Post match press conference

willow

Post match press conference

Post by willow » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:23 pm

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... e_nrl.html

Wests Tigers Head Coach Jason Taylor and captain Aaron Woods say the team were left to rue a number of missed opportunities against Penrith on Sunday.

Despite the lopsided 36-2 scoreline in the end, both Taylor and Woods said the team did enough early on to be in a strong position, but a lack of composure in attack and quality finishing ultimately undid the side as the Penrith ran away the game in the second half.

“It’s a day that we’re struggling to put our finger on a little, to be honest,” Taylor said.

We’ve spoken as a playing group about it — the first 25-30 minutes was good and we were fighting hard and in the game — but then we gave Penrith a few opportunities and chances, and they made us pay. We simply didn’t take what was available to us.

“We had a few tries disallowed, but what was disappointing was those turning into a seven tackle set and simply giving far too much Penrith opportunity and field position.

“We didn’t handle it well enough when we had to.”

One of the team’s best in a disappointing loss, Woods said while it was pleasing to create many attacking opportunities, not turning that into points was discouraging in the end.

“I thought we did well for that first 25-30, but we couldn’t get over the line,” he said.

“And where did give the ball away — kicking it dead and dropping it over the line — it just allowed Penrith to get on the front foot and we couldn’t handle it.

“We had opportunities but just couldn’t convert and then match it with them.”

the third

Post by the third » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:26 pm

Delusional at best. Simply a disgrace at best

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:28 pm

So much for accountability i must have watched a different last 60 minutes.Silly me

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:30 pm

Ill watch the whole video before commentating too much.

Thos select quotes make it seem like they either don't know what happened or are not too concerned.

Which seems a bit laughable.

Post by 851 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:32 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:28 pm
So much for accountability i must have watched a different last 60 minutes.Silly me
Taylor is in denial about his ability, there is no such thing as a bad loss in his world, time to go I think
Go hard or go home

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:36 pm

Letting the other side score 6 tries did not help either.

Especially the try in the last 15 seconds before half time.

Time and time again falling off tackles cost us points today, yet Penrith repelled every attack we made on their line including desperate last attempts.

You could tell the difference between a Top 8 side and a Pretender...sorry Tigers.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:37 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:32 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Taylor is in denial about his ability, there is no such thing as a bad loss in his world, time to go I think
He has 50 games as head coach now for 20 wins with no sign of any noticeable improvement in defence.Todays bench was poor and the use of it even worse

the third

Post by the third » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:42 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:37 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:32 pm
jadtiger wrote:
He has 50 games as head coach now for 20 wins with no sign of any noticeable improvement in defence.Todays bench was poor and the use of it even worse
Exactly this. I can see Cleary the now reign has gorn....

The Bard

Post by The Bard » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:49 pm

Not the right bench.

The Tigers forwards were dominated after Woods and Seumanufagai were interchanged and never really recovered. The Panthers scored 4 of their 6 tries whilst they were interchanged.

In hindsight the Tigers did not have the right bench - with two backrowers, a centre and a hooker it was missing the same size and physicality to match the Panthers bench. The loss Grant didn't help.

The team got away with having a centre and hooker on the bench against an injury depleted Rabbits, but it was glaring that the Tigers were out muscled and physically dominated in the middle third before and after halftime.

In the Press Conference Taylor admitted the coaching staff got the bench wrong today, so we can expect something different for the next game against Raiders.
“...when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:51 pm

Seriously, Jason? Is this the best you can dish up? Boy oh boy...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:53 pm

Jason since 1908 Rugby League games go for 80mins mate
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm

There was a lot the Tigers did wrong but I couldnt believe how the panthers were allowed to lie all over the tigers in a tackle, they were penalised a couple of times but not nearly enough,

Post by 851 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:51 pm
Seriously, Jason? Is this the best you can dish up? Boy oh boy...
The JT fan club will buy the spin, as they have done for over 2 years now, but you can fool some of the people some of the time, and the blind loyalists all the time.
Go hard or go home

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:45 pm

I can understand a level of positivity can be beneficial after any loss. But if they truly believe the difference in that game was us not scoring a few tries ,they are just delusional. We were thoroughly outplayed all over the park today. Out classed, out smarted, out muscled.
Was alot more than just failure to execute with the ball. We only competed for 30 minutes at best. not even half the game!

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:49 pm

Im a JT supporter (generally) and as I said in another thread, he should have got them in the mood and didnt. He wears the fail in my opinion. 100%

But he did wear the credit last week. I gave him that credit. The haters didnt and only see it one way. It doesnt work one way.

Today he prepared them poorly and I will stand up and say that. Im man enough to do that and admit he wears the fail even though it goes against my general opinion of him. The presser was generally crap.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:52 pm

Don't underestimate the heat and the affect our poor bench selection cost us as a result. We basically had 2 forwards. Recipe for disaster in the heat.

matchball

Post by matchball » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:52 pm

We don't have the depth for a quality bench.
You play the cards you're dealt/inherit.

It's also hard to win games when you have players covering for others in defence.
We can't shake this cycle since the broses pair and kev arrived.
Defence will improve when the halves learn to tackle without being babysat. Creates too much space up the middle.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:55 pm

I cant blame the coach for what went on out there with Brooks and some others. The club needs to act if there is a drug culture affecting our playing group!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!