That was painful!!!!!

trumper

Re: That was painful!!!!!

Post by trumper » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 2:25 am

If one takes the approach that JT is an idiot, then the case is closed on the players playing out of position - and the case will remain open on the other matters currently pending.

If, however, there's some strategic reason it could be preparing Rankin to share the hooking duties with Halatau in the "easy" games, allowing Addo-Carr in for the run home?

trumper

Post by trumper » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 2:32 am

Perhaps giving meaning to the idea of carrying a half at winger all year

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 5:47 am

LCA wrote:
innsaneink wrote:How will you know if your right?
You can prove a point by using "ifs"

That's OK... You stay dull and unexcited when the rest of us enjoy our fight for the top 8
"The rest of us"? How do you arrogantly assume you're (note the spelling, will you??) representing all bar me?
Ooooohhh....a typo...thats important, very very important.

Im sure a loss isnt far away.
I arrogantly and natually assume most of us are enjoying the recent spate of wins.
You however, seem the opposite
Will you be leading the charge of "I told you so" posts the moment we lose?

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 11:35 am

TrueTiger wrote:Maxxy and the Farah loyalists seem to forget that one day very soon this club and team won't have Farah anymore....can't wait myself...however if none of you can see the developement and maturity starting to show from these young players after some extreme pressure over the last couple of seasons,then you have absolutely no understanding of NRL and its playing structures..
When Brooks and Moses were thrown into the deep end they were playing blind and if you don't think JT has had anything to do with their better performances then think again,,,get off the JT hate train and step into reality,he is doing a good job even though the LEGEND is trying to undermine him as he has done previously when he doesn't get his way...at least JT has had the guts to make the big calls and take the blame fully on his own shoulders..this team worked hard against the Eels and full credit to them for getting the win....it was great and they will improve further....celebrate the win and get rid of the negativity,itwillcause you no end of grief..
So True Tiger do you have any confidence in playing the premiers with a team with only 1 Natural half with only 1 general play kicker with a part time hooker who's retiring at seasons end who is very one dimensional and a winger who's a former halves relieving our part time hooker. To add to that do you want to see Kyle Lovett playing centre or wing again.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 11:54 am

LCA wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Haters will always be haters.
You should know.

I do. You are one of the biggest haters on this forum. Why you follow this team is a mystery. Grow up.

:crazy

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 1:33 pm

I don't care which side of the 'JT Vs Farrah' fence that you're on... anyone who can't see that continuing with the dummy half farce and the player reshuffle that was exposed in the second half against the Eels, is suicide, is kidding themselves.

Stop screwing with players out of position and leave Lawrence at second row, put JAC on the wing instead of Rankin, bring a dummy half onto the bench instead of Lovett.

Brooks will be out for 3-4 games at least, so we need to work with a solid spine not a makeshift week by week proposition. I think Littlejohn at 5/8 and Moses to 1/2 is the best option and work with this over the next month.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 3:45 pm

innsaneink wrote:Hahaha...

So "wobbie" is anti Farah/pro taylor
But "scarecrow" is a valid point... To prove this you provide speculation.
Can't you see the hypocrisy here?

We won ugly, they gained momentum just before half time, we lost a half back.... We weathered the storm in the second forty.. But yes it's always that crap opposition... The same opposition all the other teams play.

We get them without key players?
A bit of luck our way... Injuries are always part of the game.... But keep putting conditions on our wins.

Its almost like an element here can't wait until we lose... I can predict a flood of justification posts when we do lose eventually
Well there's been plenty of posts over the last two weeks trumpeting that Taylor debacle has been justified.,
Farah should be in the team,
The time for experimenting with Littlejohn has passed. We need our best players on.

We aren't playing half strength teams and basket case teams Anymore this season

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 3:52 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:We aren't playing half strength teams and basket case teams Anymore this season
If they beat a Thurston-less team this Sunday, there will be more performance disclaimers on this forum than a 1,000,000 financial plans.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 4:02 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:We aren't playing half strength teams and basket case teams Anymore this season
If they beat a Thurston-less team this Sunday, there will be more performance disclaimers on this forum than a 1,000,000 financial plans.
Were are going to improve a hell of a lot to beat them, we won't be able to play in patches from now on, and they'll be loving it if rankin is playing again

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 02 Aug, 2016 8:51 pm

I ve watched a hell of a lot more painful games than that!

As for the Robbie situation. Robbie has been one of my all time favorite Tigers (probably number 1 since the merge), however I think it is time to move on.

I don't think Robbie's skills suits our style, said so after round 2 before the drama on that alone isn't enough to not pick him.

But sadly Robbie has been here too long, he loves the place and sees it as his team and as such is finding it very hard to hand over to generation next. Understandably he has been the man for so long.

Our next crack at a comp will be without Robbie, unfortunately the harsh reality in modern sport we have to move our stars on in less than fairy tale circumstances.

JT is simply taking that step to pass on to the next generation now, in the long term they will be better for the experience.
We are not going to win this year under any circumstances, so playing Robbie and maybe winning an extra game this year won't make much difference, but giving the next generation the team now may fast track their development and bring on future success.

LCA

Post by LCA » Wed 03 Aug, 2016 6:55 pm

innsaneink wrote:
LCA wrote:
innsaneink wrote:How will you know if your right?
You can prove a point by using "ifs"

That's OK... You stay dull and unexcited when the rest of us enjoy our fight for the top 8
"The rest of us"? How do you arrogantly assume you're (note the spelling, will you??) representing all bar me?
Ooooohhh....a typo...thats important, very very important.

Im sure a loss isnt far away.
I arrogantly and natually assume most of us are enjoying the recent spate of wins.
You however, seem the opposite
Will you be leading the charge of "I told you so" posts the moment we lose?
The recent "spate of wins" is great. I object to you, and others, attributing it to the fact that Farah wasn't playing. That is ridiculous.