Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Balmainian » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:34 pm

We need a big body that runs straight and hard like Lawrence.
I don’t who......but that’s what we need.
Not Cheekam not McQueen someone like Frizell or Cordner a real line bender.


WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 5:03 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:34 pm
We need a big body that runs straight and hard like Lawrence.
I don’t who......but that’s what we need.
Not Cheekam not McQueen someone like Frizell or Cordner a real line bender.
I agree with your post. Exactly the types of forwards we need to target.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 5:22 pm

WT2K wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 5:03 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:34 pm
We need a big body that runs straight and hard like Lawrence.
I don’t who......but that’s what we need.
Not Cheekam not McQueen someone like Frizell or Cordner a real line bender.
I agree with your post. Exactly the types of forwards we need to target.
I can’t think of anyone coming off a contract that fits the bill.
Might have pick a young bloke from ISP.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6062
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 6:10 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 2:10 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 2:00 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:25 pm
Snake wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:22 pm


Well in all fairness to McQueen he has not been given the right to show he is a dud ,never being selected is the criteria that is being used ... I make my decisions about players when I see them over a month or so in the top grade .
With the selections of late there seems to be a bias with the selection criteria, McQueen is a very experienced player that in my opinion is being overlooked for someone like butter fingers Aloiai that can not even catch a foot ball ...
Blah blah blah...
McQueen isn't even impressing in ISC.
Doesn't deserve to make grade and would disappointment majorly just like he does in cup games.
So the same as Tui then, did nothing in ISP, then disappointed in NRL, got it
Precisely.
Both duds.
On exposed form, probably can't argue, only Tui has had a fair stretch in the NRL team and McQueen hasn't.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 6:43 pm

Am I late with this news

Salary cap to squeeze Luke out of New Zealand

Ben Cotton

 -

June 10, 2018 - 5:43 pm

Isaac Luke is likely to depart the Warriors at seasons end.

Warriors hooker Isaac Luke is unlikely to be at New Zealand next season despite being one of their best players in 2018.

Although things could change, salary cap issues are the main reason the club will struggle to retain 31-year old, not being granted third-party luxuries like other clubs.

He is the hooker we need


WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 6:54 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 5:22 pm
WT2K wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 5:03 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:34 pm
We need a big body that runs straight and hard like Lawrence.
I don’t who......but that’s what we need.
Not Cheekam not McQueen someone like Frizell or Cordner a real line bender.
I agree with your post. Exactly the types of forwards we need to target.
I can’t think of anyone coming off a contract that fits the bill.
Might have pick a young bloke from ISP.
Might need to cast the recruitment over to England. Cant remember his name but earlier in the year we were linked to a forward utility from ESL
No more plodders!
:sign:

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 6:56 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 6:43 pm
Am I late with this news

Salary cap to squeeze Luke out of New Zealand

Ben Cotton

 -

June 10, 2018 - 5:43 pm

Isaac Luke is likely to depart the Warriors at seasons end.

Warriors hooker Isaac Luke is unlikely to be at New Zealand next season despite being one of their best players in 2018.

Although things could change, salary cap issues are the main reason the club will struggle to retain 31-year old, not being granted third-party luxuries like other clubs.

He is the hooker we need

Dam straight.

MissMe911
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed 05 Apr, 2017 9:36 am

Post by MissMe911 » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:06 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:15 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:12 am
kingbrooks wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:10 am
For a year or so if he wanted to id take Luke. Would consider 2 max, definitely no more.

He is still one of the premier hookers and offers pace around the ruck. I doubt he would come to us though and id say parra will throw the kitchen sink at him, but the roosters/sharks will somehow have the $$$ to make a play
Agreed. Luke is probably what Cleary is looking for. Good passer and can advance the ball. Might be a good partner if Liddle is willing to learn and wait a year.

LIchaa is what we should NOT be looking at. The Bulldogs were a top 4 team, till they signed Lichaa and Mbye over Hodkinson and Ennis. The idea that Lichaa is playing better now that he is free of Des, is silly. The dogs are doing far worse then us and Lichaa is a part of the problem. Lichaa can't pass, he can run, he isn't first grade. Us signing Mbye is a big risk, he never really has developed at the dogs. To have 3/4 of the bulldogs failed spine is just an Absolute joke. We might as well hire Ben Barba to boost our team culture.
Is Cleary looking for a hooker..?
Something wrong with him if he isnt.
Liddle is fragile and will never play 80 mins every week and we basically have noone else nrl standard.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28986
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:09 pm

Cleary signed Godinet as a back up..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9829
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:11 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:09 pm
Cleary signed Godinet as a back up..
Jobs for the boys
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6062
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:11 pm

MissMe911 wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:06 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:15 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:12 am
kingbrooks wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:10 am
For a year or so if he wanted to id take Luke. Would consider 2 max, definitely no more.

He is still one of the premier hookers and offers pace around the ruck. I doubt he would come to us though and id say parra will throw the kitchen sink at him, but the roosters/sharks will somehow have the $$$ to make a play
Agreed. Luke is probably what Cleary is looking for. Good passer and can advance the ball. Might be a good partner if Liddle is willing to learn and wait a year.

