Lawrence : Has he gained a yard of pace ??

happy tiger

Lawrence : Has he gained a yard of pace ??

Post by happy tiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 11:40 pm

Sorry I wanted to rewatch the game before starting this thread , but there was a moment just after he scored his first try when he makes an angled run and almost scores , it was a great tackle by Manly

But he was moving quick was our boy Rowdy , he was moving real quick

I'd go out on a limb and say it is the quickest I've seen him run since he set up that great try v the Saints in 2011 when he does his hamstring when we targeted an injured Jamie Soward in that great comeback win

I don't know if anyone is privy to his stats or KPI's , but I reckon he is moving faster now than 2012 :sign:

Thoughts ??

PS And if he is , why couldn't someone else help him find that speed ??

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 12:00 am

No Happy your eyes are getting slower :roll
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 12:17 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 11:40 pm
Sorry I wanted to rewatch the game before starting this thread , but there was a moment just after he scored his first try when he makes an angled run and almost scores , it was a great tackle by Manly

I'd go out on a limb and say it is the quickest I've seen him run since he set up that great try v the Saints in 2011 when he does his hamstring when we targeted an injured Jamie Soward in that great comeback win

I don't know if anyone is privy to his stats or KPI's , but I reckon he is moving faster now than 2012 :sign:

Thoughts ??

Yep - I’d agree. I thought for all money he’d score and I know he got the jump on DCE for his try but he looked to be moving very freely.

The concern was when he had some open space in our half and passed to Kev early. Perhaps he picked up the injury by that stage.

I also think he looks trimmer this year? Might be a reason.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 12:18 am

sheer64 wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 12:00 am
No Happy your eyes are getting slower :roll
My eyes initially didn't think it was Rowdy :lol:

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 4:10 am

I think its a combination of refs keeping teams back the 10 this year and playing with a very good forward pack.

Rowdy runs good lines and that would have to do with him playing centre for so long.

He isn't having to throw himself at the line like a prop just to get ourselves in a decent position to kick.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:36 am

My impression, as with Happy, is that he is quicker this year.

I wonder whether his training program has been altered.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:39 am

Yes Rowdy would win Gold at the 20m event at the Olymipics...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:25 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 11:40 pm

Thoughts ??

Definately quicker this season. I noticed from game 1 and he hasn’t dropped off.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

willow

Post by willow » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:29 am

He does look a little quicker on his feet this year. Mind you the gains in fitness and strength from RP are paying off, Brooks in particular is reaping the benefits of all the extra running during the offseason.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:35 am

It's possible, Ronnie Palmer's fairy dust can produce all sorts of miracles :lol:

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 1:24 pm

Also I personally reckon the distribution to Rowdy is superior this year. Brooks has historically thrown him a good number of osperdales, which he has both caught and not caught in the teeth of the defence.

Better pass selection and more threat out wide means Rowdy not so heavily targeted and I believe that also adds to the perception of more pace - i.e. more space in which to show that pace.

magpiesteve

Post by magpiesteve » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 1:33 pm

I had though he has been muscle bound for years & certainly seems to be moving more freely now. Perhaps it is the Palmer factor.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 1:58 pm

It the recent game against Manly, I had the same thought. A few times in that game he looked very quick for a forward. I think the commentators on fox mentioned his pace as well.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...