Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Spud Murphy

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:35 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:28 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:26 pm
Needaname wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:21 pm
Be a good pickup for us at left centre then!
Indeed! Though I'd rather Aitken :mrgreen:
What’s lafais contract situation?
I know he's not off contract for next year, not sure beyond that, but contracts don't seem to matter these days anyway :lol:

westy81

Post by westy81 » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:21 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm
what about the club chases the young dragons center lomax, big boy and kicks goals, hes behind there two starting centers.
I think I recently read an article that he has just re-signed with the dragons for another couple of years
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:44 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 11:39 am
Set play wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 11:23 am
I've got no problem with either Merrin or tamou signing with us for 1 year on low $$ only because we need fowards and due to higher quality fowards not wanting to come here it should fill the need for time being and try and sign a outside back for next season. Hopefully feki. Then we will improve enough to hopefully make the finals next year then imo higher quality fowards for the following year because I think if we make the finals next year we will be a more attractive destination
No chance of either for low dollars it would be 500k+ for either of them.Hope we dont even talk to them
Or on a one year deal - both would be looking at their last chance for a decent contract in Oz.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:45 pm

westy81 wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:21 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm
what about the club chases the young dragons center lomax, big boy and kicks goals, hes behind there two starting centers.
I think I recently read an article that he has just re-signed with the dragons for another couple of years
Offer him a contract and have him do a back flip.

Everyone’s got a price and contracts are worthless.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Madge

Post by Madge » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:46 pm

Patrick Herbet is a talent, good young player.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 8:49 pm

The Queen wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 4:55 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 3:08 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:52 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 3:42 pm

What an album ,arguably the greatest Australian rock album ever

Anyway I thought he would have turned his form all around once Moylan had left and wasn't messing around with Sally ............
Diesel and dust is my fav Oils record.
As for best aussie album go check out Dallas Crane self titled album.
It’s up there.
Oh yeah back to the topic, no to Merrin, I don’t have any distinct reasons just don’t think he adds much to a forward pack these days.

I saw Dallas Crane and The living End years ago at the Enmore what a great night
Yeah they played the Enmore heaps.
That’s a good combo with TLE.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 8:54 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:29 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 11:19 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 8:59 am
tigerap wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 1:19 am

Merrin is fat and lazy and acts like the fat little fat outcast kid in the class who will do anything just to fit it with “ the boys”....
Merrin has always had that build coming through the juniors and managed to play SOO with it. He has been through a very tough time off field and most would empathise with him. We have always been a club accepting of players wanting a new start and Merrin to me would bring a lot with him to our team. If he comes, I would be pleased.
Tired of people thinking they know what a footballer is like as a person ("just trying to fit in with the boys") because they watch football games.
Yeah I was thinking the same Jirskyr. Comment was very personal, I wonder if the poster actually knows him?
I would think the attitude of wanting to fit in to the team was a good thing.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 9:03 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:35 pm
Needaname wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:21 pm
Be a good pickup for us at left centre then!
I know he's not off contract for next year, not sure beyond that, but contracts don't seem to matter these days anyway :lol:
This is exactly the type of situation where both club and player tend to be content with a release. If Lomax displaces either Aitken or Lafai then the displaced player is going to want to move on to another first grade opportunity and the club isn't going to to want to have them on good coin as depth players. Both are probably going to command enough on the open market that the club wouldn't have to chip in anything on their new contracts and the player wouldn't lose out on any money. A release is really a win/win.

I don't think Lomax has shown enough yet for the Dragons to go all in on him and cut either Lafai or Aitken though. That point may come at some stage next season but hopefully we're not still looking for a left centre part way through next season. If we don't land one for 2019 it'd be nice to see us go hard for Waqa Blake for 2020.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 11:07 pm

Balmainian wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:19 pm

How soon we forget Cory Thompson's efforts this year..

