Uncoached

Cultured Bogan

Re: Uncoached

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:05 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:53 am
Geez No one is calling for his head.....Just some improvement of which there has been Zero...oh well...Next Year...
No one on here maybe. I have seen the odd loose unit on social media slitting their wrists already.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:10 am

I have no idea what Ivan is doing or thinking but , this could be part of the reason we are crap
Coach gets punted after a few games
The big 4 only 1 stays
Ivan comes in with a green light to buy up big for next year and he has with 6 signed and 2 already here
Ivan still has more players to buy Apparently , so that's around 3/4 of a team

All this must make players a bit worried , cause there is going to be a clean out right down the line

Brooks needs decent pack around him before will call for his head , he won't have a chance next year to play crap he will get punted into 2 grade there will be no excuses ,

The players who want to stay will need to,pick it up now we are rock bottom and players like young Matt has come into the team and gone pretty well up front

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:19 am

old man tiger wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:02 am
Geo. wrote:
Geez No one is calling for his head.....Just some improvement of which there has been Zero...oh well...Next Year...
Geo do you think we are on track to look better for next year than this year? Or do you disagree?

I mean in terms of squad depth across the park.

I never thought JT was the problem, and feel justified in that view now, however, I do think longer term Cleary will be better for us as he seems to have been able to attract a few players that we might not have got under JT. Pure speculation of course, and I'm referring mostly to packer and matulino.
I've been thinking about WT coaches etc. I think the culture at the WT was all wrong. Too much sucking up and power to the players. To guys like Robbie and Farah over the years. They were our saviours, they were Gods, so they got everything they wanted, even having unofficial input into recruitment/ retention (e.g. Moltzen). Sheensy and the board bowed to them, and let them have free rein.

Potter came, didn't bow, got outed. The Board got JT who came, saw the problem and tried to fix it, with the Board supported him initially then when the going got tough they hung him out to dry. JT never had a chance because he wasn't the right person for the job, and the people that hired him screwed him over as well.

Enter IC. (Now this enters more of the speculation whereas I would argue the previous was observed.) IC sees the problems going on from outside the club (everyone can, its not hard). He is hesitant about stepping in, he saw what happened to JT. He makes it clear (I hope) that if he comes in, he will change everything, and that he must have full control over who is recruited with no input from the Board. "Give me 3 years and if there's no improvement, then I fall on my sword. But in the meantime, let me do my job" sort of mentality.

Fingers crossed that's what going on, it certainly looks like it. Fingers crossed the Board can back off and let him do his job. Fingers crossed IC's vision comes to fruition, that he gets the right blend and it all comes together well. Now I've run out of fingers.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:20 am

Wow, Ivan has inherited a team that showed at the back end of last year where it was really at.

The numpty 3 threw one liners to the press basically accusing their team mates of not having the ability to compete week in week out. Moses leaves mid year and continues to bag his team mates.

We have regular first graders (not world beaters) injured, play a number of halves variations using players that IMO should be playing at best state cup. we haven't had woods and Teddy for a number of games.

We are at least competing in our games of late with the ordinary side we have.

The only thing i would have a go at Cleary about is his selection of Lovett, that guy just isn't a 1st grade footballer. He runs with no real venom and drops the ball at least once every game. I cant recall who but someone posted "has lovett not dropped a ball in a game he has played. i would go further and say has lovett not dropped a ball in an attacking position in a game he has played.

Save the knives for next year folks. Hopefully we will only need them for carving up the opposition!

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:28 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:19 am
old man tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Geo do you think we are on track to look better for next year than this year? Or do you disagree?

I never thought JT was the problem, and feel justified in that view now, however, I do think longer term Cleary will be better for us as he seems to have been able to attract a few players that we might not have got under JT. Pure speculation of course, and I'm referring mostly to packer and matulino.
I've been thinking about WT coaches etc. I think the culture at the WT was all wrong. Too much sucking up and power to the players. To guys like Robbie and Farah over the years. They were our saviours, they were Gods, so they got everything they wanted, even having unofficial input into recruitment/ retention (e.g. Moltzen). Sheensy and the board bowed to them, and let them have free rein.

Potter came, didn't bow, got outed. The Board got JT who came, saw the problem and tried to fix it, with the Board supported him initially then when the going got tough they hung him out to dry. JT never had a chance because he wasn't the right person for the job, and the people that hired him screwed him over as well.

