Tigers Make Good Players & Good Teams Look Awful

Wests Tigers Discussion
Toowoomba Tiger

Tigers Make Good Players & Good Teams Look Awful

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:57 am

Its becoming a trend that I'm loving atm. The Tigers have made some very good players and good teams look awful compared to their usual standards. I've been laughing like one of those sinister bad guys in the movies watching some of the frustration and poor plays by these players and teams we've come up against. The missus thinks I've gone Bonkers this season.

R1: Cronk & Tedesco terrible (sinister laughing at Tedescos bombed try)
R2: Slater all out of sorts in his 300th (Evil LOL)
R3: I dont talk about that game anymore (not laughing here)
R4: So every team is making Parra look bad, but still - Moses (more sinister laughing)
R5: Storm weren't going to let it happen again and in Bellamy's 400th (nearly in tears of laughter now)
R6: Was really worried about DCE, Koriosou and especially Turbo (more laughter there than one of the better Sienfield episodes).

In all seriousness, our defence is frustrating teams and individuals and they are all allowing us to dictate the game and the tempo for the most part.

I like Browny and the Knights (I feel their pain) but lets hope there is some deranged laughter in the next game.
previously known as 'The Tooth'

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:07 am

Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:57 am
Its becoming a trend that I'm loving atm. The Tigers have made some very good players and good teams look awful compared to their usual standards. I've been laughing like one of those sinister bad guys in the movies watching some of the frustration and poor plays by these players and teams we've come up against. The missus thinks I've gone Bonkers this season.

R4: So every team is making Parra look bad, but still - Moses (more sinister laughing)
R5: Storm weren't going to let it happen again and in Bellamy's 400th (nearly in tears of laughter now)
R6: Was really worried about DCE, Koriosou and especially Turbo (more laughter there than one of the better Sienfield episodes).

In all seriousness, our defence is frustrating teams and individuals and they are all allowing us to dictate the game and the tempo for the most part.

I like Browny and the Knights (I feel their pain) but lets hope there is some deranged laughter in the next game.
Hopefully we keep up a consistent effort.

There is an old Greek saying "for all the laughing you do, there is an equal amount of crying."

Hope it doesn't come back to bite you on the bum.

Toowoomba Tiger

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:14 am

Already had a fair dose of crying in recent years with the Tigers. Hopefully just balancing the scales now.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:18 am

Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:14 am
Already had a fair dose of crying in recent years with the Tigers. Hopefully just balancing the scales now.
Honestly I dont think we could cry after the last few years. I became used to mediocrity. Just warranted a sigh, not a cry haha

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:18 am

Let's hope the saying works in reverse.

Personally I'll wait until we win a Premiership before laughing too loud.

I'll just enjoy a few smiles along the way to whenever that is.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:20 am

Yeah surely after the last few years of crying there is now going to be several years of laughing before it evens out

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:31 am

I hope we crush the knights
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:37 am

I was thinking about this also, we've made every team we've come up against so far look fairly average. And how good was it yesterday making Brookie turn on it's own players and boo them off at half time! Lol. Don't think I can remember us being so dominant so as to evoke a reaction like that.

Toowoomba Tiger

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:43 am

Yeah true. I've seen our fans give a standing ovation for the boys at halftime several times over the years at home games, but cant ever recall the opposition home side being booed off. Priceless!

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:46 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:07 am
Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:57 am

Hopefully we keep up a consistent effort.

There is an old Greek saying "for all the laughing you do, there is an equal amount of crying."

Hope it doesn't come back to bite you on the bum.
Thankfully we paid our interest up front.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:50 am

Phil Gould talked about this on 100% Footy. Pretty much said the same thing.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.