NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Tiger Steve

Re: Referees and commentators

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 01 Apr, 2018 10:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 01 Apr, 2018 10:03 pm
As long as we win steve
Yeah I’ll cop that!! As long as we win!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 10:14 am

from reddit

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 6:54 pm

Happy with the refs today, the game flowed well when two teams concentrated on playing footy and they still pinged both teams fairly.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 8:51 pm

Just had the misfortune of listening to Rothfield on both 360 and the 7.30 show. This man should not be given airspace. He is arguing strongly that the refs crackdown must stop, that it is ruining the game. Coincidentally, the crackdown effects his team (sharks) more than most. He is always agenda driven and couldn’t lie straight in bed!

Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 8:59 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 8:51 pm
Just had the misfortune of listening to Rothfield on both 360 and the 7.30 show. This man should not be given airspace. He is arguing strongly that the refs crackdown must stop, that it is ruining the game. Coincidentally, the crackdown effects his team (sharks) more than most. He is always agenda driven and couldn’t lie straight in bed!
Totally agree. Rothfield is a fool. Both he and that idiot who wears the red bandana are absolute oxygen thieves. I change channels as soon as i see either of them on TV.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 9:00 pm

Tiger Tim wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 8:59 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Totally agree. Rothfield is a fool. Both he and that idiot who wears the red bandana are absolute oxygen thieves. I change channels as soon as i see either of them on TV.
I agree but I’m running out of shows to watch!!!!!

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 9:15 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Well Luke Lewis was asked today his thoughts on the situation. He said that the stop start nature of a high penalty game was a positive for his team as it turned the game into a grind which is exactly what they like. But I agree with you that Buzz is a complete idiot.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 9:29 pm

The guy is a Tool - but we all know that.

Obviously the Telecrap is braindead as well for letting him pretend to write for them.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 9:53 pm

The funniest thing about the commentators blowing up about the penalties and saying they are speaking for the fans is that if you look aound most places on the internet including comments made by the public directed at said commentators the public is divided on the issue. These guys are speaking for themselves under the pretense of speaking for the fans.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 12:03 pm

Interesting to see the Sunday footy show Matt Checchin asking his VR for 'numbers' , 'how's it looking' , 'should I keep doing what I'm doing' ?

This proves they are going into games with preconceived ideas... As. If we didn't know

They should just judge what they see.

I noticed Masters and Kaylen Pongia both not binned for pro fouls... Normal programming resuming

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 12:10 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Sat 31 Mar, 2018 3:48 pm
It astounds me how much the referees are blamed nowadays. Their job is the pull up infringements in the game and enforce the rules, NOT to create a spectacle. That's the players and coaches job. If you're not happy with the amount of penalties.....stop giving them away. They should be criticised for the howlers like the Klein decision, but the 33 penalties last night is a product of two ill-disciplined teams.

Sooner or later one of two things will happen
1. The referees will "put the whistle away" and the rucks will become a contest of who can cheat the best
2. The coaches will start to give away fewer penalties in an attempt to gain an advantage.

I sincerely hope the latter is true.
x 2 MM

Blame the players and coaches , no one else is to blame

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 12:13 pm

At one point yestetday the ref said to Melbourne markers "you have to be squarer than that" Here's an idea.....blow the whistle and give us a penalty!

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 12:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 12:03 pm
Interesting to see the Sunday footy show Matt Checchin asking his VR for 'numbers' , 'how's it looking' , 'should I keep doing what I'm doing' ?

This proves they are going into games with preconceived ideas... As. If we didn't know

They should just judge what they see.

I noticed Masters and Kaylen Pongia both not binned for pro fouls... Normal programming resuming
Thats odd isn’t it... it’s as if they have certain goals they must meet every game. They should just be playing what they see, not bothering if what they’re doing is “okay”.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

barra

Post by barra » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 12:15 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 12:13 pm
At one point yestetday the ref said to Melbourne markers "you have to be squarer than that" Here's an idea.....blow the whistle and give us a penalty!
Yeah I heard that! Think it might have been Hoffman? In which case he really deserved to be pinged later on...

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 12:10 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:
Sat 31 Mar, 2018 3:48 pm
It astounds me how much the referees are blamed nowadays. Their job is the pull up infringements in the game and enforce the rules, NOT to create a spectacle. That's the players and coaches job. If you're not happy with the amount of penalties.....stop giving them away. They should be criticised for the howlers like the Klein decision, but the 33 penalties last night is a product of two ill-disciplined teams.

Sooner or later one of two things will happen
1. The referees will "put the whistle away" and the rucks will become a contest of who can cheat the best
2. The coaches will start to give away fewer penalties in an attempt to gain an advantage.

I sincerely hope the latter is true.
x 2 MM

Blame the players and coaches , no one else is to blame
There were certain elements to the referees that the smart coaches like Bellamy & Robinson played on. The refs were never going to blow 15 penalties against one team, and were always going to keep the penalty counts as even as possible. They knew if they could get their players to slow the ruck down to a crawl they would get away with it for a while and if they were penalised into oblivion then they would get square up penalties the other way. It's all been a product of coaches like Hasler, Stuart & Flanagan being able to blame all their failures as a coach on a referee, rather than having the ability to take ownership of it themselves.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:54 am

Melbourne cheating again last night and the dopey refs not up to it. Slater leveraged himself up with the ball, quick tap close to line, Knights player infringes, 10 in the bin. Huge penalty to play when they should have received a penalty. Melbourne have done this in every game this year.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 8:26 am

Slater is milking the stupid rule. You cna hate Slater but people would cheer if Benji pulled a penalty like that.

As for the quick tap. I hate it, absolutely hate it. it needs to be taken out of the game as its just rubbish and the refs interpretation of it is ruining good games.

The defense need time to be able to get back onside.
Its an opinion!

krayola

Post by krayola » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 9:25 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 8:26 am
Slater is milking the stupid rule. You cna hate Slater but people would cheer if Benji pulled a penalty like that.

As for the quick tap. I hate it, absolutely hate it. it needs to be taken out of the game as its just rubbish and the refs interpretation of it is ruining good games.

The defense need time to be able to get back onside.
Totally agree on the quick tap. The ruling is never consistent and it goes unexplained when it’s disallowed.
One of my sources is Pascoe