Farah on the Bench

tigers2005

Re: Farah on the Bench

Post by tigers2005 » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 11:23 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Of course he will get his fullmoney, but not if WTs get their way.
Luckily they picked the wrong bloke to try this on. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that Farah
Will call their bluff. After all it's his decision as to what he does.
Seriously, do you have any idea how contracts work? Do you know how many players in the comp atm would have some of their salary being paid by a former club? It's common practice. For you to think Wests are doing something evil by attempting to negotiate terms with another club to ease cap pressures shows either you have a very simplistic view of how how the cap works, or you are so embittered by the way the club has treated Farah, you expect every cent should come from them, no matter how financially crippling it may be. Either way, its madness.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but when we first signed Todd Payten, he was being paid by 3 clubs in his first season with us. Canberra, Roosters and us were all chipping in. And i'm pretty sure we paid some of Blair'is salary last yr in his first yr at the Broncos. By your logic we should have footed his entire salary for 2015.
Has this even been confirmed by the Tigers or Farah. Or are you getting your knickers in a knot for no reason.
And there we have it - the useless response that keeps the merry-go-round on this discussion ongoing. The basics of contract law and the precedents of 100's of other players in the NRL in similar payment situations all thrown away because there is no official statement from the club or Farah.
The issue thats being tossed up is that Farah wants his pay out from the tigers up front, which i just said i dont think he is entitled too. However my question was is this the real reason things are being stalled. Because unless you live under a rock there have been atleast 2 or 3 articles a week written about this saga since it started. Most of it from un -named sources or "close friends", so in actual fact BS. So what makes this article any different. Or are you upset you wrote more than one paragraph and no one acknowledged you lol. Weird....

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 11:25 am

tigers2005 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: Seriously, do you have any idea how contracts work? Do you know how many players in the comp atm would have some of their salary being paid by a former club? It's common practice. For you to think Wests are doing something evil by attempting to negotiate terms with another club to ease cap pressures shows either you have a very simplistic view of how how the cap works, or you are so embittered by the way the club has treated Farah, you expect every cent should come from them, no matter how financially crippling it may be. Either way, its madness.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but when we first signed Todd Payten, he was being paid by 3 clubs in his first season with us. Canberra, Roosters and us were all chipping in. And i'm pretty sure we paid some of Blair'is salary last yr in his first yr at the Broncos. By your logic we should have footed his entire salary for 2015.
Has this even been confirmed by the Tigers or Farah. Or are you getting your knickers in a knot for no reason.
Has what been confirmed?
That the stalling of this saga is because he wants a full pay out on what he is owed up front. Because just as he has a right to get what he is owed, i dont think him or any player can demand for it to be paid up front.
Not even Farah's biggest critic will deny he's not entitled to every cent of the 950 he's owed. Its a ridiculous argument that has been peddled by some on here for 12 months. There's no legs to anyone saying otherwise.

Im not saying Farah is demanding one, despite a close associate of his and Ayoub's, Weidler tweeting that it was being discussed.

My only real issue is when people claim that Wests attempting to negotiate with another club to ease pressure on their cap is evil when its a frequent occurrence among all clubs.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 11:29 am

tigers2005 wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: Seriously, do you have any idea how contracts work? Do you know how many players in the comp atm would have some of their salary being paid by a former club? It's common practice. For you to think Wests are doing something evil by attempting to negotiate terms with another club to ease cap pressures shows either you have a very simplistic view of how how the cap works, or you are so embittered by the way the club has treated Farah, you expect every cent should come from them, no matter how financially crippling it may be. Either way, its madness.

And there we have it - the useless response that keeps the merry-go-round on this discussion ongoing. The basics of contract law and the precedents of 100's of other players in the NRL in similar payment situations all thrown away because there is no official statement from the club or Farah.
The issue thats being tossed up is that Farah wants his pay out from the tigers up front, which i just said i dont think he is entitled too. However my question was is this the real reason things are being stalled. Because unless you live under a rock there have been atleast 2 or 3 articles a week written about this saga since it started. Most of it from un -named sources or "close friends", so in actual fact BS. So what makes this article any different. Or are you upset you wrote more than one paragraph and no one acknowledged you lol. Weird....
Its not the article, its the fact there are some that endorse it and believe the club should pay him out in full. It's unprecedented

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 11:57 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
Has what been confirmed?
That the stalling of this saga is because he wants a full pay out on what he is owed up front. Because just as he has a right to get what he is owed, i dont think him or any player can demand for it to be paid up front.
Not even Farah's biggest critic will deny he's not entitled to every cent of the 950 he's owed. Its a ridiculous argument that has been peddled by some on here for 12 months. There's no legs to anyone saying otherwise.

Im not saying Farah is demanding one, despite a close associate of his and Ayoub's, Weidler tweeting that it was being discussed.

