Our Attack About to Click.

Magpie Magic

Re: Our Attack About to Click.

Post by Magpie Magic » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 12:10 pm

The second phase needs to develop. It's budding but to many passes hitting the ground.
Hopefully Liddle and Reynolds loitering around ruck will give forwards options and Thompson coming through the middle. Prefer Brooks not to be the support player unless a try looks brewing so he can set up attack the following play.
This game will show whether at this stage we are a top 4 or top 8 team.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 12:51 pm

The Tigers attack Can not go backwards only forward that's a positive thing

liltiger

Post by liltiger » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 3:33 pm

i think our attack isnt as bad as it seems we put 30 on parra and last week if not for desperate melbourne defence we would have had another 3 tries. Zelezniack and marshall stopped just short of the line and masters being held up over the line

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 3:44 pm

Zelezniack struggles to finish off plays, he isn't the most dangerous guy, he isn't going to do 'freakish' finishes. He will score if its all setup nicely, but I dont think he is going to beat anyone or do anything too crazy. Putting someone more dangerous there would make a huge difference IMO

OzLukeH

Post by OzLukeH » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 4:32 pm

The speed of Liddle is the key for us this weekend. When Manlys forwards tire, and sure as eggs they will come out hard to begin with, that's when Liddle, reynolds and Brooks will grab the game.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:40 am

Eddie

How good was it to see our halves combining both sides of the field ...leading to tries no less... And what a difference Jacob makes...

It also feels as though it can get better...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:42 am

Liddle is the key,the kid is the goods, keeps the defence guessing and makes the 6/7s job easier.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:56 am

The first month seemed to be about offloads and second phase. Wasn't working for us in opposition 20s. Now combinations are forming and it's much more structured, selective passing at the line, the threat of a grubber to create some doubt, running games improving for the spine. I'm enjoying the contrast and flexibility in our game plan.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:32 am

Good to see a lot of the Liddle doubters have put their reservations away.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:14 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:40 am
Eddie

How good was it to see our halves combining both sides of the field ...leading to tries no less... And what a difference Jacob makes...

It also feels as though it can get better...
Yes its a breath of fresh air. The speed of Liddle and Brooks destroyed Manly yesterday. Obviously the possession and our forwards dominating played a huge part but you still have to put the icing on the cake.

The signs were there on s slippery track against a good defensive team like Melbourne that we were starting to get it together.

What we produced against a haphazard defensive side like Manly yesterday didn't surprise me but excited me greatly!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 4:44 am
Eddie wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 12:20 am
I said we lack talent Geo at the start of the year I Know- well done for reminding me for the 3rd or 4th time with your subtle reminders.

No one is happier then mw that it is being proved wrong - which it is. Be have collective talent as a team. We are gelling fantastically and some of the key signings are going great guns which i doubted.

Trying to be the funny man and taking little shots with cryptic or subtle one liners in most threads is fine but I would love to see people debate the actual attack and whether they think it is about to really click or whether we will continue to sort of try but struggle.
Hope youre not wrong this time Eddie... We really do need to start putting some tries on and quick
Oh well...only one really good game (Manly) and one half decent game (NQ) since this post.
Shouldve known shouldnt we?
Been burnt too often

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:28 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 4:44 am
Eddie wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 12:20 am
I said we lack talent Geo at the start of the year I Know- well done for reminding me for the 3rd or 4th time with your subtle reminders.

No one is happier then mw that it is being proved wrong - which it is. Be have collective talent as a team. We are gelling fantastically and some of the key signings are going great guns which i doubted.

Trying to be the funny man and taking little shots with cryptic or subtle one liners in most threads is fine but I would love to see people debate the actual attack and whether they think it is about to really click or whether we will continue to sort of try but struggle.
Hope youre not wrong this time Eddie... We really do need to start putting some tries on and quick
Oh well...only one really good game (Manly) and one half decent game (NQ) since this post.
Shouldve known shouldnt we?
Been burnt too often
Our attack in phases looked superb today. It was the errors and soft defence that cost us.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:39 pm

Well...I dunno about that.
Broken field play is one thing.
When we finally get down to the oppositions red zone, we just dont really have a freeking clue

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:39 pm
When we finally get down to the oppositions red zone, we just dont really have a freeking clue
like when Farah makes a break down the sideline, plays the ball but there is no DH - the ball could have hatched an egg
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:01 pm

Inks correct, our attack in the red zone is very uninspiring. We don’t look like we are going to cross the line. Nothing we do troubles the opposition.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:05 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:39 pm
Our forwards stand flat footed and seldom support each other by trailing the ball carrier both sides.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!