The Trial Form...

TrueTiger

The Trial Form...

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 9:55 am

Hey fellow forumers,I have read many of the threads and posts regarding our team,the new recruits and the lack of talent within the team..Trials are predominately just that,Ivan has his thoughts and plans for the upcoming season,however he needs a guidline on the players and their positions,fitness and capabilities...
Although many think we will not be all that competitive this year,we may also be surprised at how well we may be going once the team gels and Ivan puts his plans to work...I honestly don't think that there is a need to overeact on a couple of trial games..granted each and everyone of us has an opinion regarding our team,the negativity from some is quite justified,our track record isn't that good in the last few seasons and the criticism is justified..

Lets all wait and see how we emerge as a team in the opening 5/6 games before we become to critical of our team,you know the one we love and support...let Ivan do his job and if things arent going to well then lets unleash fury....but give him the chance first...

Just my opinion and if you think Im out of place with my summation then please feel free to post your criticism .... ;)
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 10:20 am

From memory our first five rounds in the draw are horrible,if we win one or two during this period it will be great and more than expected,however if we drop the first five the doom and gloom scribes will be feasting on our team.Time will tell but I hope this side remains focused and builds momentum as the season progresses.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 10:24 am

I shall remember this thread next time Brooks kicks over the dead ball line...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 10:24 am
Well thats a given apparently,his kicking game is atrocious.....but GEO,give the guy the chance to improve this year,I have and so have others....you may never have to revert to this thread again,that would be nice....

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:38 pm

Chevy wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 10:20 am
From memory our first five rounds in the draw are horrible,if we win one or two during this period it will be great and more than expected,however if we drop the first five the doom and gloom scribes will be feasting on our team.Time will tell but I hope this side remains focused and builds momentum as the season progresses.
You are right Chevy,but,if the team does get beaten in the first 5 games and have performed ammicably and look to improve every game,then that has to be positive signs that we are heading in the right direction..

we havent got a team of "world beaters"but we have had a" world of beatings"in the past,lets hope Ivan can develope his team to become better than we have had or expected to be.....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:41 pm

Lets all wait and see....
I dont think anyones bailing after a poor trial game...most of us will still be here this year, next etc etc touch wood....regardless of how good or crap we are

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:41 pm
I dont think anyones bailing after a poor trial game...most of us will still be here this year, next etc etc touch wood....regardless of how good or crap we are
Yes we will all be here. I myself normally like to be kissed first, but with the Wests Tigers I have learned just to assume the position.

:sign:
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:50 pm

innsaneink wrote:
You’re right ink - we all blow up occasionally but that’s because we crave success. I, like you and most others, will always be a supporter.

BUT, where I get frustrated is the increasingly large gap between the ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’. It’s so frustrating to see the Rorters pick up whoever they like while we are always in the hunt and them miss out at the final hour! Sadly, for now, the elite do not want to be associated with us.

I think and I hope the club is aware and are determined to turn this around.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:50 pm

innsaneink wrote:
I think your right Ink,but I will be excited at kick off for the first game to start the season..My main reason for the excitement is that even after trials,teams gel better and know that when the comp starts,it time to work and earn the dollars....we dont have that poor a team in reality,they just have to improve their game basics and fitness,the rest will come...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 1:55 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:33 pm
Geo. wrote:
Well thats a given apparently,his kicking game is atrocious.....but GEO,give the guy the chance to improve this year,I have and so have others....you may never have to revert to this thread again,that would be nice....

So less of this you reckon..get behind the whole Team..I like it..
TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 12:54 pm
Brooks needs to stop playing in his high heels....it makes kicking so much harder...might even run better...who knows...

:roll
Ivan's Laws

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 1:58 pm

Who said what dont get past Geo

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:15 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 1:55 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

TrueTiger wrote:
Brooks needs to stop playing in his high heels....it makes kicking so much harder...might even run better...who knows...

Exactly GEO we have given him heaps and now is his chance to be a real NRL playmaker....he has been given plenty of chances and now he has a reasonable pack to play behind, and an excellent coach......

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:28 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:15 pm
Geo. wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

TrueTiger wrote:

Exactly GEO we have given him heaps and now is his chance to be a real NRL playmaker....he has been given plenty of chances and now he has a reasonable pack to play behind, and an excellent coach......
No more slipping in the boot..which I thought this thread was about...

Everyone getting behind the team..Yes...?
Ivan's Laws

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:42 pm

A win up in North Queensland against the team that came second last year and a loss to the Sharks who look like a top four side on the face of it is pretty good.

Although after seeing us play out at Cambo on Saturday night I worry if we have the firepower or the class to score enough points to worry most teams.

Sure there is going to be heaps of improvement, but with so many new faces it will take time, but I still come back to three major areas we are lacking in..speed,class and a kicking game..and I am not sure we have the troops who can cover these things.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:43 pm

I'm still not expecting much from the team this year. We'll need a new halfback and fullback before we start going anywhere. 12th or 13th.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 4:26 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:28 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:15 pm
Geo. wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:

TrueTiger wrote:

No more slipping in the boot..which I thought this thread was about...

Everyone getting behind the team..Yes...?
Absolutely mate,I have said my piece about Luke and others over the past seasons,but now is the time for us to support not just the players but the coach as well,he is developing a team to be competative and put us in finals contention....whats not to be excited about ? it may take time,so does alot of things....

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 7:27 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:43 pm
I'm still not expecting much from the team this year. We'll need a new halfback and fullback before we start going anywhere. 12th or 13th.
That seems like a defeatist attitude....get behind the team that Ivan fields,I have confidence this year....

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 7:45 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 7:27 pm
Tacky wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:43 pm
That seems like a defeatist attitude....get behind the team that Ivan fields,I have confidence this year....
Doesn't mean I won't passionately cheer them on every week, it's just what I expect from this year.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.