Re: Reynolds: "Nobody thinks they're better than anyone here"

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 7:08 am

sideline eye wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:54 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:15 pm
Fibros wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 7:37 pm
I would like to see Brooks step up and demand to be captain of his team.
Sorry Fibros but no way. I have never bagged Brooks on this forum but judging from interviews etc he simply doesn’t have the smarts to be captain
Watching Brooks in his video profile, he seems to have a lisp which would stop him from enunciating well. That would probably cause the casual observer to conclude that he may not have very high intelligence but that may or may not be the case. I say good on him for having the courage to speak in front of the camera and we should give him credit for that.

Intelligence apart though, I think he'll have enough on his plate without even thinking about captaincy and anyway, there are far more qualified contenders for the job than Luke.
I agree. The lisp may also affect his confidence as a speaker. In the past, I have adjudged him as lacking confidence based on his speaking performances. I'll let his footy do the talking.
"Quality Stupidity"

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:36 am

Still not sold on Reynolds as our 5/8.....we could've gotten Watson, a younger, ball running player for half the price had we waited...but I sincerely hope Reynolds proves to be a great foil for Brooks and turns out to be our buy of the year..

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:51 am

tigerap wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:36 am
Still not sold on Reynolds as our 5/8.....we could've gotten Watson, a younger, ball running player for half the price had we waited...but I sincerely hope Reynolds proves to be a great foil for Brooks and turns out to be our buy of the year..
I disagree we needed an older more experienced player in the halves with him.Reynolds fits that description and has a lot of passion hopefully Ivan can channel that passion,

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:54 am

tigerap wrote:
I'm a little more confident, in that I think Reynolds biggest asset to our club is his competitiveness. He is a player who isn't best in the world in his position, but his drive to win and compete is as strong as anyone in the league, which is exactly what we needed.

I think he is ideally suited to Brooks, in that Reynolds will motivate other players to get in the line quicker, get off the line quicker, find that extra energy when exhausted that only comes from passion and a strong drive to win. Brooks can focus on organising a play or two here and there, and actually play off the team's momentum instead of having to create the team's momentum which is not Brooks' strong suit.

Watson, although potentially very talented, is another Tui Lolohea - possibly great value but a risk, he could go either way. We don't need another one of them in our spine, with our hooker (Liddle) also in that category. We needed someone with seasoned experience in our spine, and Reynolds fits that well.

Like you mate, fingers crossed it all comes together. But Cleary I think seems to have a very good plan.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:56 am

jadtiger wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:51 am
tigerap wrote:
I disagree we needed an older more experienced player in the halves with him.Reynolds fits that description and has a lot of passion hopefully Ivan can channel that passion,
lol, I took three times as many words to say the same thing as you mate. :lol:
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

barra

Post by barra » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 1:20 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:46 pm

The bit that I thought you guys would be up in arms about is when he conceded he would not make a good captain because his too much of a hothead on the field and as such would have a tough time getting the respect from the referees.

Finally it was mentioned that Chris Lawrence will most likely be captain.
Is that for Second Grade because all I’ve read is that no one even expects Chris to be in the starting side at all.

If he is replaced by McQueen as a lot of suggestions have been made his only going to be club captain or captain of NSW Cup.
I for one hope that if he does get picked captain and a starting spot that he remains fit and firing.

It’s a tough decision who ever you pick most likely won’t be on the field for 80.

Here is a left field one.
Kev and play him permanently on the left wing???
I think most of us don't have Chris in our best 17. But if I was a gambling man I'd wager big that a starting position will be his to lose, and bet a few bucks he'll be captain as well.

Best bet could be that he co-captains with ET.

But I agree with Josh about him being captain - that may not end too well!

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 2:30 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:54 am
tigerap wrote:
I'm a little more confident, in that I think Reynolds biggest asset to our club is his competitiveness. He is a player who isn't best in the world in his position, but his drive to win and compete is as strong as anyone in the league, which is exactly what we needed.

I think he is ideally suited to Brooks, in that Reynolds will motivate other players to get in the line quicker, get off the line quicker, find that extra energy when exhausted that only comes from passion and a strong drive to win. Brooks can focus on organising a play or two here and there, and actually play off the team's momentum instead of having to create the team's momentum which is not Brooks' strong suit.

Watson, although potentially very talented, is another Tui Lolohea - possibly great value but a risk, he could go either way. We don't need another one of them in our spine, with our hooker (Liddle) also in that category. We needed someone with seasoned experience in our spine, and Reynolds fits that well.

Like you mate, fingers crossed it all comes together. But Cleary I think seems to have a very good plan.

yeah, well put response...Have to say its great to finally have a coach in Cleary who seems to have a plan of his own rather than a plan to appease....