Ballin

WestsSupporter

Re: Ballin

Post by WestsSupporter » Tue 24 May, 2016 4:55 pm

Yep let's get Liddle on a longterm contract and **** our salary cap like we did with every other hyped up player coming through.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 24 May, 2016 5:11 pm

Harvey wrote:Liddle is so far beyond 20's standard it is unbelievable. He should be blooded in 1st grade before end of year
You may be right, but I hope that doesn't have the same results of him spending three or four years of keeping some less hyped, possibly better players out of the hooker position, like it's done in in a couple of positions over the last few years.
I'm starting to get very wary of these so called next best things that come out of the lower grades.
Some survive on a couple of flashes of form , Along with a lot of nothing.
Weren't we saying all this about Cherrington last year.
That went a long way.
The sooner we get a proper reserve grade , the better
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Tue 24 May, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 24 May, 2016 6:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:Was it friendly fire ??

They didn't replay it , but that's what it looked like
No mate, just caught the hip of the big young Knights fella he went in to tackle.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Tue 24 May, 2016 6:36 pm

ET IS NOT THE MESSIAH! (And he isnt even a very naughty boy)

Hes been here a week or two and some are suggesting him at 9? Take a breath and let him find his place at 13 and settle in. He will do far more good on the edges looking after the young kids than he would at 9.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 24 May, 2016 7:35 pm

Swordy wrote:ET IS NOT THE MESSIAH! (And he isnt even a very naughty boy)

Hes been here a week or two and some are suggesting him at 9? Take a breath and let him find his place at 13 and settle in. He will do far more good on the edges looking after the young kids than he would at 9.
13 Is the go for ET I get the feeling this is exactly what is required for the halves it showed last week after only 2 games.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 24 May, 2016 7:38 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Harvey wrote:Liddle is so far beyond 20's standard it is unbelievable. He should be blooded in 1st grade before end of year
You may be right, but I hope that doesn't have the same results of him spending three or fours of keeping some less hyped, better players out of the hooker position, like it's done in in a couple of positions over the last few years.
I'm starting to get very wary of these so called next best things that come out of the lower grades.
Some survive on a couple of flashes of form , Along with a lot of nothing.
That went a long way.
The hast of throwing young undeveloped bodies to the wolves has to stop ...Liddle is an NRL player lets not destroy him before his body is ready.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 24 May, 2016 7:41 pm

ET is pretty close to a messiah though isn't he. He is exactly the type of player that we need.

I think he should play up the middle though as he has been. He definitely shouldn't be at 9 unless it's desperately required.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 24 May, 2016 7:50 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
You may be right, but I hope that doesn't have the effect of him spending three or four years of keeping some less hyped, possibly better players , out of the his position, like it's done in in a couple of positions over the last few years.
Some survive on a couple of flashes of form , Along with not a lot more
That went a long way.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 24 May, 2016 7:53 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
You may be right, but I hope that doesn't have the effect of him spending three or four years of keeping some less hyped, possibly better players , out of the his position, like it's done in in a couple of positions over the last few years.
That went a long way.
We have, Halatau!

Post by 851 » Tue 24 May, 2016 8:07 pm

Harvey wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
That went a long way.
We have, Halatau!
True, and he should be in reserve grade
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 25 May, 2016 6:11 am

Harvey wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
That went a long way.
We have, Halatau!
That's true!