Why pressure won't get to Luke Brooks in 2018

andrew 474

Re: Why pressure won't get to Luke Brooks in 2018

Post by andrew 474 » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:00 am

I think Brooks will.be much better with Josh as his Partner in the Halves but with Packer coming to,us adds some Starch , and when a player like Packer comes in others will follow like Big Ben and Alex and the houf , which means teams may be on the back foot a bit and Brooks and Josh can play some Footy , we didn't get teams on the back foot as we had no Mongrel , now we do

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:09 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 8:24 am
Munk wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2018 11:01 pm
If anyone seriously believes this kid has not taken everything from the club and given back next to zero, then they have not been paying attention. It could be argued the only reason he is still here is because no one else wanted him.
He better get with the programme fast as the pressure is certainly upon him.
Ah! Hello - I think he knows this. As do we all.

Talk about State the bleedin' obvious.
The pressure has been on him for quite awhile now,but he keeps his spot week in week out...its time for him to have a very good look at his game and start doing what he can to win games...for the team not himself..be honest,the WTs have carried this guy for years on the hope that he will produce,2018 is his year or we can start looking for someone else..HE HAS HAD PLENTY OF TIME AND CHANCES...
I know I will be bombarded by the Brooks fans,but realistically he is a lot more mature now and has a fair bit of NRL experience behind him,the team need him to lead them around the park consistently and confidently,I hope he can step up and show the NRL world just what the hype was all about...good luck Luke...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:21 am

I don't think Brooks has been that bad. I'm serious as well. I watch other teams and they also have halves that struggle.

I'm just as concerned about Reynolds, Tui & Liddle. I think every player in our spine has the potential to be good or a dud.

I think we just need the whole team to perform next year because there are a bunch of teams with really good rosters. To beat these teams we need to be completely on our game.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:38 am

Team Sport..Earl..?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 10:19 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:38 am
Team Sport..Earl..?
It is a team sport. We need everyone to perform. We don't have any stars either.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 10:54 am

Earl wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 10:19 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:38 am
Team Sport..Earl..?
It is a team sport. We need everyone to perform. We don't have any stars either.

No just Luke it appears..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Munk

Post by Munk » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 12:51 pm

Russell wrote:
Munk wrote:
If anyone seriously believes this kid has not taken everything from the club and given back next to zero, then they have not been paying attention. It could be argued the only reason he is still here is because no one else wanted him.

He knows this does he? Youd think he would have done something about it by now surely?
The clown who wrote the article doesnt seem to agree. I dont think you do either.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 1:33 pm

Earl wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:21 am
I don't think Brooks has been that bad. I'm serious as well. I watch other teams and they also have halves that struggle.

I'm just as concerned about Reynolds, Tui & Liddle. I think every player in our spine has the potential to be good or a dud.

I think we just need the whole team to perform next year because there are a bunch of teams with really good rosters. To beat these teams we need to be completely on our game.
Earl,Reynolds and Tui have shown plenty of talent and have gone on in the NRL,Brooks has been with us since a junior and has plenty of talent apparently,but must show that he can get us to play finals football,not just win a game here and there ..
After all he is touted to be a great playmaker and now is the season to prove his worth to this side..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 3:26 pm

The one thing in Luke's defence is that his induction to fulltime FG has been hardly ideal. It has been fraught with controversy, poor leadership, a below par roster, and transient coaching teams and systems.
Alot will still depend on how the team gels around him this year and we all are unsure how that will pan out. However if it doesnt go well Im expecting he will be one of the prime targets.

Post by 851 » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 4:11 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:09 am
Russell wrote:
Munk wrote:

The pressure has been on him for quite awhile now,but he keeps his spot week in week out...its time for him to have a very good look at his game and start doing what he can to win games...for the team not himself..be honest,the WTs have carried this guy for years on the hope that he will produce,2018 is his year or we can start looking for someone else..HE HAS HAD PLENTY OF TIME AND CHANCES...
I know I will be bombarded by the Brooks fans,but realistically he is a lot more mature now and has a fair bit of NRL experience behind him,the team need him to lead them around the park consistently and confidently,I hope he can step up and show the NRL world just what the hype was all about...good luck Luke...
I agree 100%, he has had a free ride til now because we had no one decent to take over, not anymore though.
Go hard or go home

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 4:29 pm

Munk wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 12:51 pm
Russell wrote:
Munk wrote:

He knows this does he? Youd think he would have done something about it by now surely?
The clown who wrote the article doesnt seem to agree. I dont think you do either.
He needs the players around him, or does he carry dopes on his back.
E.g. Lovett, Simona (I'll bet on the other team), Tedesco (give me the ball and I'll go myself or pass forward), Moses (the tanker) etc.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear - this year at least he has a leather purse.

In 2018 he has the coach, he has the players, he has a recognised, experienced 5/8, a full back that passes the ball etc.

Yes, this year is his first big chance to see if he can do it. He knows that, he has said it countless times, I am sure Cleary has told him as well.

We'll see how he goes in 2018.

Saying he needs to prove himself, this is his last chance, fail and your out etc. - we all know this and so does he.

Do you think he has dementia that you have to keep saying the same thing. Lol

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 5:01 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 1:33 pm
Earl wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:21 am

Earl,Reynolds and Tui have shown plenty of talent and have gone on in the NRL,Brooks has been with us since a junior and has plenty of talent apparently,but must show that he can get us to play finals football,not just win a game here and there ..
After all he is touted to be a great playmaker and now is the season to prove his worth to this side..
Agreed with the above. Tui, Liddle and our newcomers on the back row can have a season to prove themselves.
Brooks, if I was Cleary I would give him 6 games. then Marshall is starting 7.
That being said:
Brooks has good speed and I think has a stack of talent.
He has poor game management, he is softly spoken.
He has poor 5th tackle options/kicking hasn't been great.

Maybe he isn't a half but a 5/8 or Fullback? Robert Lui has been the only halfback since Scott Prince to actually lead us somewhere, but when they have lead we have made the top 4. Do we have the wrong player in 7?

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 5:08 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 8:46 am
A halves combination of Brooks and Reynolds is greater than a halves combo of Brooks and Moses.
Worse halves combos than Brooks-Reynolds:

Foran-Frawley(Bulldogs), Austin-Sezer(Raiders), Green-Johnson(Warriors), Moylan-Townsend(Sharks). So, I have 4 teams with worse halves combos than us.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 6:04 pm

Going off Reynolds podcast I don't think anyone is guaranteed a starting spot as yet. Its all up for grabs.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 19 Jan, 2018 10:47 am

Tacky wrote:
Thu 18 Jan, 2018 5:08 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
A halves combination of Brooks and Reynolds is greater than a halves combo of Brooks and Moses.

Foran-Frawley(Bulldogs), Austin-Sezer(Raiders), Green-Johnson(Warriors), Moylan-Townsend(Sharks). So, I have 4 teams with worse halves combos than us.
A few untested there... like ours.
Makes me wonder how Moses and Reynolds would go together.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Jan, 2018 11:21 am

Tacky wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

Take Green and Johnson in a heartbeat

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Fri 19 Jan, 2018 11:29 am

Tacky wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

I think Storm, Broncos, Manly, Parra, Rabbitohs and Titans are also worse off than us.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Jan, 2018 12:09 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Fri 19 Jan, 2018 11:29 am
Tacky wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

I think Storm, Broncos, Manly, Parra, Rabbitohs and Titans are also worse off than us.
Yet a fair few of those sides will finish above us .......what gives I wonder

The players around them I guess , penetrating back rowers and quality 1,3,4 and 9's