Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

happy tiger

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:07 pm

Maybe we are

Maybe the Sharks may need to release a player to us ....

Few big mobile backrowers might be looking for more game time

Few centres / backrowers on their list , one of who was on our short list either 16 or 17

Not saying it is , but just wait and see what pans out ,Ivan and Justin aren't fools

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:07 pm
Maybe we are

Few centres / backrowers on their list , one of who was on our short list either 16 or 17

Not saying it is , but just wait and see what pans out ,Ivan and Justin aren't fools
If we aren’t interested in Barba then Justin and Ivan are fools. Massive fools.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:15 pm

I am sure that many deals are being struck in the background, some will happen and some wont.
Management would be well aware of where we need to strengthen the team both for now and the future.A quick fix could be ok for this year but be detrimental for the future.I have faith in our current coach and ceo to get it right

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:24 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:09 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Maybe we are

This is the same Ben Barba who is one strike away from being permanently terminated from the NRL

I would of thought after the Simona and Lovett issues from 2017 we'd be avoiding players with drug issues like leprosy

We want a culture sure , not a drug culture thanks

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:26 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:15 pm
I am sure that many deals are being struck in the background, some will happen and some wont.
Management would be well aware of where we need to strengthen the team both for now and the future.A quick fix could be ok for this year but be detrimental for the future.I have faith in our current coach and ceo to get it right
Yeah I have faith in the leaders and current direction- I may have gone off a bit BUT I’m sick of reading about releases and no signings to balance. Keep the faith, keep the faith, keep the faith........
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:24 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Maybe we are

This is the same Ben Barba who is one strike away from being permanently terminated from the NRL

I would of thought after the Simona and Lovett issues from 2017 we'd be avoiding players with drug issues like leprosy

I couldn’t care less. If we can sign a guy who spent a year in prison for assault, we can sign someone who tested positive for recreational drugs. The only culture at the tigers is one of perpetually losing, and I’m tired of it.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:34 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:26 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Yeah I have faith in the leaders and current direction- I may have gone off a bit BUT I’m sick of reading about releases and no signings to balance. Keep the faith, keep the faith, keep the faith........
Just remember when you feel like that.....none of these rumours are coming from the club. Yep, keep the faith.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:35 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Maybe we are

Maybe they are already set on a fullback for 2019.

No point signing Barba now if so.

All about managing the cap.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:37 pm

Eddie wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:35 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Maybe we are

Maybe they are already set on a fullback for 2019.

No point signing Barba now if so.

All about managing the cap.
In all likelihood we haven’t got anyone lined up... that’s the reality.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:38 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:34 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:26 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Just remember when you feel like that.....none of these rumours are coming from the club. Yep, keep the faith.
Good point
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:39 pm

I reckon they might have Nick Meaney lined up play fullback for the next few years from 2019.

But I could be wrong.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:43 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Maybe we are

I couldn’t care less. If we can sign a guy who spent a year in prison for assault, we can sign someone who tested positive for recreational drugs. The only culture at the tigers is one of perpetually losing, and I’m tired of it.
Craig Field's keen for a game of footy no doubt

My point is we might pick up another player of equal ability in another position from someone else involved in the deal

It looks like it could possibly be a four or even five club deal

Jayson Bukuya , Kurt Capewell , Val Holmes , might be someone from Manly , maybe someone from St Helens , a back rower we just don't know

It doesn't have to be Barba , you understand that right ??

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:54 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:43 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

My point is we might pick up another player of equal ability in another position from someone else involved in the deal

Jayson Bukuya , Kurt Capewell , Val Holmes , might be someone from Manly , maybe someone from St Helens , a back rower we just don't know

I understand that, but I also know we don’t have the luxury of rejecting players like that if they become available. We have some serious issues in our roster that need to be addressed. Thursday night we were outpaced and outgunned all over the park. We need to make some quality signings, fast. Not depth signings, high quality signings.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:57 pm

Wouldn't take much in of what you read at the Daily Tele especially if it involves our club.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 18 May, 2018 11:09 pm

Eddie wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:39 pm
I reckon they might have Nick Meaney lined up play fullback for the next few years from 2019.

But I could be wrong.
I would hope we were actually looking at someone more established for such an important role. You know, an actual star player. We have the money, but I guess I won't hold my breath.

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Fri 18 May, 2018 11:18 pm

Barba and Rona please.

1. Barba
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Fonua
5. Rona
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 18 May, 2018 11:26 pm

Poor Ivan. The pitchforks have finally come out.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 18 May, 2018 11:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:43 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

Totally agree. Judicious signings have taken this team from a 7/17 team to a 6/5 team in 8 months.

I really do wonder if people realise this. Tigers since 2012 have won 11, 7, 10, 8, 11 and 7 matches each season. There are 13 matches left in 2018, so even maintaining 50% win rate would see us to 12-13 victories and our best win season in 7 years.

Ivan Cleary surely has proven he can coach and build a roster. He's made every team he's coached more successful. Even getting us to 5/1 in the first 6 rounds is amazing.

I am sure Tigers took a look at Barba, and decided he's not the right fit. I don't know why some fans have trouble with that, why they feel Tigers must be involved in negotiations with every single decent available footballer. You don't just sign whoever is available, there has to be a long-term strategy.

Look at Roosters, they have snapped up plenty of marquee talent and it's not doing them any better than us right now.

Let the coach do his thing and give him his 3.5 years to do it.