LIchaa is what we should NOT be looking at. The Bulldogs were a top 4 team, till they signed Lichaa and Mbye over Hodkinson and Ennis. The idea that Lichaa is playing better now that he is free of Des, is silly. The dogs are doing far worse then us and Lichaa is a part of the problem. Lichaa can't pass, he can run, he isn't first grade. Us signing Mbye is a big risk, he never really has developed at the dogs. To have 3/4 of the bulldogs failed spine is just an Absolute joke. We might as well hire Ben Barba to boost our team culture.
Is Cleary looking for a hooker..?
Something wrong with him if he isnt.
Liddle is fragile and will never play 80 mins every week and we basically have noone else nrl standard.
Liddle is the next 5 year project, taking over from Brooks, we may just over rate our juniors, or persist where other teams just cut theirs loose after a year of no return, either way, the 5 year wait is just ridiculous
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3534
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:15 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:11 pm
MissMe911 wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:06 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:15 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:12 am


Agreed. Luke is probably what Cleary is looking for. Good passer and can advance the ball. Might be a good partner if Liddle is willing to learn and wait a year.

LIchaa is what we should NOT be looking at. The Bulldogs were a top 4 team, till they signed Lichaa and Mbye over Hodkinson and Ennis. The idea that Lichaa is playing better now that he is free of Des, is silly. The dogs are doing far worse then us and Lichaa is a part of the problem. Lichaa can't pass, he can run, he isn't first grade. Us signing Mbye is a big risk, he never really has developed at the dogs. To have 3/4 of the bulldogs failed spine is just an Absolute joke. We might as well hire Ben Barba to boost our team culture.
Is Cleary looking for a hooker..?
Something wrong with him if he isnt.
Liddle is fragile and will never play 80 mins every week and we basically have noone else nrl standard.
Liddle is the next 5 year project, taking over from Brooks, we may just over rate our juniors, or persist where other teams just cut theirs loose after a year of no return, either way, the 5 year wait is just ridiculous
Most clubs don't throw a bunch of 18-20 year old into first grade, they are given time to develop. We don't have the talent to delay the introduction of youngsters and allow them to develop their strength and their game.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4735
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:28 pm

MissMe911 wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:06 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:15 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:12 am
kingbrooks wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:10 am
For a year or so if he wanted to id take Luke. Would consider 2 max, definitely no more.

He is still one of the premier hookers and offers pace around the ruck. I doubt he would come to us though and id say parra will throw the kitchen sink at him, but the roosters/sharks will somehow have the $$$ to make a play
Agreed. Luke is probably what Cleary is looking for. Good passer and can advance the ball. Might be a good partner if Liddle is willing to learn and wait a year.

LIchaa is what we should NOT be looking at. The Bulldogs were a top 4 team, till they signed Lichaa and Mbye over Hodkinson and Ennis. The idea that Lichaa is playing better now that he is free of Des, is silly. The dogs are doing far worse then us and Lichaa is a part of the problem. Lichaa can't pass, he can run, he isn't first grade. Us signing Mbye is a big risk, he never really has developed at the dogs. To have 3/4 of the bulldogs failed spine is just an Absolute joke. We might as well hire Ben Barba to boost our team culture.
Is Cleary looking for a hooker..?
Something wrong with him if he isnt.
Liddle is fragile and will never play 80 mins every week and we basically have noone else nrl standard.
That is just a load of malarki - no other word for it.

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:08 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:09 pm
Cleary signed Godinet as a back up..
Your funny

MissMe911
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed 05 Apr, 2017 9:36 am

Post by MissMe911 » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:22 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:28 pm
MissMe911 wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:06 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:15 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:12 am


Agreed. Luke is probably what Cleary is looking for. Good passer and can advance the ball. Might be a good partner if Liddle is willing to learn and wait a year.

LIchaa is what we should NOT be looking at. The Bulldogs were a top 4 team, till they signed Lichaa and Mbye over Hodkinson and Ennis. The idea that Lichaa is playing better now that he is free of Des, is silly. The dogs are doing far worse then us and Lichaa is a part of the problem. Lichaa can't pass, he can run, he isn't first grade. Us signing Mbye is a big risk, he never really has developed at the dogs. To have 3/4 of the bulldogs failed spine is just an Absolute joke. We might as well hire Ben Barba to boost our team culture.
Is Cleary looking for a hooker..?
Something wrong with him if he isnt.
Liddle is fragile and will never play 80 mins every week and we basically have noone else nrl standard.
That is just a load of malarki - no other word for it.
How old is he? And hes been injured for the last 3 seasons if you include this 1.
Pretty safe to say hes fragile


MissMe911
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed 05 Apr, 2017 9:36 am

Post by MissMe911 » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:36 pm

All over facebook.
Bring it on.... We need a hooker

AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:51 pm

Is this one as done as everybody seems to feel (on Fb) Yoss?

Post Reply