Open training session

Eddie

Re: Open training session

Post by Eddie » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 9:14 pm

Not long mate. Once we get into February and the trials I reckon.

Not a whole lot to talk about yet besides speculating how we might go or who might plat.

Thanks anyway.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 11:12 pm

steve-o wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 6:07 pm
Tacky wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 5:41 pm
Needaname wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 5:28 pm
Good thing for season goes for 25 rounds.
You can bet your bottom dollar if he doesn’t have the fullback match fitness by round one he sure as hell will have it at the business end.
Personally I think being Tongan he naturally has a larger frame. He does have massive legs but they don’t look oversized, just powerful.
Could be his upper body is trimming down getting more defined which probably explains the weight increase.
Photos can be deceiving.
But if his first choice, he’ll be fit.
But, the season goes for 26 rounds?????????

And hopefully ours goes for 30........
It's been reduced to 25 rounds in 2017 (still 24 games each) as a result of the stand alone origin weekend
Wow I'm so out of the loop......
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 12:22 am

Tacky wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 11:12 pm
steve-o wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 6:07 pm
Tacky wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 5:41 pm
Needaname wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 5:28 pm
Good thing for season goes for 25 rounds.
You can bet your bottom dollar if he doesn’t have the fullback match fitness by round one he sure as hell will have it at the business end.
Personally I think being Tongan he naturally has a larger frame. He does have massive legs but they don’t look oversized, just powerful.
Could be his upper body is trimming down getting more defined which probably explains the weight increase.
Photos can be deceiving.
But if his first choice, he’ll be fit.
But, the season goes for 26 rounds?????????

And hopefully ours goes for 30........
It's been reduced to 25 rounds in 2017 (still 24 games each) as a result of the stand alone origin weekend
Wow I'm so out of the loop......
No, just a little loopy :)

charlii72

Post by charlii72 » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 10:46 pm

I also went to see the boys at this training session.

The gates were opened a lot earlier than advertised, so I was lucky enough to see them run some drills before they went into the opposed session.

Liddle was wearing red bib, so assuming that means no contact, but still participated as much as possible.

There seemed to be a lot more communication than I remember from some games that I have been too. This is a big change that I hope will continue.

There were 3 kickers practicing after the session, but I was sitting too far away and couldn't see who the other 2 with Tui were. Tui's lead up to the kick has changed slightly too.

Then the boys were good enough to go along the fences and thank fans, take photos and sign autographs. A great afternoon.

Can't wait to see the trial at Campbelltown - 4 weeks to go!

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 28 Jan, 2018 1:07 pm

charlii72 wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 10:46 pm

The gates were opened a lot earlier than advertised, so I was lucky enough to see them run some drills before they went into the opposed session.

Liddle was wearing red bib, so assuming that means no contact, but still participated as much as possible.

There seemed to be a lot more communication than I remember from some games that I have been too. This is a big change that I hope will continue.

There were 3 kickers practicing after the session, but I was sitting too far away and couldn't see who the other 2 with Tui were. Tui's lead up to the kick has changed slightly too.

Then the boys were good enough to go along the fences and thank fans, take photos and sign autographs. A great afternoon.

Masters was one of the others kicking I believe

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 28 Jan, 2018 2:19 pm

cochise wrote:
Sun 28 Jan, 2018 1:07 pm
charlii72 wrote:

Corey Thompson maybe? He is a very good goal kicker.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun 28 Jan, 2018 2:43 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 28 Jan, 2018 2:19 pm
cochise wrote:
charlii72 wrote:

Surely Benji was one.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 28 Jan, 2018 3:22 pm

Bob wrote:
Sun 28 Jan, 2018 2:43 pm
magpiecol wrote:
cochise wrote:
charlii72 wrote:

Surely Benji was one.
Milne? Kicked at the WC.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 29 Jan, 2018 8:08 pm

Bob wrote:
Sun 28 Jan, 2018 2:43 pm
magpiecol wrote:
cochise wrote:
charlii72 wrote:

Surely Benji was one.
Benji didn't participate in the training session, unless he was involved before I arrived. I asked a couple of the players where he was and they did say he was around somewhere.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 29 Jan, 2018 11:06 pm

The goal kickers were Lolohea, Milne and Marsters. Reynolds joined them after a while but that seemed more out of fun then anything. Lolo looked the best out of them all.

Benji twinged his calf in a session before the gates opened but apparently it’s nothing to worry about