Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Needaname

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Needaname » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:00 pm

Agree with Farah, if he has it in him, Liddle needs more time if it is at all worth it.
After watching the Newtown V Norths game I’d go as far as saying he is not in the same league as the younger Brailey.
The sharks are an attractive team at the moment. 2nd last team to win a GF and not yet losing that lustre. I hope Gallen and Lewis play one year too long and they end up having a similar season to the Cowboys of this year.
Here’s hoping anway.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 7:28 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:40 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:03 pm

We don't have to pay anything if McQueen asks for a release..
That old chestnut!!!
Listen up, it's not brain surgery.

If a player requests a release from his contract, a club can refuse his request and continue to pay said player.

If the club grants his request the players contract is null and void ie there is no longer a contract.

Therefore as there is no contract between the club and the player there is no obligation to pay said player any money.

Get it?

:brick: :brick:
Thank you for your pearls of wisdom Col.

However, you did gloss over one important detail. Would the Titans be willing to pay full price, or would they rather Wests cough up some coin over the next 2 years. It depends on how keen Wests are to offload him, and how prepared the Titans are to play hard ball.
Totally agree with this comment

But if paying some of his contract to get rid of him is what we have to do i wonder if we could frontload our outlay from this years cap so it didn't hinder us in future years

Surely we still have money to spend in this years cap

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:50 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm

That old chestnut!!!

If a player requests a release from his contract, a club can refuse his request and continue to pay said player.

If the club grants his request the players contract is null and void ie there is no longer a contract.

Therefore as there is no contract between the club and the player there is no obligation to pay said player any money.

Get it?

However, you did gloss over one important detail. Would the Titans be willing to pay full price, or would they rather Wests cough up some coin over the next 2 years. It depends on how keen Wests are to offload him, and how prepared the Titans are to play hard ball.

But if paying some of his contract to get rid of him is what we have to do i wonder if we could frontload our outlay from this years cap so it didn't hinder us in future years

If said player asks for and is granted a release, he becomes uncontracted ....if picked up by the titans, it’s a new contract between titans and said player..

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:17 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:00 pm
Agree with Farah, if he has it in him, Liddle needs more time if it is at all worth it.
After watching the Newtown V Norths game I’d go as far as saying he is not in the same league as the younger Brailey.
The sharks are an attractive team at the moment. 2nd last team to win a GF and not yet losing that lustre. I hope Gallen and Lewis play one year too long and they end up having a similar season to the Cowboys of this year.
Here’s hoping anway.
Was listening to MMM on the way in to work they had flanno on. He said it'd be hard to keep both Brailey brothers as he sees both of them them as 9s only.
No more plodders!
:sign:

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:32 pm

tigerap wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:50 pm
tiger05premier wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Get it?

If said player asks for and is granted a release, he becomes uncontracted ....if picked up by the titans, it’s a new contract between titans and said player..
There you go.

:righton:

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:32 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:17 pm
Needaname wrote:
Here’s hoping anway.
Was listening to MMM on the way in to work they had flanno on. He said it'd be hard to keep both Brailey brothers as he sees both of them them as 9s only.
Too be honest we should Keep Liddle and target the younger Brailey.
What’s the point of signing Segeyaro or Lichaa, that’s exactly what the Sharks or Bulldogs would want us to do.
Target Kyle Flanagan as well to replace Benji.
We need to put pressure on these other clubs that just seem to keep their juniors happy whilst keeping them from first grade.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:51 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:32 pm
WT2K wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Here’s hoping anway.
What’s the point of signing Segeyaro or Lichaa, that’s exactly what the Sharks or Bulldogs would want us to do.
We need to put pressure on these other clubs that just seem to keep their juniors happy whilst keeping them from first grade.
You reckon Kyle Flanagan would leave the club his dad coaches ?

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:00 am

tigerap wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Get it?

What you guys are failing to acknowledge is when a player is on the out of favour at a club, they will often ask for a release with conditions attached. It is common for a player to ask for a release with the condition that their contract be topped up by their current club. The club does not have to accept this but may if they are happy to have the player leave.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:18 am

tigerap wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Get it?

Well I'm relieved now we didn't pay any money for Robbie Farah when he got his release and signed a new contract with Souff's...

It's been troubling me..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:27 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:32 pm
Campbelltown is the second biggest catchment area in Sydney, only behind Penrith. When you look at the amount of juniors coming out of the Panthers backside, it makes what we are doing with our junior development program a laughing stock.

We need to poach Gus.
Cambo a hole

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:09 am

vlad wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:51 pm
Needaname wrote:
WT2K wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Here’s hoping anway.
You reckon Kyle Flanagan would leave the club his dad coaches ?
No not exactly, but its gotta be burning him not being able to play him in first grade.
Townsend is the expandable one. It would be good to make them think about it anyway.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:00 am

cochise wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:00 am
tigerap wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

What you guys are failing to acknowledge is when a player is on the out of favour at a club, they will often ask for a release with conditions attached. It is common for a player to ask for a release with the condition that their contract be topped up by their current club. The club does not have to accept this but may if they are happy to have the player leave.
Exactly

That's why i agreed with GNR4LIFE post

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors

A player may want a release and the club may agree but the club the player wants to go to may not be willingto pay his current salary

Therefore the player decides to stay at current club

But the club really wants him gone ao they agree to top up his contract

Not that hard to understand

IC may just be willing to top up his contract to see him gone as it seems pretty obvious he is not in IC future plans

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:00 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 7:49 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:36 am
Nelson wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:57 pm
supercoach wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
With us zero chance of signing a top notch player at the height of their game we should be looking at players who are road blocked at the good clubs, or players who are In the top 17 at good clubs who are on average money because of salary cap constraints. We need some big fast and competitive players ...both forwards and backs.

I know easier said than done, but their must be some real quality at clubs like Penrith,Sharks, Storm,Chooks and Dragons caught in a road block. A bloke like Joe Stimson at the Storm is one who comes to mind. Okay they might be under contract, but contracts can be broken
Hoffman retires at the end of the year though and Stimson is probably a fair chance of partnering Kaufusi in the 2nd row at Melbourne next year.
is he related to the legend Mark Stimson? If he is maybe we have a chance to get him. i remember Mark Stimson's comeback game in reserve grade after his accident losing 4 toes and doing a forward flip for a try in reserve grade. Great day.
Yes, he is Mark Stimson's nephew. Peter Stimson, who played a few games for South, is his father. There is another Stimson playing at St Gregs, which almost certainly means he won't be playing for WTs.
There's a Matt Stimson plays for the victorian thunderbolts U20s comp in Qld.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:07 am

Needaname wrote:
WT2K wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Here’s hoping anway.
That would be smart the younger brother is the gun.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:33 am

TYGA wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:07 am
Needaname wrote:
WT2K wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Here’s hoping anway.
I'd be putting our effort into Xerri from the Sharks. Excellent young centre. L

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:16 am

tiger05premier wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:00 am
cochise wrote:
tigerap wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:

Exactly

A player may want a release and the club may agree but the club the player wants to go to may not be willingto pay his current salary

IC may just be willing to top up his contract to see him gone as it seems pretty obvious he is not in IC future plans
Who are we talking about here - I've gone back 4-5 pages with no name?

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:19 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:33 am
TYGA wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:07 am
Needaname wrote:
WT2K wrote:

I'd be putting our effort into Xerri from the Sharks. Excellent young centre. L
!!!

He'll be a big deal soon.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:47 am

Russell wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
tiger05premier wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:00 am
cochise wrote:
tigerap wrote:

Exactly

Who are we talking about here - I've gone back 4-5 pages with no name?
Chris McQueen