Anyway I thought he would have turned his form all around once Moylan had left and wasn't messing around with Sally ............
It’s up there.
Oh yeah back to the topic, no to Merrin, I don’t have any distinct reasons just don’t think he adds much to a forward pack these days.
I'm embarrassed , never heard of Dallas Crane .......good eh ??

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:44 am

Nelson wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 9:03 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

This is exactly the type of situation where both club and player tend to be content with a release. If Lomax displaces either Aitken or Lafai then the displaced player is going to want to move on to another first grade opportunity and the club isn't going to to want to have them on good coin as depth players. Both are probably going to command enough on the open market that the club wouldn't have to chip in anything on their new contracts and the player wouldn't lose out on any money. A release is really a win/win.

I don't think Lomax has shown enough yet for the Dragons to go all in on him and cut either Lafai or Aitken though. That point may come at some stage next season but hopefully we're not still looking for a left centre part way through next season. If we don't land one for 2019 it'd be nice to see us go hard for Waqa Blake for 2020.
From what i have heard Aitken is the most likely to be under pressure Lomax is considered to be a "keeper" under all circumstances

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 7:32 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:44 am
Nelson wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Needaname wrote:

From what i have heard Aitken is the most likely to be under pressure Lomax is considered to be a "keeper" under all circumstances
That's crazy, even though Lomax has been playing in his spot, Aitken was only a whisker away from Origin selection this year. Lafai is the least effective of the 2 centres, I'd put Lomax in his position next season.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 7:56 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 7:32 am
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:44 am
Nelson wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

That's crazy, even though Lomax has been playing in his spot, Aitken was only a whisker away from Origin selection this year. Lafai is the least effective of the 2 centres, I'd put Lomax in his position next season.
Aitken is highly thought of by Mary from what I am told. I don't believe he will be going anywhere. Lomax is also a right centre.

TSupps05

Post by TSupps05 » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 10:25 am

I was thinking what about Cameron Murray, he is a beast. He is only under contract for 2019. He is Souths best 2nd Rower by far but is stuck on the bench, i rate him far higher than Crichton.

I would chase this bloke hard
I don't know why but Braith Anasta pisses me off :mrgreen:

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 10:59 am

TSupps05 wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 10:25 am
I was thinking what about Cameron Murray, he is a beast. He is only under contract for 2019. He is Souths best 2nd Rower by far but is stuck on the bench, i rate him far higher than Crichton.

I would chase this bloke hard
With Crichton off to the Headless Chooks next season, Murray will step staright into his starting position.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:16 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 11:07 pm
Balmainian wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

It’s up there.
Dont feel embarrassed Happy, they never quite reached the heights of INXS or ACDC but on a national scale they were on par with Powderfinger, You am i, Silverchair and The Living End.
A straight up and down rock n roll band from melbourne.
And here's a little fact for ya, the lead Singer/guitarist (Dave Larkin)actually designed the current club emblem on the Melbourne demons Jersey.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:35 am

Balmainian wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:16 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 11:07 pm
Balmainian wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

It’s up there.
Dont feel embarrassed Happy, they never quite reached the heights of INXS or ACDC but on a national scale they were on par with Powderfinger, You am i, Silverchair and The Living End.
A straight up and down rock n roll band from melbourne.
And here's a little fact for ya, the lead Singer/guitarist (Dave Larkin)actually designed the current club emblem on the Melbourne demons Jersey.
Actually had a listen to DC's album last night after your comment Balmainian...what a cracker. Don't know how I missed that!

You Am I are one of my faves, saw them at Narrabeen RSL a couple of months ago....they rock harder now than they did 20 years ago & thats saying a lot!

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:21 pm

Why is there a lot of posts in here to do with Music ?? I love the music you guys are talking about just as much as you guys, but maybe you should start a music folder.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:52 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:21 pm
Why is there a lot of posts in here to do with Music ?? I love the music you guys are talking about just as much as you guys, but maybe you should start a music folder.
Agreed. Let's keep it about League please.