Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

wmlmaster

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by wmlmaster » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:15 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:12 pm
wmlmaster wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:07 pm
Is it true? Matt Moylan approached the Tigers when he wanted to leave the Panthers and we knocked him back
I wouldn't have wanted Moylan in the team anyway.
So is that a yes or no

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:19 pm

wmlmaster wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:15 pm
swag tiger wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:
Is it true? Matt Moylan approached the Tigers when he wanted to leave the Panthers and we knocked him back
So is that a yes or no
I that it was a maybe.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:29 pm

wmlmaster wrote:
What about getting Jackson Hastings with conditions in his contract favourable to the club (in relation to his attitude) plus the new Tigers are emphasising on that names don’t matter all players are equal which could work for both parties.

We could get him on the cheap and for once Manly can pay part of his wage since they are so desperate to get rid of him

What do you guys think?
Yeah! - we just need a cancerous cell to help us along.

His next will be his fourth club - that is for a reason - he is a tool of the highest order.

NO from me.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:35 pm

Idk about Pommy outside backs. None in the modern game have ever made it over here. The last one was that supposed superstar the Panthers signed in 2016. Not sure why their forwards do well but not their backs.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:36 pm

wmlmaster wrote:
What about getting Jackson Hastings with conditions in his contract favourable to the club (in relation to his attitude) plus the new Tigers are emphasising on that names don’t matter all players are equal which could work for both parties.

We could get him on the cheap and for once Manly can pay part of his wage since they are so desperate to get rid of him

What do you guys think?
Ah no thanks, he must be a pretty massive knob to be as despised as he seems to be. What would we need him for anyway? He's primarily a half and would probably sit behind Brooks, Marshall, Reynolds, Lolohea and Gamble...I'd rather upgrade Drinkwater.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:49 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:36 pm
wmlmaster wrote:

What do you guys think?
Ah no thanks, he must be a pretty massive knob to be as despised as he seems to be. What would we need him for anyway? He's primarily a half and would probably sit behind Brooks, Marshall, Reynolds, Lolohea and Gamble...I'd rather upgrade Drinkwater.
Big no from me also! Anyone who can get mild mannered DCE all worked up and throwing punches must have a special talent for being an antagonist, we do not need that!

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 12:54 am

Wests Tigers are out to sign Wigan Warriors centre Oliver Gildart.

The Tigers are on the hunt for a centre after the recent departures of Moses Suili and Taane Milne.

According to The Sun, the NRL side has been monitoring English outside back Gildart.

A Wigan junior, Gildart has crossed for 34 tries in 63 first-grade appearances.

The 21-year-old, who is off-contract at the end of this year, is considering one of the best young talents in Super League.

Gildart was eligible to play for Italy at last year's World Cup, but was unable to play in the tournament after papework issues meant his Italian passport did not arrive in time.

The outside back has spoken publicly about his dream of playing in the NRL.

Skip

Post by Skip » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 1:57 am

wmlmaster wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:15 pm
swag tiger wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:
So is that a yes or no
Apparently he wanted the 5/8 position but since we signed Reynolds he moved on to the Sharks.
"It's not because i'm lazy, it's because i don't care"

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:58 am

I'd would take the kid , the club would only offer him a deal if they no about him via Hoggo I would say , other thing is he plays centre and we have moved 2 on , if he wants to come over and have a go why not

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:06 am

Oliver Gildart looks the goods 22 years of age can find the line may get him at a good price

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:15 am

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:06 am
Oliver Gildart looks the goods 22 years of age can find the line may get him at a good price
I hope you mean try line.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:10 am

wmlmaster wrote:

What do you guys think?
Not in a million years. He's cancerous to a club.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:23 am

Nelson wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:

What do you guys think?
I just watched that press conference with Barrett and Evans. Interesting that Barrett cut off Evans when he was answering the question about Hastings. Barrett referred to the matter as "bruised egos" (plural). Evans' eyes betrayed his thoughts.

Interestingly, it seems the players from Blacktown can play with him as he has been relegated for the remainder of the year.

Just an observation but when a large percentage of the salary cap is taken up by a few players and they are not putting in, fingers will be pointed by players on lesser contracts (and rightly so).

krayola

Post by krayola » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:33 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:23 am
Nelson wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:

What do you guys think?
I just watched that press conference with Barrett and Evans. Interesting that Barrett cut off Evans when he was answering the question about Hastings. Barrett referred to the matter as "bruised egos" (plural). Evans' eyes betrayed his thoughts.

Interestingly, it seems the players from Blacktown can play with him as he has been relegated for the remainder of the year.

Just an observation but when a large percentage of the salary cap is taken up by a few players and they are not putting in, fingers will be pointed by players on lesser contracts (and rightly so).
Yep, pretty interesting presser. But do you think DCE isn’t worth the dough? I wouldn’t say he’s underperforming at all. He’s a freak. I’d pay him 800k a year so I guess a mill is a little too much. Fingers can be pointed at Fulton and whoever agreed to pay Taupau, Lussick and Korisau overs.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:41 am

krayola wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:33 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Nelson wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:

What do you guys think?

Yep, pretty interesting presser. But do you think DCE isn’t worth the dough? I wouldn’t say he’s underperforming at all. He’s a freak. I’d pay him 800k a year so I guess a mill is a little too much. Fingers can be pointed at Fulton and whoever agreed to pay Taupau, Lussick and Korisau overs.
I ask why DCE hasn't played more SOO? Talent is one issue, personality may be another?

The uneven distribution of the salary cap no matter how well intended has the potential to create dissention in dressing rooms.

The two brothers are on big salaries as well and watch the highlights of the Manly v Souths game when Hastings scored the only try for Manly. You can see the elder brother brush Hastings.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 9:35 am

Even though Tommy and Jake played ordinarily the other day, you can still build a team around them two. They have a decent side. A top 8 side. There just not consistent enough. No depth either.

krayola

Post by krayola » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 10:05 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:41 am
krayola wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:33 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Nelson wrote:

I ask why DCE hasn't played more SOO? Talent is one issue, personality may be another?

The uneven distribution of the salary cap no matter how well intended has the potential to create dissention in dressing rooms.

The two brothers are on big salaries as well and watch the highlights of the Manly v Souths game when Hastings scored the only try for Manly. You can see the elder brother brush Hastings.
Fair question about SOO. There's a lot of competition for those positions though and I reckon DCE was thrown in a little early, not to mention in a role he hadn't played much in dummy half / utility (halves and dummy half are very different positions imo but that's another thread).

I'd understand attitude being an issue though. He had a lot given to him very quickly, whether fair or not and that must have effected him. His decision regarding the Gold Coast said a lot about the guy too.

I also think Barrett has been given too much to do or perhaps isn't sharing his responsibilities as well as he could. Manly have a few players with questionable pasts on their books and it seems Barrett is solely responsible for managing these guys.

We're seeing at the Roosters how being top loaded with contracts affects depth; you have to get those lower tier contracts right and pray to the injury gods too. I actually think Manly's depth is okay talent wise but they're relying too much on young players. Our club and the Raiders before that were case studies in why that is an ineffective strategy in rugby league.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 12:12 pm

There has been trend that has followed DCE for the last 3-4 years, not many positive headlines are printed about him and the position he left the titans in when he turncoated on the deal was unprofessional.
He’s not in the good books with the manly club either I believe.
If I was manly I’d punt both DCE and Hastings.