BENJI IMPRESSES TIGERS

Fade To Black

Re: BENJI IMPRESSES TIGERS

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 6:23 am

Sorry tigerap but I'm sure most WT's fans want Benji to be busting his gut to be in the starting 13- if he happens to be showing more form or committment than either Brooks or Reynolds then that is no fault of his.
We don't need him to be sitting back thinking "I'm just here for the paycheck and to bludge" ala Bwaith in his time at our club. Benji's greatest indication of mentoring will be by training and working his hardest to set an example of leadership and effort for Brooks and Reynolds to aspire to and admire.
Rip in Benj.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 6:40 am

27654494_10213151721000411_1072240683892816420_n.jpg
27654494_10213151721000411_1072240683892816420_n.jpg (80.16 KiB) Viewed 578 times
Benji Marshall at Wests SG Ball and HM training passing on his expertise to the next gen halves...Well done Benji..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 7:47 am

I think Benji is here because his still got that drive to play at the highest level and all that comes with it. Pushing his body physically and mentally trying to compete for a position and be in a ready state incase he needs to slot in. He wants to finish his playing career at the tigers and still has that drive but proably also has one eye on the future.
His mentoring role this year whilst still playing will be the perfect Segway for what’s to come. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Benji part of the Balmain or West’s juniors or West Tigers coaching staff next year.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 9:43 am

Harvey wrote:
Mon 05 Feb, 2018 7:15 pm
Tyson Gamble is 189cm. Why did we sign him? If he is going to have a future at the club, we need to get some taller outside backs.
We really need our recruitment to look at player height more seriously and try to get our entire club all the same height.
Maybe we can hook up a sponsorship with Stanley, Lufkin or Trojan.

It's pretty obvious our major problem is we are vertically challenged and need uniformity across the board.
Even people with "big hair" (that means you Kev) need to be forced to have a clip as it gives the illusion of height which no doubt throws off the passers ability to calculate how high they need to pass the ball when delivering it to the "big haired" ones.

Someone needs to be given the task of calculating the average height of the entire roster, then letting all the short and tall players negotiate with other clubs.
This team won't be a force until it is height corrected!!!
We can't expect them to be able to pass a ball to each other if their heads aren't all the same distance from the ground now can we?

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 12:59 pm

TIGER wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 9:43 am
Harvey wrote:
Tyson Gamble is 189cm. Why did we sign him? If he is going to have a future at the club, we need to get some taller outside backs.
We really need our recruitment to look at player height more seriously and try to get our entire club all the same height.

It's pretty obvious our major problem is we are vertically challenged and need uniformity across the board.
Even people with "big hair" (that means you Kev) need to be forced to have a clip as it gives the illusion of height which no doubt throws off the passers ability to calculate how high they need to pass the ball when delivering it to the "big haired" ones.

Someone needs to be given the task of calculating the average height of the entire roster, then letting all the short and tall players negotiate with other clubs.
We can't expect them to be able to pass a ball to each other if their heads aren't all the same distance from the ground now can we?
Wouldn't think the team will reach any great heights, if this is not looked at immediately!!!! :lol:

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:15 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 12:59 pm
TIGER wrote:
Harvey wrote:

Wouldn't think the team will reach any great heights, if this is not looked at immediately!!!! :lol:
Fair dinkum,I have never read so much crap in all my life....It doesnt matter how tall you are if you learn to pass the ball to your team mate irrespective of his hieght and it hits him on the chest ..then the pass has been delivered correctly..
Greg Haywick..played 5/8 for Aust in 1956....he coached me for 2 years and thats how we were taught to pass the ball...put it on the chest....
go on all start calling me a dinasaur or whatever...its basic fundamentals of playing the game,exactly the same as we were coached to pass back behind not flat or forward....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:25 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:15 pm

Fair dinkum,I have never read so much crap in all my life....It doesnt matter how tall you are if you learn to pass the ball to your team mate irrespective of his hieght and it hits him on the chest ..then the pass has been delivered correctly..
Greg Haywick..played 5/8 for Aust in 1956....he coached me for 2 years and thats how we were taught to pass the ball...put it on the chest....
go on all start calling me a dinasaur or whatever...its basic fundamentals of playing the game,exactly the same as we were coached to pass back behind not flat or forward....

This phenomenon started a page back you dinosaur ....have a read of colMcd's post

get with the times and new found training methods..like setting up the Rex Mossop pass the ball comp at training..practice hitting the 3's n 5's for the taller guys..the 7's n 10's for the normal heights and below that for the short asses...
Ivan's Laws

happy tiger wrote:

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:29 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:25 pm
TrueTiger wrote:

This phenomenon started a page back you dinosaur ....have a read of colMcd's post

get with the times and new found training methods..like setting up the Rex Mossop pass the ball comp at training..practice hitting the 3's n 5's for the taller guys..the 7's n 10's for the normal heights and below that for the short asses...
Sorry mate,not familiar with the new found training methods....it still is rugby league isnt it GEO..a very simple game..or so I thought.... :roll

cochise

Post by cochise » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:40 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Harvey wrote:

They are winding up colmcd about his comments that certain players are too short to play in the halves as it effects their passing. No one is agreeing with him and are just being facetious.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:45 pm

cochise wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:40 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
TIGER wrote:

They are winding up colmcd about his comments that certain players are too short to play in the halves as it effects their passing. No one is agreeing with him and are just being facetious.
Cheers mate,I was being cynical myself..but its true what I have said,thats how I was coached...

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:58 pm

Russell wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Harvey wrote:

Well, that's the long and the short of it!
"Quality Stupidity"

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 3:07 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:58 pm
Russell wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Harvey wrote:

Well, that's the long and the short of it!
:roll

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 4:04 pm

This thread title needs to be changed lol - Height and its impact on team performance, especially passing ability (and Rex Mossop training methods)

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 4:29 pm

So Alfie was too short and Evans is too tall.

Wow. I am going to take a bex now and have a little snoozie.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 6:54 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 6:23 am
Sorry tigerap but I'm sure most WT's fans want Benji to be busting his gut to be in the starting 13- if he happens to be showing more form or committment than either Brooks or Reynolds then that is no fault of his.
We don't need him to be sitting back thinking "I'm just here for the paycheck and to bludge" ala Bwaith in his time at our club. Benji's greatest indication of mentoring will be by training and working his hardest to set an example of leadership and effort for Brooks and Reynolds to aspire to and admire.
Rip in Benj.
This.

All spots should be up for grabs.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 7:04 pm

Prefer a pass to hit around 2 feet in front of you and at hip height myself , hands don't need to do much then

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 7:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 7:04 pm
Prefer a pass to hit around 2 feet in front of you and at hip height myself , hands don't need to do much then
few years back there was a good chance benji could hit you with one of those mate, depending how good your seats were.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm

ye ole rowZZ..
Ivan's Laws

happy tiger wrote: