Thu 01 Mar, 2018 10:33 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 28 Feb, 2018 5:22 pm
Harvey wrote:
Wed 28 Feb, 2018 5:17 pm
At least he still has his manbag
It's a satchel! Indiana Jones has one!
Says a lot about Indiana Jones.
He had his sidekick Chewbacca adorn one in his other pursuit.

trafford10

Post by trafford10 » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 1:36 pm

Manly in the picture now?

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 1:40 pm

NRL 2018: Manly contemplating a lifeline for Moses Suli
The Mole
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/03/02/12/ ... i-lifeline

Manly is considering throwing Moses Suli a lifeline after the troubled star was sacked by two clubs in the space of 27 days.

Wide World of Sports has been told Suli - sent packing by both the Tigers and Bulldogs in quick succession in recent weeks - was spotted at Manly’s northern beaches headquarters this morning.

The Sea Eagles are prepared to add the 19-year-old to their roster - but on strict conditions.

Both Canterbury and the Tigers released Suli, claiming his attitude was not good enough and he had trouble getting to training on time.

But Manly’s stumbling block could be the salary cap saga that is still going on.

The club has been told it cannot sign any new players until the cap situation is sorted out with the NRL.

Suli is a talented winger/centre who was put on big dollars by the Tigers before ever playing an NRL game.

Manly believe the events of the past month have taught him a hard lesson - and he may be ready to make the most of his talents now.

Dan Blanco

Post by Dan Blanco » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 2:15 pm

Cause his buddies won the 20's last year? To think that they're still under investigation for CP fraud and they pull this stunt with a vulnerable Suli genuinely disgusts me. They're not Sea Eagles - they're common vultures.

Mitchell Moses & Co. threatened the mental health card when they sought a (second) release to join the Eels - but where's the duty of care for Suli?.
It was just the other day
when his handlers said he needed time off from the game in order to reevaluate things & deal with personal issues. If there was any duty of care, Suli would and should have been a no-fly zone.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 2:20 pm

Cannot see how any club offering him yet another chance is showing neglect for Suli's welfare. Where is the problem in them expressing interest in him IF they can get their cap problems cleared by the NRL?
Clubs are damned if they do and damned if they dont apparently.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 2:28 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 02 Mar, 2018 2:20 pm
Cannot see how any club offering him yet another chance is showing neglect for Suli's welfare. Where is the problem in them expressing interest in him IF they can get their cap problems cl3ared by the NRL?
This is just a club taking a advantage of a situation. They will offer peanuts and set high goals so they can terminate him easily. I think its the last thing the kid needs and he should seek out help and maybe even go back to the mounties as they have offered support to him.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 2:44 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Fri 02 Mar, 2018 2:28 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Cannot see how any club offering him yet another chance is showing neglect for Suli's welfare. Where is the problem in them expressing interest in him IF they can get their cap problems cl3ared by the NRL?
This is just a club taking a advantage of a situation. They will offer peanuts and set high goals so they can terminate him easily. I think its the last thing the kid needs and he should seek out help and maybe even go back to the mounties as they have offered support to him.
Well honestly, doesn't matter how high the goals are they set him. If he has realised the life opportunity he has thrown away in the last few days and wants to make a go of his footy career then he will do whatever it takes, just like Eisenhuth and plenty of others who have overcome adversity and made a good go of playing in the NRL. If he doesn't want it enough, then that is on him TBH.
Why would Mounties offer him support? Because he's a good player and they want him at their club obviously. Are they taking advantage of Suli then? Same situation either way.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 3:36 pm

There are a few clubs out there that will do anything if they think it will give them advantage. In Suli's case Manly are doing it for one reason and I don't think its got anything to do with the kids welfare.

Also would they be doing the kid a favour, I have my doubts. I think a stint back in park footy and a hard job might be the best road for Moses. Fingers crossed he might come back a man

willow

Post by willow » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 3:44 pm

Can't see him handling the trip to Manly particularly well, unless the club moves him to Brookvale.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 3:48 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 02 Mar, 2018 3:44 pm
Can't see him handling the trip to Manly particularly well, unless the club moves him to Brookvale.
Might need a bed in the dressing room to get him to training on time.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 3:53 pm

Talent is the most common thing in the world but self discipline and a good work ethic is a very hard thing to find in a person

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 4:06 pm

DH fit right in at Manly
We will smash em 50+ get on.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 6:11 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 2:21 pm
Clifferd wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 3:17 pm
He lost his dad at an early age. No doubt probably still affects him today, I dont know him personally but it wouldn’t be far fetched to say he has lacked guidance (as said above) to lead him to where he is today
We really dodged a bullet there.

Typical millennial.
Typically ignorant of you col
You really have no idea

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 6:21 pm

If a club can support him and help him develop as a person , then it’s a good think. Rugby League is one sport that can help some young men turn their life around
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 6:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 02 Mar, 2018 6:11 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
He lost his dad at an early age. No doubt probably still affects him today, I dont know him personally but it wouldn’t be far fetched to say he has lacked guidance (as said above) to lead him to where he is today

Typical millennial.
You really have no idea
Yes it is. Depression doesn't discriminate. The NRL should really step in. He should not be allowed to sign with another club so soon. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know he needs time away from the game.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 7:22 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Fri 02 Mar, 2018 6:32 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 02 Mar, 2018 6:11 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Clifferd wrote:

Typical millennial.
You really have no idea
Yes it is. Depression doesn't discriminate. The NRL should really step in. He should not be allowed to sign with another club so soon. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know he needs time away from the game.
×2

Agreed. The Nrl should step in and say that he can be contracted next year. A year off to get his head right with some honest hard work and family time and he might change his attitude.

On a sidenote if the Nrl doesnt deduct points from Manly, Parra and Storm will go off big time. Needs to be sorted now.

Wounded magpie

Post by Wounded magpie » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 8:14 pm

Should Suli's negotiations with Manly not progress, don't be surprised to see him return to the Wests Tigers in some form (ie turn out for the Magpies)
Crazy I know however it would tick all the boxes in respect to player welfare etc

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 8:20 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Cannot see how any club offering him yet another chance is showing neglect for Suli's welfare. Where is the problem in them expressing interest in him IF they can get their cap problems cleared by the NRL?
Clubs are damned if they do and damned if they dont apparently.
I agree FB