Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

upthetigers

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by upthetigers » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:50 am

Joel_Caine_Fan_82 wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 12:42 am
jirskyr wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 11:41 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:43 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:27 pm

I couldn’t care less. If we can sign a guy who spent a year in prison for assault, we can sign someone who tested positive for recreational drugs. The only culture at the tigers is one of perpetually losing, and I’m tired of it.
Craig Field's keen for a game of footy no doubt

My point is we might pick up another player of equal ability in another position from someone else involved in the deal

It looks like it could possibly be a four or even five club deal

Jayson Bukuya , Kurt Capewell , Val Holmes , might be someone from Manly , maybe someone from St Helens , a back rower we just don't know

It doesn't have to be Barba , you understand that right ??
Totally agree. Judicious signings have taken this team from a 7/17 team to a 6/5 team in 8 months.

I really do wonder if people realise this. Tigers since 2012 have won 11, 7, 10, 8, 11 and 7 matches each season. There are 13 matches left in 2018, so even maintaining 50% win rate would see us to 12-13 victories and our best win season in 7 years.

Ivan Cleary surely has proven he can coach and build a roster. He's made every team he's coached more successful. Even getting us to 5/1 in the first 6 rounds is amazing.

I am sure Tigers took a look at Barba, and decided he's not the right fit. I don't know why some fans have trouble with that, why they feel Tigers must be involved in negotiations with every single decent available footballer. You don't just sign whoever is available, there has to be a long-term strategy.

Look at Roosters, they have snapped up plenty of marquee talent and it's not doing them any better than us right now.

Let the coach do his thing and give him his 3.5 years to do it.
potter had the team at 5-2 as well and only got us 10 wins for the year
sojust cause we are 6-5 dont mean anything to we get those other wins and by the looks of our attack due to some crazy selections i dont see us beating many more teams
Under Potter injuries hurt our season badly.

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sat 19 May, 2018 6:56 am

Eddie wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:39 pm
I reckon they might have Nick Meaney lined up play fullback for the next few years from 2019.

But I could be wrong.
I hope we do sign Nick Meaney, cause I can't see us signing a marquee fullback just yet . But like Happy said you never know what deals are going on behind-the-scenes .

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 19 May, 2018 7:07 am

Is Jamayne Isaako strill unsigned?

He is the most clutch first season player ive seen for a while. Might end up at fullback too.
Its an opinion!

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sat 19 May, 2018 7:54 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 7:07 am
Is Jamayne Issaaaako strill unsigned?

He is the most clutch first season player ive seen for a while. Might end up at fullback too.
Still unsigned but is in talks with the Broncos according to local paper up here.The broncos have a few good players maybe we should have a look at. Gehamat Shibasaki is just as good as Isaako

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 19 May, 2018 8:10 am

junior05 wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 7:54 am
The Patriot wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 7:07 am
Is Jamayne Issaaaako strill unsigned?

Still unsigned but is in talks with the Broncos according to local paper up here.The broncos have a few good players maybe we should have a look at. Gehamat Shibasaki is just as good as Isaako

Bennet seemed very convinced that he will end up at Fullback. I take it once Darius retires.

If thats the case he could be a guy we should look at. Clutch goal kicker, quality player, Tall, fast and may solve the fullback issue.
Its an opinion!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 May, 2018 8:21 am

We'd surely be 1000/1 to lure him away from the Broncos where your given everything and treated like a king, to Concord where facilities are still substandard

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 19 May, 2018 8:29 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 8:21 am
We'd surely be 1000/1 to lure him away from the Broncos where your given everything and treated like a king, to Concord where facilities are still substandard

No money talks.

Bennet will pay him as a winger, no way he gets more than 350k at the Broncos.

Cleary can do better than that.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 19 May, 2018 8:33 am

I know one thing, Cleary isnt walking around the place head down complaining we cant get anyone here or giving up on signing class players. He will have his head up and chest out thinking big.
Its an opinion!

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 19 May, 2018 8:34 am

Joel_Caine_Fan_82 wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

I couldn’t care less. If we can sign a guy who spent a year in prison for assault, we can sign someone who tested positive for recreational drugs. The only culture at the tigers is one of perpetually losing, and I’m tired of it.

My point is we might pick up another player of equal ability in another position from someone else involved in the deal

Jayson Bukuya , Kurt Capewell , Val Holmes , might be someone from Manly , maybe someone from St Helens , a back rower we just don't know

Totally agree. Judicious signings have taken this team from a 7/17 team to a 6/5 team in 8 months.

I really do wonder if people realise this. Tigers since 2012 have won 11, 7, 10, 8, 11 and 7 matches each season. There are 13 matches left in 2018, so even maintaining 50% win rate would see us to 12-13 victories and our best win season in 7 years.

