TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Spud Murphy

Re: TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 6:19 pm

Oh well everyone booed him at the start of the year, but he certainly has had the last laugh now. Teddy and the 'comp buyers' was always going to be a successful fit, despite the shaky start to the relationship.

What I really hate is how the media of late have been having subtle digs at the Tigers when they've been interviewing Teddy asking him 'how it feels to be playing finals footy for the first time in your career' & 'what would you normally be doing at this time of the year?' etc.

The accolades for Tedesco and his rise up the NRL ladder in the team of superstars will continue to sting until Wests Tigers can actually field a consistently competitive top 8 football team of its own. Tedesco won't even matter when that happens. Praying that will be soon, real soon! :pray:

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 6:49 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:18 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 4:15 pm
“I felt like I’ve played a different role then I did at the Tigers,” Tedesco said. “At the Tigers I was trying to do everything and create the plays. I learnt at the Rooster I’m in a quality team I don’t have to overplay my hand."

Sums up Teddy, really... What a douche!
I’d say that this post sums up some of the bitter and twisted members that can be found here at times, and their death riding that they like to do

What Teddy said is true, he is now in a quality team , ,
Yes he tried to hard when he was here.......mainly because others didn’t try enough, and/or weren’t good enough .
I’d love to see him back, but not until we had more good players ,so that he could just worry about his own game
Meanwhile it’s time for some to give up death riding, and wipe the egg off their faces, and just enjoy watching a champion play, in the Test teams, the Soo team, and maybe even a GF,
It's completely poor form for anyone to implicitly bag their former teammates in that way and there are plenty of players that would be classy enough to never do it. Just because something may be true doesn't mean it's a good idea or good form to go openly saying it...typical of you to excuse someone behaving like a jerk just because they happen to be a good player though.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:15 pm

Well said Nelson.
I'm sure teddy knows diplomacy, I just don't think he's too bright

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:23 pm

Whatever ..... not an issue with me any more.
Not a player I have too much time for any more.
That goes with the whole Eastern Suburbs “up themselves” roosters mob!

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:24 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 6:49 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:
“I felt like I’ve played a different role then I did at the Tigers,” Tedesco said. “At the Tigers I was trying to do everything and create the plays. I learnt at the Rooster I’m in a quality team I don’t have to overplay my hand."

I’d say that this post sums up some of the bitter and twisted members that can be found here at times, and their death riding that they like to do

Yes he tried to hard when he was here.......mainly because others didn’t try enough, and/or weren’t good enough .
I’d love to see him back, but not until we had more good players ,so that he could just worry about his own game
Meanwhile it’s time for some to give up death riding, and wipe the egg off their faces, and just enjoy watching a champion play, in the Test teams, the Soo team, and maybe even a GF,
It's completely poor form for anyone to implicitly bag their former teammates in that way and there are plenty of players that would be classy enough to never do it. Just because something may be true doesn't mean it's a good idea or good form to go openly saying it...typical of you to excuse someone behaving like a jerk just because they happen to be a good player though.
x2. No idea why some on here continue to be fans when they openly allow for the club to be mocked in such a way.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 8:58 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

He's right, but he probably doesn't need to be saying that.

That being said I don't hate Tedesco, a lot of the hate for him baffles me, the bloke is a world class player and got an offer to go to a team that could offer him a premiership, whereas we would struggle to offer him top 8 with the state we are in. Can't blame him at all for going. It's not like Moses who started tanking to get his way out of here, or Woods trying to negotiate a deal to take 2-3 players to the Dogs with him whilst he's captain of the club.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 9:32 pm

Can't wai for Tedesco to lose next week and have to stay off social media for a few werks again.

He's dead to me and I hope he never wins any silverware.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 10:24 am

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:24 pm
Nelson wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 6:49 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

x2. No idea why some on here continue to be fans when they openly allow for the club to be mocked in such a way.
He answered a question , what do you expect him to say.

As for jerks ,maybe you should aim some of your jealous venom at some of the below first grade standard players ,who were dragging the team down like an anchor during his time here,
As for allowing our club to be mocked.
He’s not talking about Current players, he’s talking about the team when he was here, and even the most closeminded fans , should be able to admit that we’ve deserved to be mocked for a long time. Or would you be content to wallow along in sleepy mediocrity ,

Up until now , we were very mockable and I couldn’t care less, what anyone says,because we deserved to be,
Hopefully we are starting to pull out of the mire and become a Part of the competition again, and not just an afterthought
I just am just as much interested in this club as you or anyone else is ,but I face facts and admit when we stink as a club or team,
I also like top quality players who can do things that others can’t.
I’d love to see Tedesco win a comp, but rather hedid it with us, but that’s not going to happen any time soon,

If we were playing in a GF against his team, I’d want us to win, but we are not,
So I hope he is as successfull, as possible over the next week or so.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:24 am

"He was talking about the team when he was here..."

