Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs 2018 - Sharks 2018 [Official]..

eyewonder

Re: Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs [Official]..

Post by eyewonder » Sat 12 May, 2018 11:58 am

i thought he played well last night but didnt seem too get much game time.
i liked aaron woods,but it should all be ancient history now.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 12 May, 2018 12:05 pm

The young forward who made his debut for Canterbury reminded me of Marsters. He should be the player we chase.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 12 May, 2018 3:52 pm

junior05 wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:45 am
Harvey wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 10:31 am
As Paul Kent said, the problem is that they need clubs to want to pay the players they release otherwise there is no cap room.

I would Take Fatala-Mariner, Klemmer or maybe Rhys Martin over Woods.
Renouf To'omaga
Good young player table a decent offer and he will want a release. These are the issues we had a few years ago. Feel sorry for the Dogs fans Castle, Dib and Hasler screwed them for years.

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 5:13 pm

Dont feel sorry for any of them we were in the same hole and got out they just kept digging deeper.

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 5:15 pm

Dont feel sorry for any of them we were in the same hole and got out they just kept digging deeper.

Post by 851 » Sat 12 May, 2018 5:23 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 3:52 pm
junior05 wrote:
Harvey wrote:
As Paul Kent said, the problem is that they need clubs to want to pay the players they release otherwise there is no cap room.

Renouf To'omaga
Good young player table a decent offer and he will want a release. These are the issues we had a few years ago. Feel sorry for the Dogs fans Castle, Dib and Hasler screwed them for years.
They knew they were in cap trouble last year, so what do they do, go and pay ridiculious amounts for Foran and Woods and try sign Tedesco as well, how the hell did they think their cap was going to look this year, and for the next few years.
Go hard or go home

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sat 12 May, 2018 5:42 pm

851 wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:23 pm
TYGA wrote:
junior05 wrote:
Harvey wrote:

Renouf To'omaga
They knew they were in cap trouble last year, so what do they do, go and pay ridiculious amounts for Foran and Woods and try sign Tedesco as well, how the hell did they think their cap was going to look this year, and for the next few years.
They’ll face the music very very soon don’t worry

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 5:48 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:42 pm
851 wrote:
TYGA wrote:
junior05 wrote:

Renouf To'omaga
Idk, these clubs seem to get away with murder. They are in this mess and still trying to sign elsewhere, picking up Suli for dirt cheap at first opportunity. Sea Eagles too, rumours are now they are trying to get Trent Hodkinson, despite being near the cap limit ??

Remember earlier this year when there was trouble at the Dogs, yet they didn't really lose anyone before the year started to meet the cap. I won't believe they are playing under the same rules as the rest of us until I actually see them lose players I guess.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:28 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:48 pm
teddy23 wrote:
851 wrote:
TYGA wrote:

Idk, these clubs seem to get away with murder. They are in this mess and still trying to sign elsewhere, picking up Suli for dirt cheap at first opportunity. Sea Eagles too, rumours are now they are trying to get Trent Hodkinson, despite being near the cap limit ??

Remember earlier this year when there was trouble at the Dogs, yet they didn't really lose anyone before the year started to meet the cap. I won't believe they are playing under the same rules as the rest of us until I actually see them lose players I guess.
They did lose their skipper Graham who is reportedly on a cool $1M this season but Saints are only paying a smallish amount. That may have got the Bulldogs past this year but everyone says hard times for at least 3 years.

Why are we laughing? We were in the exact same spot.

Marina Go told everyone that it would take 3 years to get out of our salary cap mess. We suffered 3 years of misery with a whole bunch of plodders and amigos.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:43 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 8:28 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:48 pm
teddy23 wrote:
851 wrote:

They did lose their skipper Graham who is reportedly on a cool $1M this season but Saints are only paying a smallish amount. That may have got the Bulldogs past this year but everyone says hard times for at least 3 years.

Why are we laughing? We were in the exact same spot.

Marina Go told everyone that it would take 3 years to get out of our salary cap mess. We suffered 3 years of misery with a whole bunch of plodders and amigos.
Laughing because dumb dumb Sharon went there.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Tap Twist Snap

Post by Tap Twist Snap » Tue 29 May, 2018 11:19 pm

He really made a shocking decision for his on field career which has turned out great for us. We pick up 2 quality props + Reynolds and Mbye basically because of his decision to go to the Dogs. For all he coped last year for his terrible leadership and poor performance in the media from our fans, he gets it way worse from the Dogs fans this year for just trying to do his job. They are vicious to him. As hard as he has tried in some games for them he has made so many mistakes and on top of that he doesn't look too happy out there. If they are shopping him around to other clubs already then it's not surprising he isn't happy. Now he had lost his origin spot as well which probably wouldn't have happened if he had stayed.
Really couldn't get much worse for him... but he has plenty of cash. Wonder if he thinks it was all worth it? Wonder if he still thinks he has a good manager? Wonder if he is enjoying his coffees with his bulldog mates talking about what it would be like to play at a stable club? Ahh Woodsy ya silly oaf.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 30 May, 2018 9:42 am

851 wrote:
TYGA wrote:
junior05 wrote:
Harvey wrote:

Renouf To'omaga
It would've worked very nicely for them if they were the red, white & blue! Missing the red in their jerseys, but still ended up in the red :lol:

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 30 May, 2018 10:01 am

Aaron wants to come back but we may not have enough salary left to get him. Tbh i wouldn't mind Woods in place of Grant or Sue.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Wed 30 May, 2018 10:04 am

x2

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 30 May, 2018 11:24 am

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:01 am
Aaron wants to come back but we may not have enough salary left to get him. Tbh i wouldn't mind Woods in place of Grant or Sue.
Swap both for him and its allG

ISC (C)
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 30 May, 2018 11:31 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 11:24 am
swag tiger wrote:

ISC (C)
x2
as long as the Bulldogs are going halvies.
in Ivan we distrust

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 30 May, 2018 11:35 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 11:24 am
swag tiger wrote:

ISC (C)
you really don't want him :roll :roll
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 30 May, 2018 11:39 am

It seems extremely unlikely to me that he would come back here for some bargain basement price as there are other clubs that need props far more than we do - Newcastle and Canberra being the most obvious examples, but also the Roosters. While those clubs probably aren't willing to pick up full freight on a (reportedly) ~$800K/year deal they'll be prepared to go a lot closer than we will (the Knights in particular). The Dogs aren't going to sign a release where they need to pay $300k+/year when they can either keep him or release him to another club for a figure closer to $100K/year.