Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Post match press conference

Post by formerguest » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:32 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:20 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:07 pm

But seriously don't get annoyed about the "spin" or the angle or the select comments of the coach. Wayne Bennett has been lying and spinning truths for 30 years, you may as well rage against him too.
Wayne gets results.

Im not really too fussed about the press conference.

However sooner or latter JT has to get results as a first grade coach.

People are going to doubt some of his press conferences due to a lack of results as a first grade coach.

He doesn't have the runs on the board yet.
Yeah, but he has only just been given a bat.

Mickeyboy

Post by Mickeyboy » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:49 pm

I don't think there is a drug culture at the club - player wise. Perhaps a coaching staff drug problem thinking that the players are a lot better than what they really are

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 12:54 am

I think I have the answer boys and girls

Pre match interviews , Woodsy seemed to bristle up a bit today

Just get the journos to piss him off with a few questions and hey presto

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:04 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:52 pm
Don't underestimate the heat and the affect our poor bench selection cost us as a result. We basically had 2 forwards. Recipe for disaster in the heat.
The heat is no excuse for professional athletes (Penrith seemed to be ok?) and the poor bench selection was glaringly obvious before kickoff. Everyone realised it except the coach himself. To be honest I think the time for making excuses for Taylor is over. Don't you?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:06 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:04 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Don't underestimate the heat and the affect our poor bench selection cost us as a result. We basically had 2 forwards. Recipe for disaster in the heat.
The heat is no excuse for professional athletes (Penrith seemed to be ok?) and the poor bench selection was glaringly obvious before kickoff. Everyone realised it except the coach himself. To be honest I think the time for making excuses for Taylor is over. Don't you?
Whose making excuses? I acknowledged the bench was poor for the conditions. Who do you think is responsible for that?

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:14 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:06 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Whose making excuses? I acknowledged the bench was poor for the conditions. Who do you think is responsible for that?
I thought Taylor selected the bench? Happy to stand corrected.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:16 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:14 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:06 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I thought Taylor selected the bench? Happy to stand corrected.
What are you on about?

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:20 am

Pls see below:

The bench that was selected was ridiculous -> Taylor selected the team -> Taylor has to accept some of the blame.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:45 am

Taylor admitted he got the bench wrong and that the team clearly missed Grant as a genuine front row rotation.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:47 am

851 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm
Tigerheart_returns wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:51 pm
Seriously, Jason? Is this the best you can dish up? Boy oh boy...
The JT fan club will buy the spin, as they have done for over 2 years now, but you can fool some of the people some of the time, and the blind loyalists all the time.
And you were bloody quiet last week - as usual when we win.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:48 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:20 am
Pls see below:

The bench that was selected was ridiculous -> Taylor selected the team -> Taylor has to accept some of the blame.
You're really making an issue out of nothing. I said the bench was shocking. Who do you think i was referring to when i said the bench was shocking?

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:16 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:25 pm
Swordy wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:49 pm
Im a JT supporter (generally) and as I said in another thread, he should have got them in the mood and didnt. He wears the fail in my opinion. 100%

But he did wear the credit last week. I gave him that credit. The haters didnt and only see it one way. It doesnt work one way.

Today he prepared them poorly and I will stand up and say that. Im man enough to do that and admit he wears the fail even though it goes against my general opinion of him. The presser was generally crap.
Seeing that I'm supposed to be a JT Hater, (even though I don't hate him or anyone, )
I would like to point out that I for one, did congratulate him last week after the Souths win.
But that doesn't change the fact that mostly (as today) we look like no one is coaching anyone at this club.
if we want to compete at a high level we need a Coach who is not in denial about his success or rather lack of it. And can show some improvement in the areas that he has spent so much time on,but has very little to show for it, such as defence. And how to select a team!!

We need someone who can do what he says, not just what he would like to do.
Excuses have run out as far as I'm concerned, All excuses.
We'l get a few wins this year, some good, some ordinary, but it will just be papering over the giant cracks in this team and Coach.
I can see so much passion... there are lots of post showing disappointment... that is good... that means we care but please lay off the coach... wait till the middle of the season... it is only round 2... if you can pinpoint what is going on wrong with the playing group then maybe you should coach... there are so many things to take into account when selecting a team (things that we don't know)

feel free to put your hand up and coach them... some teams are 0-2 and nothing is said about the coach... there is so much hate :|
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. A complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be patched up to make it work. You have to start over with a working simple system. – John Gall

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:30 am

So this is just new is it?
We are the same team that he said he was happy to work with when he started , despite his calls for patience, along with claims about our defence that are all BS. And all his excuse slogans
We could lose 10 in a row then win 1 or 2 and some would still be saying "don't sack the Coach we have two wins" isn't he doing well

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:59 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:30 am
We are the same team that he said he was happy to work with when he started , despite his calls for patience, along with claims about our defence that are all BS. And all his excuse slogans
We could lose 10 in a row then win 1 or 2 and some would still be saying "don't sack the Coach we have two wins" isn't he doing well
you are a very harsh critic... he just got the team he wanted this year... judge him with what he has now not the past... it is only round 2
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. A complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be patched up to make it work. You have to start over with a working simple system. – John Gall

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:09 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:58 pm
Tigrr wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm
There was a lot the Tigers did wrong but I couldnt believe how the panthers were allowed to lie all over the tigers in a tackle, they were penalised a couple of times but not nearly enough,
Ahh , the old Referees fault , again. Probably right. They all hate us.
Seriously we win some and lose some. They had nothing to do with that result today , and most days
You should actually watch the match again and stop the cliches :crazy

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:14 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
What excuses?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:15 am

4jtigers wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:59 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
you are a very harsh critic... he just got the team he wanted this year... judge him with what he has now not the past... it is only round 2
When he joined the club he said that he was happy to work with the team that we had.
Don't know about a harsh critic. The things that he said he'd fix are still there.
We suffered the most boring season with game after game of rubbish. Which was supposed to fix our defence.( if it didn't bore us to death).
If you were watching yesterday you would have seen what an improvement there has been.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:18 am

formerguest wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:28 pm
lathami wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:50 pm
Hi guys
Look the refs didn't cost us the game but there was a pivotal point in the first half. When Wallace was laying in the ruck right behind the play of the ball, as our number 9 got to pick the ball up he had to put on leg over Wallace then Wallace got up put him off balance. Which caused a knock on. Then the panthers scored, then scored another 2 try's. I heard the ref say to our 9 you were intentionally trying to get a penalty, what a load of crap so a player can lye in the ruck get in the way. And a crap ref is guessing on his intentions??? Please what a pile off.
My issue is with woodsys lack of leadership, not going to the ref asking for a reason for his actions, nothing!
But yet Moylans in the refs face over noffa running of the mark...
Glad someone raised the issue of not speaking to the ref/s, as lack of it is a major problem with our team. The panthers were continually/systematically offside, as well as flopping, holding down and lying in the ruck. If Aaron is not going to question them, then hand the reins to one that will.

Had no problems with the presser, with failings admitted and problems discussed.

The above is absolutely correct. The Panthers illegal tactics worked perfectly and the Tigers could not respond in any way effectively. They should have bustled back but most of them dont have the mental attitude or energy to do it.