Hannant v WHO?

Tigerdave

Re: Hannant v WHO?

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:01 am

hehe very good Simon :) magic mushies indeed :)

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:08 am

Big deal !!!!

If this is true then Hannant is a bloody sook !!

Deadset. Who cares !?!

religion is a choice it is not something you were born with like colour or as Smeg said, illness or a disability.

Gibbs should be congratulated.

Great game Bryce and sledge the bloke all you want.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:24 am

smeghead wrote:The flare up was a result of things said in the game. There was apparantly real niggle in the scrums. They were shaking hands and Hannant refused Gibbs handshake and it started from there.

As for religion who cares. It is not one of the things in the no go play book as far as I know.

Race, Disability & Children are the big 3. Other than that harden up. Religion is a choice.

yep religion is something you choose to follow, its not like being a coloured race where you have no say in the fact.

people make fun of scientology all the time, hannant needs to harden up if it was a crack about his religion, also i got told that heigno really wanted to have a go at hannant and he wanted to square off after the game. Hannant isnt innocent in all this from what ive been told
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:27 am

It`s all good. This might make the whole side fire up a bit more than what they did last night next time they meet. You don`t get anywhere if you like the other side, every game should be treated like it`s a war !!!
It appears this side had bonded as close as the `2005 side and a strong team bond goes a long, long way.

I don`t want Bryce to be a nice bloke on the field, I want him to go out and hurt the opposing players, I don`t care how he does it as long as he`s inflicting pain. I think he`s one of the form props in the game at the moment and it`s because he`s now starting to back up his aggressive attitude with aggressive performances on the field.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:49 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Big deal !!!!

If this is true then Hannant is a bloody sook !!

Deadset. Who cares !?!

religion is a choice it is not something you were born with like colour or as Smeg said, illness or a disability.

Gibbs should be congratulated.

Great game Bryce and sledge the bloke all you want.
Agree 100%

If Byrce wants to sledge a block as long as he maintains his good form go for it.

Our club must stick up for our players and fight the NRL all the way if they try to suspend/fine Gibbs.

I really don't think anything will come from it but with the muppets in the NRL you can never be sure.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 12:36 pm

hannant should forgive him and move on

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 12:49 pm

so Gibbs said something to him about his religion

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 12:50 pm

As has been said religion is a choice and Hannant needs to harden up, and Mormons are an open shot when it comes to ridicule as they are among the worse and most intrusive religions constantly appearing at your front door trying to shove their religion down your throat.

Though I really shouldn’t comment on religion as I am probably bias as I live across the road from a church and I have discovered from this that heavily religious groups are amongst the most arrogant, intolerable and selfish people I have ever come across.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Delahunty

Post by Delahunty » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:20 pm

"Bottom line

Religion, like political leaning, is a choice you make. It is fair game.

Harden up"

Yeah right. And I spose conditioning and cultural setting have nothing to do with that "decision".

What a simplified point of view. Somones belief system is sacred to them becasue more often then not it is a product of there upbringing, family and community. I'am sure Hannent didn' wakeup one day and decide to become a mormon. More likely its part of his upbringing and family life, and is therefore personnel to him.
He has every right to be offended.

Gibbs played outstandingly but should be ashamed of his behviour.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:24 pm

Delahunty wrote:"More likely its part of his upbringing and family life, and is therefore personnel to him.
Believe it or not this happens with some for people with Political party leanings as well.

Is that taboo to sledge?

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:26 pm

dunno why hannant is so upset he isnt even a true mormon. He didnt go through that thing the gold coast winger did, i thought they had to do that to be true mormon?
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Delahunty

Post by Delahunty » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:47 pm

smeghead wrote:
Delahunty wrote:"More likely its part of his upbringing and family life, and is therefore personnel to him.
Believe it or not this happens with some for people with Political party leanings as well.

Is that taboo to sledge?
Heres my say on it Smeg, and i'l bare the hyper-politically correct tag that comes with it. I think that if what you are about to say could in anyway insult or undermine somebody, then don't bother saying it. Its called being a responsible human being. A concept that apparently eluded Gibbs at that point. He played a bloody excellent game - and would have done without the need to insult someone unncessarily.
Last edited by Delahunty on Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:51 pm

Fair enough if thats your take but we only are hearing about this because Hannant is having a sook. The amount of garbage, some of it very personal, that is used to sledge on the field is extremely high in every game but nobody takes it personally and accepts it is one guy trying to get under his skin and throw him off game.

I will have to get some paint for the next clashes "Joseph Smith is a rigg" banner

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 2:04 pm

Well the press seem to think it's fair game to mock people especially celebrities when it comes to their religion of choice so whats the difference if one player uses it to sledge another on the pitch to get a rise?

...or maybe he called him a big northen softy who misses his Mummy!

:roll:

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 2:52 pm

anyone able to put the incident up, i watched the fox replay and they cut it out

Danos

Post by Danos » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 3:29 pm

This is of coarse ASSUMING that it was a religious slur.. which is the conclusion that the newspapers have painted as fact, but considering all those involved have said nothing on the matter, it is only that, an assumption by the media. Gibbs could've just as easily called him a fat money chasing bad sport.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 3:43 pm

I have to disagree. He was upset. I think Bryce could be in trouble.

If someone who was Muslim was verbally abused abour his religion I bet that there would be trouble.

I think Bryce has come on significantly and I loved his passion last night but he should be told to cool things down.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 4:05 pm

what-ever happended to sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me???
far too much political BS involved in anything today.
I find this a bit strange. they will go at each other all game, being aggressive/physical , attempting to hammer each other into the ground, yet name calling gets to them????
are the players going to have to say sorry, when they complete a tackle on an opponent, so they don't hurt their feelings.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D