Ivan Cleary surely has proven he can coach and build a roster. He's made every team he's coached more successful. Even getting us to 5/1 in the first 6 rounds is amazing.

I am sure Tigers took a look at Barba, and decided he's not the right fit. I don't know why some fans have trouble with that, why they feel Tigers must be involved in negotiations with every single decent available footballer. You don't just sign whoever is available, there has to be a long-term strategy.

Look at Roosters, they have snapped up plenty of marquee talent and it's not doing them any better than us right now.

sojust cause we are 6-5 dont mean anything to we get those other wins and by the looks of our attack due to some crazy selections i dont see us beating many more teams
Potter was a good coach. His season was riddled by injuries.

Also the Farah/Benji fiasco.

He had Brooks/Tedesco absolutely firing.

Good recruiting also...Tapau, Austin etc. Only Lulia drove me crazy haha, but Godinet is Ivans version.

If Ivan did leave. i would take Potter back in a heartbeat.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 19 May, 2018 8:48 am

jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:24 pm

This is the same Ben Barba who is one strike away from being permanently terminated from the NRL

I would of thought after the Simona and Lovett issues from 2017 we'd be avoiding players with drug issues like leprosy

We want a culture sure , not a drug culture thanks

You are correct however some people want instant success and think that buying any "good" player delivers it.You need balance in a side and the players have to be a unit which works together on and off the field.We have the right coach in place just give him time

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 19 May, 2018 9:59 am

Milky wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 8:34 am
Joel_Caine_Fan_82 wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Potter was a good coach. His season was riddled by injuries.

Also the Farah/Benji fiasco.

He had Brooks/Tedesco absolutely firing.

Good recruiting also...Tapau, Austin etc. Only Lulia drove me crazy haha, but Godinet is Ivans version.

If Ivan did leave. i would take Potter back in a heartbeat.
I remember when i had my first beer.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 May, 2018 10:00 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 8:29 am
innsaneink wrote:

No money talks.

Dream on

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 19 May, 2018 10:14 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 10:00 am
The Patriot wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

No money talks.

Dream on
Yeah , you need those gems picked up straight from Qld Cup

They are out there , don't worry

I wonder with clubs like the WT's how many scouts are out looking at Qld Cup games every weekend ??

I was amazed seeing (and talking to ) scouts at a major Under 13 tournaments

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sat 19 May, 2018 10:16 am

jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:24 pm

This is the same Ben Barba who is one strike away from being permanently terminated from the NRL

I would of thought after the Simona and Lovett issues from 2017 we'd be avoiding players with drug issues like leprosy

We want a culture sure , not a drug culture thanks

You're right. We need to be patient, rebuilding takes a few years. And the squad you start with keeps getting slowly upgraded as you go. I get this. And personally I think Cleary can do it. It's just that we've been here before, with Potter, with Taylor, and now we just might get it right this time, but it's hard to be patient and to be optimistic again and again where past decisions have failed.

I'm not expecting to make the GF this year (though that would be nice), just making the 8 would be a huge step up and would bestow a lot of confidence in our club. I think that should be our aim, at a minimum. In Cleary we trust. I think we'll do it.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 19 May, 2018 10:18 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 10:14 am
innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

No money talks.

Dream on

I wonder with clubs like the WT's how many scouts are out looking at Qld Cup games every weekend ??

Didn't we do that with Gamble...?

+ I thought QLD Cup folded haven't seen any updates or how Ex Tigers are going or the gems we should sign or anything for ages..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 19 May, 2018 10:22 am

All I know is that someone will sign Barba and he will play well in most games for them.

The other thing I know is we signed Taane Milne for a top 30 spot. He didn’t play one top grade game, we sacked him, now we are scratching for decent backs.

I’m scratching my head thinking about the last marquee backline player we signed. Was that an aging Lote?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 19 May, 2018 10:26 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 10:18 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 10:14 am
innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

No money talks.

Dream on

Didn't we do that with Gamble...?

+ I thought QLD Cup folded haven't seen any updates or how Ex Tigers are going or the gems we should sign or anything for ages..
The mental strain of having to run 4 comps got to me , I'm on a sabbatical until Wednesday :lol:

I'm getting old , went cast netting for a few hours for some bait yesterday , can't move my neck , typing one armed , ain't fishing today :cry:

I'm not writing Gamble off yet , he just probably needs an off season and needs to continue to work hard on his game , if he gets his defence to the same level of his running game he will end up a bargain buy

Worth the risk

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Sat 19 May, 2018 10:33 am

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 19 May, 2018 10:22 am
All I know is that someone will sign Barba and he will play well in most games for them.

The other thing I know is we signed Taane Milne for a top 30 spot. He didn’t play one top grade game, we sacked him, now we are scratching for decent backs.

I’m scratching my head thinking about the last marquee backline player we signed. Was that an aging Lote?
Have we ever signed a top line player in his prime other then adam blair ?