Quick video session

Geo.

Re: Quick video session

Post by Geo. » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:46 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:15 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 7:29 am
I award jirskyr 1000 WJB (Wow Just Brilliant) Units and Happy 100000 Genius Points for being a legendary logical football brain ..

Lets hope you only have 1 TRY against to analyse this week..
Seeing we totally agreed on both tries I commented on Geo and you disagreed with the Sue call I think you need to be :oops:

Luckily for you we still like you

Yes well in TRY 1 if Sue ignores Farah and he throws a dummy and scores ...the forum would have gone into meltdown...Sometime a pass beats a man...stills also don't show the speed of which things occur...Less 0.5 for Sauaso..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:49 pm

Great work. But I'd still prefer Nofo to stand on the outside of his opposite winger,forcing the attacker back on the inside where we have defenders. When he's 15m off his wing,even Bryson Goodwin gets a hat trick

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:46 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
I award jirskyr 1000 WJB (Wow Just Brilliant) Units and Happy 100000 Genius Points for being a legendary logical football brain ..

Seeing we totally agreed on both tries I commented on Geo and you disagreed with the Sue call I think you need to be :oops:

Yes well in TRY 1 if Sue ignores Farah and he throws a dummy and scores ...the forum would have gone into meltdown...Sometime a pass beats a man...stills also don't show the speed of which things occur...Less 0.5 for Sauaso..
Seriously you are a lost cause

Try 1 is Naiqama'a fault :brick: :brick: :brick:

Naiqama is at fault for taking the decoy

The try that Sue's is at fault is when Sutton stands him up and gets on his outside

You've got my brain so mixed up I can't even remember which try it was now :?

Last try me thinks

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:56 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:49 pm
Great work. But I'd still prefer Nofo to stand on the outside of his opposite winger,forcing the attacker back on the inside where we have defenders. When he's 15m off his wing,even Bryson Goodwin gets a hat trick
When we are using a compressed line and sliding he will always be inside but trying to slide with his man , that's where Naiqama needed to trust his inside man to take the decoy runner

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

The try that Sue's is at fault is when Sutton stands him up and gets on his outside

Last try me thinks
Not according to Jirskyr,,, I award Sue 1.0 SUU (stuff up units), Moses 0.5 SUU, Frozone 0.5 SUU and Nofo 0.5 SUU. for Try 1...are you saying he is wrong..Naiqama only got a 0.5..

In the last TRY where Sue is beaten on the Outside by Sutton he awards Moses 1.5 SUU for leaving his wingman and going for the glory intercept,,,
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:14 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:00 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Last try me thinks
Not according to Jirskyr,,, I award Sue 1.0 SUU (stuff up units), Moses 0.5 SUU, Frozone 0.5 SUU and Nofo 0.5 SUU. for Try 1...are you saying he is wrong..Naiqama only got a 0.5..

In the last TRY where Sue is beaten on the Outside by Sutton he awards Moses 1.5 SUU for leaving his wingman and going for the glory intercept,,,
It is my opinion that Sue started off the whole problem by not marking his man. Sue is 4 from the left but he's eyeballing the Souths man 7 in from the left. Geo points out that Farah could have dummied and run, but Woods is already there for that. If Sue had pushed across then his RHS men would have pushed too, but they are coming in to close the gaps.

In my opinion if Sue does a better job tracking / harassing the recipient after Farah (Walker? I didn't check the pics again) then Moses and Frozone don't stress so much about picking up dummy runners, adn Souths don't get oodles of time to put the ball through the hands. Yes Inglis appears from behind then on the outside, but our RHS was already covering 4 guys before Inglis even sweeps.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:28 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Last try me thinks

Yes if that is the case he is wrong

You are playing a compressed line that is sliding as I said , you HAVE to rely on your inside man to cover the inside decoy

If that two man stops , the winger HAS to stop or he leaves a gap as big as Sydney Heads inside

If you slide you all slide

The last one is definitely Sue , you get beaten on the outside with a slide you are basically screwed bar someone dropping the ball

Moses probably should of forced the inside man to throw a forced ball to a winger in the wet , that is the Golden Rule in the wet , you always try and force them to throw another pass

But the people actually blaming Moses have absolutely no clue , the damage occurs inside

Like most tries scored against the WT's the damage is nearly always the fault of the inside defenders making huge blunders

The one good thing about the compressed slide is most tries are scored out wide , going to test even an 80% + goal kicker

Ask any good attacker what they are looking for when they are close to the line ....

As I try to explain to EB all the time , look at how the blokes defending you react to what you do

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:37 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:14 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Last try me thinks

It is my opinion that Sue started off the whole problem by not marking his man. Sue is 4 from the left but he's eyeballing the Souths man 7 in from the left. Geo points out that Farah could have dummied and run, but Woods is already there for that. If Sue had pushed across then his RHS men would have pushed too, but they are coming in to close the gaps.

In my opinion if Sue does a better job tracking / harassing the recipient after Farah (Walker? I didn't check the pics again) then Moses and Frozone don't stress so much about picking up dummy runners, adn Souths don't get oodles of time to put the ball through the hands. Yes Inglis appears from behind then on the outside, but our RHS was already covering 4 guys before Inglis even sweeps.
Why would you want Sue to come out of the line at point blank range

Recipe for disaster , any half decent attacking player then switches an inside runner at the hole inside Sue allowing Souths to then get someone in behind our defence ....