My only real issue is when people claim that Wests attempting to negotiate with another club to ease pressure on their cap is evil when its a frequent occurrence among all clubs.
In the last week we have had farah suing the club, the club trying to re-negotiate his pay out and now farah asking for his pay out up front. Could they all be true, yes, could they all be false, yes. Does anyone on here really know?? No.

I just hope it gets finalised before Sunday. Even the players have come out and said he deserves a farewell. That way we can say goodbye to farah and celebrate making semis for the frst time in yonks.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 12:02 pm

tigers2005 wrote: That the stalling of this saga is because he wants a full pay out on what he is owed up front. Because just as he has a right to get what he is owed, i dont think him or any player can demand for it to be paid up front.
He can ask for his salary from Wests next season to be paid upfront - nothing wrong with that. In fact, from a perspective of game theory, that should be Farah's starting position in the negotiations with Wests starting at the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 12:04 pm

tigers2005 wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:

It's a 3 or 4 way negotiation process - there would be other points of impasse.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:36 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:Give him the same farewell we haves sheens and potter...we owe him nothing
Except what he's contracted for.
And pay him what he's contracted for. I hear the ANZ has some good loans on offer
I don't see the issue in paying him in instalments. It's likely how he is paid at the moment.

As I said, if he doesn't want to play State Cup in 2017 he'll have to meet the club halfway on some of the terms as much as it will eat him inside to do so.
Why would meet the club halfway . He has a contract( as has been said a million times already) , he can stay and play wherever they want him too , or sit on the sideline for a year if that's what they want. They will still owe him next years contract money plus 250 000
That they owe him from for games already played.(someone around a total of $950000.
If he stays, then he'l be paid the same amount, but it will be paid over the season, as the contract says.
If they want him out now , he's perfectly entitled to ask for WTs share up front, if they don't want to pay him out , minus what the other club will pay
He's got no reason to trust this club.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:39 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
The story on 7News last night was that the club is wanting the other club to pay part of the 250,000 that Robbie is owed for games that he has already playe d . Which is ludicrous .
And the other club is rightly refusing to do.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:41 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Except what he's contracted for.
And pay him what he's contracted for. I hear the ANZ has some good loans on offer
I don't see the issue in paying him in instalments. It's likely how he is paid at the moment.

As I said, if he doesn't want to play State Cup in 2017 he'll have to meet the club halfway on some of the terms as much as it will eat him inside to do so.
Why would meet the club halfway . He has a contract( as has been said a million times already) , he can stay and play wherever they want him too , or sit on the sideline for a year if that's what they want. They will still owe him next years contract money plus 250 000
That they owe him from for games already played.(someone around a total of $950000.
If he stays, then he'l be paid the same amount, but it will be paid over the season, as the contract says.
If they want him out now , he's perfectly entitled to ask for WTs share up front, if they don't want to pay him out , minus what the other club will pay
He's got no reason to trust this club.
Except it hasn't been reported anywhere the club don't want him for next yr. If Farah asks for a release, they aren't obliged to pay any lump sum.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:44 pm

So is Farah in the bench lol

vlad

Post by vlad » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:46 pm

shakey4d wrote:So is Farah in the bench lol
Can't see him there

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:50 pm

So now you are saying that the club doesn't want him to go?
Well there you go .
Now the problem is that Farah Wants to go , but WTs doesn't want him to leave , next minute he'll be announced as hooker, and on Sunday Robbie and Taylor will have a kiss and make up, and JT will tear up that shopping list that was reliant on getting some of Robbies money back. Is that the way it is now.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:52 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:So now you are saying that the club doesn't want him to go?
Well there you go .
Now the problem is that Farah Wants to go , but WTs doesn't want him to leave , next minute he'll be announced as hooker, and on Sunday Robbie and Taylor will have a kiss and make up, and JT will tear up that shopping list that was reliant on getting some of Robbies money back. Is that the way it is now.
The club's stance is that he'll be considered for selection every week, like everyone else. Believe it or don't believe it, but while they maintain that stance, they don't have to do anything more than pay what he's owed. If he wants to leave, great, but the club is under no obligation to pay him out.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:55 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
The story on 7News last night was that the club is wanting the other club to pay part of the 250,000 that Robbie is owed for games that he has already playe d . Which is ludicrous .
And the other club is rightly refusing to do.
According to the news article, WTs want the Sharks or Souths to pay the entire amount!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:So now you are saying that the club doesn't want him to go?
Well there you go .
The club's stance is that he'll be considered for selection every week, like everyone else. Believe it or don't believe it, but while they maintain that stance, they don't have to do anything more than pay what he's owed. If he wants to leave, great, but the club is under no obligation to pay him out.
GNR, any news on when ET's new contract is going to be announced?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:57 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Well there you go .
GNR, any news on when ET's new contract is going to be announced?
You're the media man, you tell us.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:58 pm

It just seems a bit late in the season for a player to be waiting for a new contract. Is there a reason?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 4:02 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:It just seems a bit late in the season for a player to be waiting for a new contract. Is there a reason?
No idea. But he hasn't signed anywhere else has he?