 minutes - thought we were going to get smashed.

Novocastrian Tiger

Post by Novocastrian Tiger » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 10:20 pm

If I'm watching the game on delayed TV, I never check the score (or even answer my mobile - text or call).

Yes it may hurt even more not knowing the score and watching us losing on TV, but it makes it even more pleasurable when we are winning. The high highs outrank to low lows.
It starts and ends with the Tiger!

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Tue 06 Apr, 2010 12:40 pm

Poor form guys. This suprises me big time. You have to ride the emotion of games to enjoy it for what it was. Especially when the Tigers are renowned for thrillers.

I've been known to listen to the radio for the first set or 2, but then its lockdown mode. No radios, no phone calls, the missus isn't even allowed to answer the phone and she has to check that the radio is off in the car before I jump in.

Never give up people. Dont walk away from losing game if its your team. Hopefully the players have taught you all a lesson with the Manly and Canberra games this year. Be mentally tough. Stick in. That game was always going to turn in our favour in the second half. I was confident anyway.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Tue 06 Apr, 2010 12:44 pm

Yeah what about living in QLD. They always play a QLD team at 7.30, so unless the Tigers are playing a QLD side, I have to wait for the 2nd game for Tigers friday night football. The adds are ridiculous. This means the second game finishes after 11pm. Thats great for kids eh. Wack one on Thursday night I reckon.
tigh wrote:Never. Unless I'm out and can't watch it - I never listen to the radio or check the score if we have a delayed TV game. I turn te mobile off, and put the home phone off the hook.

FWIW - the Ch9 delayed telecast coverage is so poor and filled with adds it almost makes it impossible to watch. The 2nd Friday night game is even worse than the Sunday game. I have to mentally prepare myself before the match to expect adds every 5 minutes - it's a bloody disgrace!