You need to think like an attacker and a defender in these situations , what the defender wants to face , what the attacker wants to see

He wants to see someone come out of the line , wants to see someone sliding stop and plant , change their body angle , stop watching the ball carrier ,over commit to the slide , isolate someone slower , isolate someone slow off the mark , the outside man looking for the intercept , weak defender , hit someone renowned for a weak left or right side

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Sometimes a man beats a man , sometimes a man does something stupid like stop sliding ......Naiqama ......

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:44 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Sometimes a man beats a man , sometimes a man does something stupid like stop sliding ......Naiqama ......
Give it up Hap. His inside man in Moses already has a hold of the backrower, so got me stuffed how the hell is he going to slide to cover the inside man.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 12:08 am

formerguest wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:56 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:44 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Give it up Hap. His inside man in Moses already has a hold of the backrower, so got me stuffed how the hell is he going to slide to cover the inside man.
See the line keeps sliding so it can then reset as a compressed line

I'm telling you straight up that as an attacker who ran the defence and had the boss call the highest percentage play is to get someone to commit to the decoy and stop the slide , why run the decoy if it isn't ......... :crazy

Second the defence stops sliding you create multiple chances ....if the defence continues to slide you either have two options ,hope an inside runner beats the next defender sliding or score on the outside

Defenders stop sliding ,everything opens up , flat footed defenders are easy meat to everything including kicks

I'm not trying to sound like a know it all [automatically edited] but you need to look at BOTH pictures

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 2:01 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:37 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:14 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Last try me thinks

Why would you want Sue to come out of the line at point blank range

Recipe for disaster , any half decent attacking player then switches an inside runner at the hole inside Sue allowing Souths to then get someone in behind our defence ....

You need to think like an attacker and a defender in these situations , what the defender wants to face , what the attacker wants to see

He wants to see someone come out of the line , wants to see someone sliding stop and plant , change their body angle , stop watching the ball carrier ,over commit to the slide , isolate someone slower , isolate someone slow off the mark , the outside man looking for the intercept , weak defender , hit someone renowned for a weak left or right side
I never said anything about him coming out of the line, I want him to be putting his body in front of his man within the line. Look at Try1-1, he's half a step behind the defensive line and 2-3 steps too far to his left. Who is he marking? He's watching Farah, he doesn't actually look right until Try1-2 and by this stage Cody Walker has already disposed of the football.

Farah and the dummy runner are creating interest in the middle but Woods, Ava and Tedesco are all there, there's no need for Sue to be so far to his left.

When the Farah pass goes out, Walker is the 5th man in and Sue is about 3m to his right as 4th in. Sue doesn't move right early enough so the RH edge defence don't slide either.

So by the time of Try1-4, Sue must be 5m to the inside of Inglis and he has not put himself in front of, marked or come within range of anyone carrying or of a chance of carrying the football. The RH edge cannot slide automatically until Sue comes across as well, that just leaves the inside too open before the last two passes are thrown.

Sue does this again later on Try 3-1, he's 2 metres behind the play, 6 metres away from his man and already beaten on the outside. He then gets beaten on the outside Try4, this is less his fault as he should not end up at right centre, but even so I believe there is a pattern here of Sue being a metre lazy in many defensive scenarios.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 5:25 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:23 am
yeti wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:12 am
Great work with the analysis. It would seem that there simply isn't enough talk going on between them. There needs to be a leader in the outside defensive line to tell these guys what to do. Easy for us to say, I guess, but how in the world did these guys reach this level with these kinds of defensive defficiencies?
I don't know, sometimes if you are close to the field you can hear talk but it's often fullbacks, I never get an accurate read on the backline talking. They should be yelling at each other constantly, I know its tiring but when teams are constantly putting second men into the line, you need to change who you are taking.
The talk is so important. Soooo important! Defensive lines in trouble often are saying nothing. Tired players often say nothing. We have a couple of back rowers playing 80 and this will probably compound their errors in being slow and quiet in the defensive line. Nice that they can stay out there for 80 but not if they make these type of errors.

Last but not least, thanks Jirskyr for taking the time and effort.

Tiger_Pete

Post by Tiger_Pete » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 6:18 pm

When on our line it seems like we rush up to about 8 or so metres out and then plant our feet/get stuck backtracking. You can even see in the first try that both Kev and Nofa are actually up quicker than their inside men and then just plant there.

If they communicated who they had, then I feel like they could keep moving with that player and we would get less of this situation where players come up with no one at all, which Moses, Nofa, Kevie, Chee Kam all do from time to time.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 09 Mar, 2017 4:07 pm

Agree with most of the comments - thanks jirskyr for all the effort you put in - much appreciated.

Will get howled down for this but I would give Teddy 2SUU for the Inglis try.

It may not have been his idea to pack into a scrum with the opposition feeding the scrum - but who's fault was it (pass the SUU points to them if you know). The point was when the ball was fed there was no Tigers Full back (last line of defence) in position.

Whoever thought that up needs to get a good rap over the knuckles - just giving away points.