Our middle D

king sirro

Our middle D

Post by king sirro » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:58 pm

So whats the take on it? We managed ok last year without Farah so it can be him. Why are we so weak in the middle. I mean, we are producing the weakest attempts at defence ever seen in the game. Chayse Blair is the worst back in the NRL and he walked through.

I'm confident with one answer to my question, no heart. We have no heart at all. Bunch of cats who dont know what they have.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 6:04 pm

You are right no heart. The storm play the game at their speed. If you can't play 80min they will get you in the end. We can't play 80 because we don't have the heart for it. Get Cleary in ASAP and get him to give the players 2 weeks. If you don't have it in you to play for the tiger's take it elsewhere and we will buy player's who can. Can't think of another team that would have lost that game

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 6:51 pm

Farah does make a difference in the way that he is a mentally tough player who pushed himself to make the tackle or close the hole. We have very few others who possess this trait, especially in the pack.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 6:52 pm

Least it wasn't the edge defence costing us for once.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 6:54 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 6:51 pm
Farah does make a difference in the way that he is a mentally tough player who pushed himself to make the tackle or close the hole. We have very few others who possess this trait, especially in the pack.
Very true and perhaps the powers to be have finally recognised what he brought to the team!

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 7:02 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 6:54 pm
stryker wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 6:51 pm
Very true and perhaps the powers to be have finally recognised what he brought to the team!
He brought something to the team alright. The last two years that were lean and garbage, he was front and centre! Bringing the same to the rabbits too. Almost nothing. His best days are well behind him.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:42 pm

Grant watch him and how slow he is around the ruck.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:50 pm

Mentally were a very weak side.

Its all culture and mentality.

When the going gets tough we are no where.

Last year was a bit of a fluke to come 9th. We had a number of soft wins and some teams had the year off.

Like I said in the pre season this year we won't be so lucky.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 1:52 am

I thought there was an obstruction in Addo-Carr's try, Finucane had no right to be there and had Liddle actually made an effort to tackle JAC, the refs would have noticed. There's a definite diffusion of responsibility in the A defenders, like with Blair's try. Grant rushes up and plants his feet, expecting his teammate to be there to help. Sue was inexcusable and ET took the wrong man and was out of position but Grant opened the gate there.
People get lazy, leave it to the other bloke and we get the results we do. I'm a bit worried as to why ET felt he needed to go help Woods on Finucane though.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:03 am

IIRC, when Blair made his break, we moved up on the left of the ruck and Sue didn't move at all. I'm a fan of Sue, but it was very poor play. I think he also cost us the game by running a dumb line for the Nofo obstruction call.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:53 am

When Smith went for his first 40/20, the whole team was so SLOW to come back onside, I could see we were cooked. When he got the next 40/20, we had nothing left in the tank.

I don't know what that is, it was warm yes but Melbourne lost a guy to concussion too and they'd done more tackling than us. It's the fitness / strength and then the mental lapses when fatigue sets in.

Sue was almost on his haunches when Blair scored, he was having a bludge on the blind and although Blair wasn't his man, he didn't do anything to pressure the play, didn't move up or across, it was a staggered line with just Tim Grant making the effort. That stuff is what loses football games, I'm all for players sucking in the big ones when there is a scrum or a penalty, but not when you are defending the opposition running out a kick-return.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 2:09 pm

We certainly seem to struggle with match fitness, although I don't know why because the S&C team reckon all the players are stronger and fitter than last year...