Enter IC. (Now this enters more of the speculation whereas I would argue the previous was observed.) IC sees the problems going on from outside the club (everyone can, its not hard). He is hesitant about stepping in, he saw what happened to JT. He makes it clear (I hope) that if he comes in, he will change everything, and that he must have full control over who is recruited with no input from the Board. "Give me 3 years and if there's no improvement, then I fall on my sword. But in the meantime, let me do my job" sort of mentality.

Fingers crossed that's what going on, it certainly looks like it. Fingers crossed the Board can back off and let him do his job. Fingers crossed IC's vision comes to fruition, that he gets the right blend and it all comes together well. Now I've run out of fingers.
I agree with this. I'm guessing you mean Robbie and Benji, given you mentioned Moltz. Everything about Farah's last 3 years or so with us was managed poorly, by al parties, and I think we are paying for too many high value stuff ups right now. The only way to make this waste of a season worth anything is to build as strongly as we can for the future.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:30 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 6:50 am

Did the club think think that Brooks was just going to morph into a top gun half. They stuffed up his developement, I just hope that they haven't left it to late .
Maybe he's reaches his peak... Despite all the experts predictions.
They all can't be top gun halves... Guy like Dan Mortimer, McCrone, Robson all would've had high hopes also at careers beginnings.
Gus iirc called him a boy... That's what he looks and sounds like... Maybe he just don't have it and we've backed another non place getter as per

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:53 am

old man tiger wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:28 am
TigerTiger wrote:
old man tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

I agree with this. I'm guessing you mean Robbie and Benji, given you mentioned Moltz. Everything about Farah's last 3 years or so with us was managed poorly, by al parties, and I think we are paying for too many high value stuff ups right now. The only way to make this waste of a season worth anything is to build as strongly as we can for the future.
Potter went because he was a crap Coach, and Taylor should've went 12 months earlier than he did

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:56 am

Geo. wrote:
You seriously can't see any improvement in the side since Cleary took over? Didn't rate the win in Townsville or didn't think we did alright getting close to Dragons and Sharks in Origin period?

The team is not playing well but I see improvements in them, I see changes. It's not doing much for the results, and maybe that's the only measurement anyone cares about, but I would say we are defensively in games every 2 out of 3 weeks now, it used to be 1/3 weeks.

You seem to have become a mad cynic lately Geo with these sarky by-lines in every second post. You can't see any value change in the side at all?

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:02 am

Twmba Tigerman wrote:
Sun 25 Jun, 2017 9:51 pm
jrtiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:20 pm
It's quite simply the cattle that we have. Cleary has said from the beginning that he wasn't planning on making his mark on the team during this year, instead he would tweak a few of Taylor's tactics i.e Rushing Defence, positional changes etc. The cattle that Jason Taylor assembled were to suit his tactics and they simply were not good enough, and Cleary has his eyes set on long term success and culture change, which isn't going to happen in 3 months. As well as this, the win against the cowboys, the game against Parra that we let go, as well as the game against Cronulla where we were in the game for 60 minutes at Leichhardt were all signs that under Cleary that we are an improved side, it's just going to take time.

As for Brooks the boy is going to have a rough time this season. Woods was really the only forward that stood up tonight and we have a pathetic bench that lacks both experience and power that will change next year. He's being relied on to kick on last every time down that left corridor which is killing him and making him look one dimensional and would look better roving across the field, especially with Tui's best game being when he takes the line on. Next year with a partner in Reynolds as well as a superior forward pack and a pre season under IC the boy will thrive. No one came close to him in Junior ranks, and both his representative honours as well as his debut shows that he has the talent, but he will be guided. Once we have Matulino, Packer, McQueen and hopefully another backrower and front rower punching through the middle Brooks will be the halfback that not only takes control, but becomes the source of our points for years to come.

It's going to take time, it always was. Cleary has only put the broom through the kitchen, he's got plenty of the house to go. WTTID.

Good Article and not far off the mark. Give it time and this means into 2018. Some of us are too hard on Brooks. With the better pack in front of him he will be a better player. Those of us that think that Cleary was going to change things overnight should get a reality check.
Not an article mate, just my post! I am a journalism student at uni though so that might be showing up hahaha

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:12 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:10 am
I have no idea what Ivan is doing or thinking but , this could be part of the reason we are crap
Coach gets punted after a few games
The big 4 only 1 stays
Ivan comes in with a green light to buy up big for next year and he has with 6 signed and 2 already here
Ivan still has more players to buy Apparently , so that's around 3/4 of a team

All this must make players a bit worried , cause there is going to be a clean out right down the line

Brooks needs decent pack around him before will call for his head , he won't have a chance next year to play crap he will get punted into 2 grade there will be no excuses ,

The players who want to stay will need to,pick it up now we are rock bottom and players like young Matt has come into the team and gone pretty well up front
The players should be aiming up and competing for the limited spots on the bus then, wouldn't you think? Some of them just do not have it. Some of them may stay on as depth players and spend most of 2018, if not all, challenging for an ISC title and coming through when injury strikes.

