Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

tiger_one

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by tiger_one » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 7:55 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 5:35 pm
The Wests board will tell us who we have signed, not some nameless trolls.

No good guessing and stressing about something over which we have no control.

Relax, be happy.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:44 am

Is anyone able to confirm Brooks is no longer represented by his previous manager, Isaac Moses?

Not WT related but Sharks' supporters believe Val Holmes will sign a 5 year $5m contract with the Sharks. Barba to go elsewhere.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:57 am

So Sharks have no room for Barba.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:02 am

Barba surely will end up somewhere in Queensland.

While I think Barba to 1, Mbye to 6 may work, we need to direct big funds to other positions.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:31 am

kingbrooks wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:02 am

While I think Barba to 1, Mbye to 6 may work, we need to direct big funds to other positions.
That would be nice.

Deffsnotacop

Post by Deffsnotacop » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 4:21 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:44 am
Is anyone able to confirm Brooks is no longer represented by his previous manager, Isaac Moses?

Not WT related but Sharks' supporters believe Val Holmes will sign a 5 year $5m contract with the Sharks. Barba to go elsewhere.
Brooks is represented by the Cove Agency, of which Isaac Moses is a director. Other players represented by Cove include Eisenhuth and Sue.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 4:46 pm

Deffsnotacop wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 4:21 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:44 am

Brooks is represented by the Cove Agency, of which Isaac Moses is a director. Other players represented by Cove include Eisenhuth and Sue.
Thanks. Let's hope a new contract for Brooks is in the pipeline.

The Bard

Post by The Bard » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm

I was impressed with Mikaele in the ISP today. Coming off the bench he set-up one try in the first half, charging onto a quick play the ball he went through three defenders using footwork and power to then draw the Mounties fullback and find our own Dylan Smith in support to score under the posts. Then in the second half he received the ball centre field about 20 meters out and beat a rushing defender to then go on an arching run across field showing good speed, footwork, power and a fend to score a brilliant solo try on the left edge. He has good speed for guy his size and I’m thinking he’ll be ready to get a little bit game time in the NRL next year coming off the bench. He’s been playing in the middle third but I’m starting to wonder if he could play a bit on the left edge also, a bit like Kikau from Penrith.
“...when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:58 pm

The Bard wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm
I was impressed with Mikaele in the ISP today. Coming off the bench he set-up one try in the first half, charging onto a quick play the ball he went through three defenders using footwork and power to then draw the Mounties fullback and find our own Dylan Smith in support to score under the posts. Then in the second half he received the ball centre field about 20 meters out and beat a rushing defender to then go on an arching run across field showing good speed, footwork, power and a fend to score a brilliant solo try on the left edge. He has good speed for guy his size and I’m thinking he’ll be ready to get a little bit game time in the NRL next year coming off the bench. He’s been playing in the middle third but I’m starting to wonder if he could play a bit on the left edge also, a bit like Kikau from Penrith.
Definitely, I really rate Mickaele, he also showed up during the ore season trials - looking good for NRL next year.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:02 pm

kingbrooks wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:02 am

If Holmes stays at the Sharks then North Queensland will sign Barba.

Are we still supposedly signing Feki from the Sharks? Thought he played quite well today.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:27 pm

It’s a pity we missed out on Anthony Don, he is in the Pat Richards mould and still has a couple of years left in him.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:29 pm

The Bard wrote:
Cheers. Highlights:
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/08/1 ... point-win/

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 11:55 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm
pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:52 pm
We need a couch whose name is easy..... Ivan Henjak!
Why do you want a couch, do you need to lay down or something?
I see what you did there. Very amusing. :|

Tarl

Post by Tarl » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:18 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:29 pm
The Bard wrote:
Cheers. Highlights:
I reckon Thomas Mikaele should get first crack with Lawrence in the back row next year. I think he could be a weapon for us.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:41 pm

Tarl wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:18 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:29 pm
The Bard wrote:
Cheers. Highlights:
I reckon Thomas Mikaele should get first crack with Lawrence in the back row next year. I think he could be a weapon for us.
This team certainly requires a few more weapons of mass destruction.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:49 pm

My understanding is Mikaele has only ever played front row. I wouldn't be moving him from there just yet.

Like all young forwards he's got some improvement to make in defence. There is a lot of potential there though, I'd like to see him up his minutes in ISP and look at playing a few games off the bench next year.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:06 pm

So with Sue confirmed as leaving now, l I would assume we have some signings coming in to replace these guys.. I wonder when we will actually hear something from the club as it would be a good time to give us fans some good news after the week we have had..

My gut feeling is we have some but don't want to announce until after the players team is finished for the year.

Anyone got any solid news on signings ??

willow

Post by willow » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:20 pm

weststigerman wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:49 pm
My understanding is Mikaele has only ever played front row. I wouldn't be moving him from there just yet.

Like all young forwards he's got some improvement to make in defence. There is a lot of potential there though, I'd like to see him up his minutes in ISP and look at playing a few games off the bench next year.
Unless we sign a couple of props I reckon he's a good chance to be on the bench next season.