Oh, well that's OK then... :roll:
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:52 am

so many salty tigers fans lol

i'm one too but...

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 2:38 pm

No beef with Teddy players, cop plenty from fans and our loyalty shifts with form. He is paving his own path and with that comes the good with the bad. Wish we still had him based on his talent everything else is secondary.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 3:25 pm

I have nothing against Teddy either. I thought he put in every week, even when he knew he was going to the Rorters, he tried hard right to the last game - sometimes too hard. The same can't be said for many of his team mates at the time.
Teddy is a an awesome player and has lifted again this season to be one of the Rorters best. Anyone who wouldn't want him back is plain crazy - but he isn't coming back. It's onward and upward for him and those that can't see that aren't watching the same NRL as me. The fact is the Rorters have a far better squad than we do and if you were a quality footballer who wants to be the best you can be, wouldn't you want to play with the best players you could?? You can't blame him for that.
The crap he had to put up with over the years he was a tiger was not his doing. If you want to blame anyone for him eventually leaving, it is the club management that deserves the blame.
Sure sometimes he has said stuff in interviews that we as fans don't want to hear, but he is no genius, nor eloquent wordsmith, I am prepared to believe he just doesn't think too much about how things might sound before he speaks.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:09 pm

I don’t think one person in the forum actually disagrees with the quality of the team he’s at, it’s a team full of Representative players(excluding Friend and Aubusson).

I know I speak for myself but I don’t really care that he left his junior club for a more successful one. Or even what he may or may not think of the Tigers -team, staff or administration/management. Or even the fact that he’s merely just taking his best options for his career and financial future.
I admit, I die a little inside when I watch him create a little magic and give his all for the most corrupt and soulless of clubs. And we all know he is on the verge of achieving everything he’d started working hard toward since his childhood.

I don’t think anyone is calling him a turd or whatnot because they are salty that he is doing good after walking away from us. I think most of us are perplexed as to why some things are still being mentioned that ultimately disrespect the club. Regardless to what state it’s been in, in recent years, this was the club that invested years into his career. Woods was quick to give his praise to how the club was going this year. Geez even Mitch Moses had nothing but good words. I only question how hard it is for him to show a bit of gratitude - verbally- to the club. Not me or to other fans but to the club.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:19 pm

Lauren wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:09 pm
I don’t think one person in the forum actually disagrees with the quality of the team he’s at, it’s a team full of Representative players(excluding Friend and Aubusson).

I know I speak for myself but I don’t really care that he left his junior club for a more successful one. Or even what he may or may not think of the Tigers -team, staff or administration/management. Or even the fact that he’s merely just taking his best options for his career and financial future.
I admit, I die a little inside when I watch him create a little magic and give his all for the most corrupt and soulless of clubs. And we all know he is on the verge of achieving everything he’d started working hard toward since his childhood.

I don’t think anyone is calling him a turd or whatnot because they are salty that he is doing good after walking away from us. I think most of us are perplexed as to why some things are still being mentioned that ultimately disrespect the club. Regardless to what state it’s been in, in recent years, this was the club that invested years into his career. Woods was quick to give his praise to how the club was going this year. Geez even Mitch Moses had nothing but good words. I only question how hard it is for him to show a bit of gratitude - verbally- to the club. Not me or to other fans but to the club.
Well said Lauren
"Quality Stupidity"

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:50 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:24 am

He certainly was not lying about the quality of our team and coaching over the past few of years, as many on here were also saying similar things
We were a basket case,
But we can sweep it under the carpet if that helps

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 5:26 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:50 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:24 am

He certainly was not lying about the quality of our team and coaching over the past few of years, as many on here were also saying similar things
We were a basket case,
But we can sweep it under the carpet if that helps
As others have already stated, it is poor form to slag off your team mates, or former team mates the way he did. It's a straight up d*** move.

And we sit here most days of every week panning the club on it's shortcomings, no one is sweeping anything under the carpet, but carry on like it's some sort of greater conspiracy to shield us from our mediocrity... :lol:
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 10:57 pm

Wonder how much of it is because Cooper Cronk has sorted them all out

The combinations started to come and good and Cronk is as good as Smith in regards to game management

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:08 pm

Tedesco is a rare player and we let him go.
Don't forget he almost went to Canberra first.. so the talk about wanting to be in a much superior team wasn't a factor then.
Truth is we should have thrown EVERYTHING at him to stay and build the team around him.
Good luck to him - letting him walk was the stupidest thing the club has ever done.