If pride isn't a motivator, they should all be putting in for no other reason than to secure a contract elsewhere.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:18 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:20 am
Wow, Ivan has inherited a team that showed at the back end of last year where it was really at.

The numpty 3 threw one liners to the press basically accusing their team mates of not having the ability to compete week in week out. Moses leaves mid year and continues to bag his team mates.

We have regular first graders (not world beaters) injured, play a number of halves variations using players that IMO should be playing at best state cup. we haven't had woods and Teddy for a number of games.

We are at least competing in our games of late with the ordinary side we have.

The only thing i would have a go at Cleary about is his selection of Lovett, that guy just isn't a 1st grade footballer. He runs with no real venom and drops the ball at least once every game. I cant recall who but someone posted "has lovett not dropped a ball in a game he has played. i would go further and say has lovett not dropped a ball in an attacking position in a game he has played.

Save the knives for next year folks. Hopefully we will only need them for carving up the opposition!
Great post.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:18 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

[/quote]

I think you're onto something here.

Lets face it, you have 16 teams in the comp and us starting almost at ground zero. Even if we are rebuilding, the other sides are built. To win a game you either need to be better then the other side, better in a specific weakpoint or lucky.
We are never lucky!
We are not better then anyone but possibly Newcastle at the moment.

While we have a good fullback and Lolohea seems to be a little dangerous. We really don't have a front bench that can challenge and our backs aren't great.

So our only chance to win is to rebuild. Fire Ivan? Not unless a better person really steps up (i.e. Craig Bellamy moves to Sydney).

Yes our attacking options have sucked too. I am heavily concerned that Ivan basically got the warriors to the finals once and was punted from Penrith. However if we become a grounds for coach rotation (which we have) then I wonder what we will become.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:20 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:30 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Did the club think think that Brooks was just going to morph into a top gun half. They stuffed up his developement, I just hope that they haven't left it to late .
They all can't be top gun halves... Guy like Dan Mortimer, McCrone, Robson all would've had high hopes also at careers beginnings.
Gus iirc called him a boy... That's what he looks and sounds like... Maybe he just don't have it and we've backed another non place getter as per
Exactly. Maybe he will come good but it won't be the club who gets him to come good. All the club can do is give him an opportunity. It's his talent and work ethic that matters the most.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:41 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:08 am
Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
Say what you want...if things don't improve next year, I'm out.

No finals series in 8 years is a joke and I don't want any part of it. Done with the game.
You may not find that as easy as you think
I lost interest for a whole decade
Need more props.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:46 am

oldprop wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:41 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:08 am
Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
Say what you want...if things don't improve next year, I'm out.

No finals series in 8 years is a joke and I don't want any part of it. Done with the game.
You may not find that as easy as you think
I lost interest for a whole decade
Because of the merger and/or Super League?

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:50 am

Earl wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:20 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:30 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Exactly. Maybe he will come good but it won't be the club who gets him to come good. All the club can do is give him an opportunity. It's his talent and work ethic that matters the most.
I said in another thread,some players like Brooks are world beaters in their own age group,however when given the opportunity to play in the NRL arena,they just cant cut it and step up to that level,Im quite prepared to give him a chance next year with a transformed roster,if he doesnt improve then he should look elsewhere.
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:56 am

My mail has Webster and his assistants coaching/running the team still. Cleary is there in an over-sight/mentoring capacity and hasnt done much with the current team.

His focus is on building towards 'next year', so its clear he will fit in at Tigerland!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:03 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:56 am
My mail has Webster and his assistants coaching/running the team still. Cleary is there in an over-sight/mentoring capacity and hasnt done much with the current team.

His focus is on building towards 'next year', so its clear he will fit in at Tigerland!
Doesn't make any sense to me. Surely Clearly would want to be coaching the current players to get better, especially the ones that will be with us in the coming years.

You would think Cleary would be working hard with the team and looking to improve the games of Brooks, Suli, Liddle etc all that have long term futures at the club.

I know that in some world football clubs the manager is only the over seerer and the work is done by the assistant coaches but I don't think Cleary would want that to occur unless he had handpicked his own coaching staff in full.