Ben Barba flop

Mighty Tiger

Ben Barba flop

Post by Mighty Tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 10:36 pm

So watched the game a few times and something that Incan't believe hasnt been spoken about is the Barba voluntary tackle which was allowed play on.

Not saying we would of scored and sure decisions come and go but that was one of the worst voluntary tackles I have seen not given.

Maybe I have my Tigers glasses on

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 10:46 pm

They scored off the same set too, nothing we can do now.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 10:52 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:So watched the game a few times and something that Incan't believe hasnt been spoken about is the Barba voluntary tackle which was allowed play on.

Not saying we would of scored and sure decisions come and go but that was one of the worst voluntary tackles I have seen not given.

Maybe I have my Tigers glasses on
Yes we blew up too - a rule that is no longer penalised it seems.

krayola

Post by krayola » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 12:30 am

An absolute joke of a call. We called his bluff on that one and should have won a penalty. Cannot believe a professional referee would not call that. Barba was one the ground like 5 seconds. You could see the desperation in his eyes. And to rule a tackle because HE grabbed OUR player is a joke. I can understand getting complex, marginal calls wrong. But imo the refs open themselves to criticism because of the number of obvious calls like this that they miss.
One of my sources is Pascoe

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 5:50 am

Hasnt been spoken about as everyone has come to accept the refs are incompetent useless fools

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 5:59 am

Whats worse was the fact that even the commentors turned it into a joke. All Greg Alxander had to say about it was " I would have dived to the ground as well" referring to our chasers coming in so fast. No other comment at all.
Better of just getting ride of the rule altogether.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 6:14 am

That stat would have been racked up in barba's tackle count I suppose.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 6:46 am

Voluntary tackles havent been penalised for years. While its a rule that stll exists, its one of those rules that are not enforced. I dont blame the referees on the day, they were following he status quo. I blame people higher up.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 7:07 am

could they have dive bombed him because he was not held?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 7:33 am

I don't have a problem with it. It's not like it's a huge blight on the game or why we lost.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 8:55 am

What's worse is it's hard to clobber a voluntary tackle without giving away a penalty. The obvious way is to go in with a swinging arm, which you can't, similarly no elbows or knees.

Can you just land onto a players back with your bum, like bombing into a pool? Or jump as high as you can in the air and come down on them with the side of your arm. Or try to lift them in one smooth motion grabbing the shirt, fling them backwards.

Something, there needs to be some kind of real or physical penalty for diving like a dog. Even when Simona went low the other week, at least he kept crawling forward on his hands and knees trying to gain yardage.

Barba is a diver deluxe, best there is. I'd back him in the trenches.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 8:59 am

jirskyr wrote:What's worse is it's hard to clobber a voluntary tackle without giving away a penalty. The obvious way is to go in with a swinging arm, which you can't, similarly no elbows or knees.

Can you just land onto a players back with your bum, like bombing into a pool? Or jump as high as you can in the air and come down on them with the side of your arm. Or try to lift them in one smooth motion grabbing the shirt, fling them backwards.

Something, there needs to be some kind of real or physical penalty for diving like a dog. Even when Simona went low the other week, at least he kept crawling forward on his hands and knees trying to gain yardage.

Barba is a diver deluxe, best there is. I'd back him in the trenches.
WWE style...?

The whole problem is the introduction of the Surrender Tackle...you see it when players drop straight to the ground when defusing kicks from the in-goal..Was was Barba did any different ..yes but pfffft..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 9:18 am

40 plus years of watching the game, I've never in my life seen a voluntary tackle penalised. Has anybody out there ever seen one? Couldn't imagine so.

I never listen to Rabbits commentating now thanks to Fox, but I can imagine the hysterics he must have been in.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 9:36 am

wd in perth wrote:40 plus years of watching the game, I've never in my life seen a voluntary tackle penalised. Has anybody out there ever seen one? Couldn't imagine so.

I never listen to Rabbits commentating now thanks to Fox, but I can imagine the hysterics he must have been in.
Thank God, for small mercies... Not having to listen to Rabbs... How good is it. :D

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 1:51 pm

A marker diving on the ball in the ruck is deemed to be guilty of a "voluntary tackle" and Mitch Moses was penalised for this a couple of weeks ago. The Barba one was a blatant voluntary tackle. The rules and their interpretation are a joke.

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 3:19 pm

Absolute joke. If that wasn't a voluntary tackle I live on Mars

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 4:27 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:could they have dive bombed him because he was not held?
You can complete the tackle, however you wouldn't want to go over the top otherwise the refs would penalise you as they are quick these days to rule against anyone that even looks like doing something a little "rough"

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 6:23 pm

sideline eye wrote:A marker diving on the ball in the ruck is deemed to be guilty of a "voluntary tackle" and Mitch Moses was penalised for this a couple of weeks ago. The Barba one was a blatant voluntary tackle. The rules and their interpretation are a joke.
First I've ever heard of that. It's always called offside.