Tedesco would still be licking his wounds from last week
Put a box of bandaids in his
Brooks is going to sleep with a smile on his face tonight
And Woods at 0 and 2
Go round to his home and give him a big wooden spoon to think about

On ya Brooks

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:00 am

Still a fair bit of work to do. He looks like he is back to his happy self playing a more suitable time under this coach but the pressure is yet to come.

Need to see more, need to see his running game come on more as well.
Its an opinion!

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:42 am

Whats the Old saying

"Winning Fixes Everything"

Our game (as is much of life) is a confidence game.

Ability is there as the player wouldn't get to FG without it, but the next level is in the head.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:51 am

Brooks looks very fit this year and it’s showing in his game. He hasn’t done anything spectacular but is there competing for the full 80 mins this year . He might not be loud and yelling but competing hard with and without the ball.
I thought he was more involved and has made less mistakes than Cronk and Croft when he came up against him. I also don’t think we would have two wins already if we had Moses instead of Brooks.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:56 am

With Benji in control of the games atm,Brooks will only get better and the confidence to take control will lift him to the next level,this is the Brooks we have been waiting for,we are only starting to see it after 2 rounds,come the middle of the season and the backend of the season is where he should ultimately shine....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:19 am

He ran hard tackled hard and kicked well. Really can't complain with how he played. He also kicked a bomb that Slater dropped.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:31 am

The writing was on the wall when he got stuck into Slater early on that he was in for a good night. I think he's doing a great job so far. His defence has improved out of sight and he's doing the job he's been sent out to do. It's amazing what can happen when you have a decent coach.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:38 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:17 am
supercoach wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:12 am
Said it last week, when our previous coach tried to hide Brooks out wide in defence was disastrous, as he he was getting isolated and making a lot of poor reads. Now Cleary has him in the middle or on the edge and he is really tackling well and that flows onto the rest of his game. Certainly having Benji makes a difference
Great point Supercoach , sometimes it is easier to defend in the middle were it is more unlikely you can be isolated

I suggested to another Forum member about at some stage moving Nofoaluma to the forwards , he can't make the bad decisions he does out wide and will rarely get isolated
When I played I always thought centre was the hardest position to defend in, so easy to get isolated and you often had to make on the spot decision, you can say the same about the wing, but often you have the side line as your friend. Anyway thats why I could never understand hiding suspect defenders out wide. Most NRL standard players can tackle a player who is running straight at them.

Just on a side note, Brooks looks so much fitter and stronger than previous seasons and I would imagine that is also helping

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:45 am

This year i’d say that Mitchell Pearce is best defensive half back. He’s always been pretty good in that area. I know a lot of people say you don’t choose a halfback on defence but around the edge of the ruck is where teams are getting the offloads away. What Manly did to Parra yesterday was similar to what Canberra did to us around this time last year.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:34 am

Hoping to see a game from Brooks this week which is a true man of the match performance to really shut all of his critics up

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:43 pm

Who ever worked with Brooks on his defence is a magician

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:31 am

Yossarian wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:33 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:23 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:11 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:31 pm
His try was a big indicator in where the club is right now. He simply wanted it more and was determined to get over the line.
When that try happened the commentators mentioned Brooks looked hungrier than Scott (or whoever the Melbourne centre was)than Brooks was up against
Brooks was also the 1st to the ball on the last play of the game when Storm knocked it on...
After Packer also touched it. Could have been an offside penalty if they hadn't knocked on.
I don't think so Brooks comes from behind the play not from an offside position..this can be seen in the lol at the Storm Highlight Video at 2:45 seconds..so if the Storm hadn't knocked on and Packer did ..it would simply be a Storm Scrum with 5 seconds left..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 3:27 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:31 am
Yossarian wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:33 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:23 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:11 pm

When that try happened the commentators mentioned Brooks looked hungrier than Scott (or whoever the Melbourne centre was)than Brooks was up against
Brooks was also the 1st to the ball on the last play of the game when Storm knocked it on...
After Packer also touched it. Could have been an offside penalty if they hadn't knocked on.
I don't think so Brooks comes from behind the play not from an offside position..this can be seen in the lol at the Storm Highlight Video at 2:45 seconds..so if the Storm hadn't knocked on and Packer did ..it would simply be a Storm Scrum with 5 seconds left..
He's in front of Packer before Packer stops touching the ball - that's how I remember it anyway. I'll take another look when I get a chance.