**Live Game Thread**

stryker

Re: **Live Game Thread**

Post by stryker » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:25 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:09 pm
And here come all the NRL coaches with their valuable experience and insight...
:roll and thats different to what you write how?

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:29 pm

It was certainly the worst game I have seen Woods play. I thought the effort by the team was great - just some really dumb 5th tackle options and the usual 'coach killer' mistakes. Lolo is brilliant on his feet, but some poor defense. Terrible misses by Kev and one very poor effort by the big E. Still, I wasn't expecting a win but was hoping for a competitive effort - and that's what we got.
I'm still optimistic for next year.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:31 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:18 pm
Earl wrote:
stryker wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:05 pm
Earl wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:03 pm
Our best players are so overrated. Tedesco is quality but he has holes in his game. Brooks is basically a running halfback with not much more to his game. Woods is close to the worst (If not the worst) prop every to play SOO.
Brooks is not a halfback. He is a running 5/8. Its been apparent for many years.
He has more to his game than just his running game but that is definitely the strength of his game. He put in some really good kicks today.
Some really good kicks? Brooks is the bloke who was playing 7 for us today.
He put in some great kicks. There was the bomb that Tedesco chased and Edwards knocked on and there were plenty close to as good as that.

Compare him to Cleary today who is highly rated. He was just as good around the park if not better. Cleary's goal kicking was better but that was it.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:31 pm

Mistake by our hooker = try
Marsters misses a tackle = try
Kev misses a tackle = try

Everyone is blaming Brooks?

During the Sharks' game, it was obvious Marsters has a lot of talent but needs to learn to defend better in the centres. He is a rookie making rookie mistakes.

There is a huge difference in skill between Liddle and MM. Had Liddle been playing, I feel the match would have been even closer.

Mistakes and dumb penalties (Nofo, Sue) really hurt,

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:36 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:31 pm

During the Sharks' game, it was obvious Marsters has a lot of talent but needs to learn to defend better in the centres. He is a rookie making rookie mistakes.

There is a huge difference in skill between Liddle and MM. Had Liddle been playing, I feel the match would have been even closer.

You have to look at the game holisticaly. Those guys missed tackles sure but it was the field position we were in when they missed them that mattered. Yes pathetic handling and turnovers contributed to our poor field position but so did the game management of Luke. He has zero clue.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:37 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:

Really good post but Nofo didn't deserve to be penalised for his flop. Yes he dropped the ball but it's harsh to give him a hard time based on how good he was all game.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:42 pm

Well done by the boys today and also the coach ...the corner has been turned ,can not expect everything to happen all at once the goal line defence was excellent ..the attitude was great ..execution was the problem that will change with the influx of new players in the off season .As with everybody else get frustrated by the silly penalties by the same culprits .

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:43 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:42 pm
Well done by the boys today and also the coach ...the corner has been turned ,can not expect everything to happen all at once the goal line defence was excellent ..the attitude was great ..execution was the problem that will change with the influx of new players in the off season .As with everybody else get frustrated by the silly penalties by the same culprits .
Fair comment and good post. Have to remember also the Panthers may be one team with cap issues. :D

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:44 pm

Earl wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:37 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:

Really good post but Nofo didn't deserve to be penalised for his flop. Yes he dropped the ball but it's harsh to give him a hard time based on how good he was all game.
We just have to learn to be a smarter team and not give the referee a reason to award a penalty,

Post by 851 » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:49 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:36 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:

You have to look at the game holisticaly. Those guys missed tackles sure but it was the field position we were in when they missed them that mattered. Yes pathetic handling and turnovers contributed to our poor field position but so did the game management of Luke. He has zero clue.
This is our problem, and we need a fix before next year, hope you are NRL ready Tyson Gamble, because Brooks is a dud
Go hard or go home

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:50 pm

We again missed too many tackles, our kicking game was poor, and we made too many handling errors.
If only our halves can somehow copy Tedesco's short kicks :crazy
We definitely need new goal kicker for the next year, unfortunately Lolohea is not the answer.
We were better than 28:14.
Go Tigers :sign:

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:21 pm

Earl wrote:
stryker wrote:
Earl wrote:
stryker wrote:

Brooks is not a halfback. He is a running 5/8. Its been apparent for many years.
He has more to his game than just his running game but that is definitely the strength of his game. He put in some really good kicks today.
He put in some great kicks. There was the bomb that Tedesco chased and Edwards knocked on and there were plenty close to as good as that.

Compare him to Cleary today who is highly rated. He was just as good around the park if not better. Cleary's goal kicking was better but that was it.
Please post here the exact time on the clock where Brooks put in a good kick.
Because I made a point to comment on every kick Brooks put in today on this live thread, and I don't recall any that I'd consider good. I seriously doubt if some people actually watch the game before commenting on here fair dinkim.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:22 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:17 pm
I hate to say it but ,,,we kept the wrong number 7
Even blind Freddy could see that .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:25 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:21 pm
Earl wrote:
stryker wrote:
Earl wrote:

Because I made a point to comment on every kick Brooks put in today on this live thread, and I don't recall any that I'd consider good. I seriously doubt if some people actually watch the game before commenting on here fair dinkim.
I was at the game on the 10 meter line down the northern end Brook's kicks were pathetic .
The Penrith fullback had a month of Sunday's to catch everything Brooks put up .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:26 pm

TIGER wrote:
Earl wrote:
stryker wrote:
Earl wrote:

I wonder if you even read my post. I didn't give the exact time but if you watched the game you will see that he put in plenty of good kicks. He did put in plenty of bad ones as well.

I don't watch the game and write down the exact times that Brooks does something. What I do though is watch the game and use some common sense. He was nowhere near as bad as what has been stated on here. He made a great run to score a try. His defence was pretty decent. He put in a fair few decent kicks including one that Edwards knocked on because it was perfectly place.

I suggest you go and watch the game again because you obviously didn't watch it or you have no idea.

kafta

Post by kafta » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:31 pm

TIGER wrote:
Earl wrote:
stryker wrote:
Earl wrote:

At 6:20 pm he kicked the soap into Twal's falafel's.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:48 pm

The team was determined today I'll give them that . But when your halfback is garbage and your hooker isn't much better add to that your marquee fullback runs like a crab and your supposed best forward backs into the line like a beaten up delivery truck and fails to deliver anything, plus having 61 missed tackles , the result was inevitable.
This teams puss !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 8:45 pm

Earl wrote:
stryker wrote:
Earl wrote:
stryker wrote:

Cleary is far less experienced yet is cool under pressure and assesses the situation far better. He is also constantly working the opposition over following and implementing the game plan to a tee. He gains smart field possesion and doesnt need a highlights reel for people to see his contributions and class....and his side scored double the points his rival's did, not including a few other disallowed tries.